[Smashmuck Champions]Why does this game need to run as admin?

5 posts

Flag Post

I was iffy about downloading a game from Kong, since the way this site has been run in the past year or so I don’t really trust you corporate whores. This necessity to run as admin every time is a pretty big deal. Why is it there?

Flag Post

So it can bypass things like Anti-Virus and Firewalls usually and give you a smooth connection to the game. This is usually the case with MOST games that you have to download. Its also to allow it to accsess its own files on the computer alot of the time. Windows won’t let it get into program files to actually run the game

Flag Post

Yes it currently needs administrator access to download and patch the appropriate files needed to run the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kizstudios:

Yes it currently needs administrator access to download and patch the appropriate files needed to run the game.

That makes sense once. The game requests admin access every time I try to run it.

And what the hell is a Kongregate client, and why was I not asked to confirm whether or not I want to install it?

Flag Post

The Kongregate client is Kongregate’s downloadable login and payment program. I believe they will be releasing it with all Kongregate’s downloadable titles.