[Dungeon Overlord] Dear Nightowl

5 posts

Flag Post

After this game has been released from beta, swarms of new players have joined up (yay!)

A couple comments.

Today alone, several quetsions get asked over and over by new players. This tells me the tutorial quests dont explain it well enough, and need to be updated.

1. How do i add friends? The quest comes too early. It needs to come after access to the overworld, and should walk a player through how to add another player.

2 Goblins. When i occupy a dungeon, what happens to the goblins? (they respwan immediately in the dungeon that sent the occupying force) add this to the tutorial.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sharkhunter:

After this game has been released from beta, swarms of new players have joined up (yay!)

A couple comments.

Today alone, several quetsions get asked over and over by new players. This tells me the tutorial quests dont explain it well enough, and need to be updated.

1. How do i add friends? The quest comes too early. It needs to come after access to the overworld, and should walk a player through how to add another player.

2 Goblins. When i occupy a dungeon, what happens to the goblins? (they respwan immediately in the dungeon that sent the occupying force) add this to the tutorial.

Nightowl, I would recomend to add link to wiki to the description if the game. Knowledge base is not usefull for new players to get started and a lot of players quit game early because it is not clear how to play it.
As I remember, when I’ve started for the first time, I was resetting my account 4-5 times to go over tutorial again and again to get everithing from it and still I have got most questions answered on Wiki.
I know it is outdated, but when new players will know about it and use a lot there will be point in updating it instead of answering the same questions in kong chat every 15 minutes.

Flag Post

Another constant question in chat: where do I get leather? Seems like that might need a better description in the tutorial as well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gmdclark:

Another constant question in chat: where do I get leather? Seems like that might need a better description in the tutorial as well.

You get leather from raiding towns in the overworld. I thought it was clear in the quest description but that only helps if you read it and not just look at the goals.

Flag Post

I’ll pass on the suggestions for the Tutorial. We will have an official wiki launching soon. It should have a lot of details, and help as well! Thanks for the great feedback so far!