[Vorp!] Ship Statistics for the last 2 weeks

9 posts

Flag Post

We just released some graphs of overall ship statistics on the Vorp Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VorpTheGame

This is not a complete picture of our statistic tracking but we thought it would be cool to share a peek at some of the tools we use behind the scenes to drive our decisions on balancing.

These particular graphs tell us a few things:
1) how popular every ship is
2) how are they performing in ship to ship battles
3) how survivable are they in ship to ship battles

Note this set of graphs does not take into account other very important aspects of certain roles, such as base defense, Drone kills, and support (heals, buffs/debuffs, assists), so by no means is it the only one we use.

Flag Post

very interesting. but shouldn’t in theory Elo-adjusted win/loss ratio mostly be sufficient?

also i imagine a large part of why new ships do so well is (aside from not having been nerfed yet) because nobody knows how to counter them yet.

Flag Post

Take the stats from the top 100 players so that noobs that get 0-10+ on every ship aren’t factored in.

Flag Post

I was looking more at the colors and it’s weird seeing Jabber with red and black. Wow, Torpaz is topping the charts.

Flag Post

Torpaz hasn’t been free to play. That means only people that generally have a good idea of what they’re doing are playing it against people that generally never fight Torpaz, which skews the statistics severely.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lichice:

Torpaz hasn’t been free to play. That means only people that generally have a good idea of what they’re doing are playing it against people that generally never fight Torpaz, which skews the statistics severely.

I know, I’m one of those “people” who bought it.

Flag Post

Yea the stats should be weighted a bit better. Just because Torpaz has a high KD doesnt mean its better, just less people play it I am really excited however that you are tracking things like this!

Flag Post

^that doesn’t really have anything to do with weighing raw stats. these are just the raw stats.

however, it is a big reason why locked ships should still be availeble for single player test runs.

Flag Post

I agree, test runs should be free. Or at least if over commander rank 10.