[The Grinns Tale] Is it impossible to survive through floors without a knight?

4 posts

Flag Post

So right now, im using a sneak set adventure (all refined items), as my tank, while I have a shaman haste and an archer. I have life steal II and fancy flurry on my adventurer, so he usually heals enough since he hits so fast, that I dont really have to have a healer (im on floor 23.) I know that later on, monsters get progressively stronger, so my question is, do i need to have a knight to continue surviving without using insane amounts of potions? and if so, are adventurers viable in high up lv? I feel like most people have a knight, archer/wizard, and than a haster, so does anyone even use adventurers in late game content?

Flag Post

i’m at floor 38, my tank is a berserker and not an adventurer, lvl 24 with t3 set, there aren’t really big difference between us, just that adventurer isn’t a good tank ^^

the main purpose of adventurer in late game is really to farm, since berserker do more dmg and tank better, knight tank better, archer can scald, and wizard and aoe shock

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ownaid:

i’m at floor 38, my tank is a berserker and not an adventurer, lvl 24 with t3 set, there aren’t really big difference between us, just that adventurer isn’t a good tank ^^

the main purpose of adventurer in late game is really to farm, since berserker do more dmg and tank better, knight tank better, archer can scald, and wizard and aoe shock

Adventurers get great damage and great natural speed, as well as considerably better survivability then archer. Dandy set and Conqueror set have about the same defence and damage, but the Dandy gets +6 more speed – so at T4 adventurer is almost on par with knight for tanking. I would say adv has alot more uses then farming.

I use Knight to tank against hard-hitting mobs with his high defence, and Berserker to tank against armor ignoring mobs with his high hp.

At floor 45 I think a Tier 5 knight is needed alot, since you get extremely hard hitting mobs that 1-shot almost everything.

So to answer your questions: at high levels yes, at least I still use advs alot (refined sneak + Dandy sword still). Knight in Conqueror set is good since it has double the defence of a sneak adventurer. Berserker is not a viable tank against hard hitting mobs, since even with 200hp he cant steal enough hp back to survive more then 2 hits.

What class is “the most useful” goes back and forth alot during the leves, but to me it feels like all classes end up being useful and needed.

Flag Post

I also still use an Adventurer, he was really good with a Sneak set and a Big Wrench I found (89 attack). He was really fast and pretty powerful. My Berserker only had 2 more points in attack :P
I’m working on my Dandy set right now, but it looks like it will be pretty good aswell.