[Senatry] Dying Game

18 posts

Flag Post

I’ve noticed the game went from 200+ to less then 50 on the servers now. But I also know why after playing for a bit. Seems red horses are more rare then getting struck by lightning, and red rings (by rumor) will cost alot gold to try to obtain. Impossible if no gold is used. Furthest i could go was only blue. (completing all 6 daily quest per day for a few months). Worse part is there are really no guides on builds INCLUDING equipment, only the basics. Obviously, there are builds far SUPERIOR to others, but zero info about it. Then the HUGE differences between the npc areas, and engines that will be USELESS in the higher ends of those areas. Then the crap of THE best heroes in the game magically doing only 50 damage or less on the 10,000+ troop npcs??
The worse part is the time it takes to upgrade equipment…UGGG!!! And each color gets worse and worse. What SHOULD have been built at a ONE year (or less) game, turns into several years (unless you are willing to pay real money-or got REALLY lucky on the roulette wheel-gold). And that’s only for the ones that can take the time to play HOURS per day. I can see many quit at the lower levels when they find out just how long it takes to upgrade just one item, much less several pieces (2+ years?). Not mentioning having to stay online waiting for hours for the odds of upgrading to be possible. Even with the odds being 100% all the time, it will STILL take a very long time to upgrade, as some items, one step upgrade, can cost far more then what you can get per day, let alone 5 times.
As i can tell, seems only the ppl that are able to get red rings and use tactical will be finishing the game, all others are mostly screwed. That’s from quite a few forums. As long as the game stays the way it is, it will be dying a slow death.

Flag Post

It’s been dying for a long time actually. Louise in criss cross array middle with 2 good tacts behind will beat the game, if you have everything red and maxed. LOL. I played for over a year and still 3 pieces away from a red shield. Spent 20+ mil and several hundred gold resetting timer to try for red horse and never got a single part. LOL. Of the 50 players you speak of, it’s not per server, that’s just the same ones on each server, and of those 50, at least 20 are playing alts also. LOL.

Flag Post

The drop rates and collects parts is extremely ridiculous.

Flag Post

Glad a few think the drop rate is beyond crappy. Bad enough how long it takes to upgrade, but the odds of actually getting reds…..

The game could have been pretty good (for us that like this type of game anyway), if the drop rates were ok, and entrustment actually progressed per use, and the last dealer gave out reds. And if they bothered to even up the engines and rage characters to have a chance to winning the game. I’ve seen what you’re talking about xsmokex, seems pretty close to the only way of winning the game is to have louise, providing he survives to launch his rage attack first. Only allowed to use so few heroes out of many…that’s pretty crappy programming.
And yes, 50..that includes all servers here PLUS their duplicates. The game seriously needs to change quickly, or there will be noone to play it.

Flag Post

Deary me, it doesn’t take over a year to max an equip, my main has a few level 130 equips, yes a red horse is difficult to get, and no it is not impossible to get red rings without gold, it has been done all based on luck, some guys have got red rings with auto daily. And no, A louise criss cross will not finish the game for you it’ll only help, incidentally I have finished both Qin and Persia and it can be done at 100 (I did it at 110).

Flag Post

Game is dying yes, though not for a lack of red items as i’ve been reading. It’s dying from disinterest and boredom, now for those that have achieved end game and once again, that it doesn’t evolve. The growth of Senatry is in spurts and fits not consistently, it it the people and pvp that makes it constant but even that now is ‘meh’. Because of the last 2 maps (most) everyone has a cloned array consisting of Pompey, Attius, 2 tacts and a RS. Dead boring because now too it is too easy, everything handed on a platter. As for the red horses and shields… on K4 you breathe in and see someone getting a drop from the entrustment, granted the Horsies are a little harder (still much easier than it used to be) but everyone and their grandmother now has 1, 2 or even 5 athenas and a few with several (not one) Sleipnirs.
The battles in the different maps, while people partake of them for the free silver and chips, that too is dead boring… you park yourself on a spot and go do other things….

World chat is once again dead, everyone keeps to their family or just doesnt even bother to talk… it’s almost as if it takes too much effort to interact and the ones supposed to be trying to change that prefer to do their chatting elsewhere… it’s a vicious circle that won’t change unless the developers start implementing consistent upgrades to the game. Just my 2 cents…. plus I wanted to congratulate Paul again on passing Persia/Qin at lvl110 lol well done !

Flag Post

I agree Andro with the exception of the drops. I have 7 parts of a Slepnir, and 2 parts of Athena. However, since I like the challenge, I am determined to find a way to do Persia and Qin with or without a red horse, red ring, red shield. I managed to get thru Dacia and Hun with mostly purple armor and shields, orange weaps, orange horse and orange ring. None of the aforementioned equips were maxed either, one red weap at 104 the rest between 80 and 95. I also intend to stick mostly with my engines if at all possible, but we shall see. I am certainly not in a big hurry though since after Persia and Qin, its all over unless they develop the next step.

Boats

Flag Post

“Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated” …. funny quote, and history lesson for the day.

In reality, i’ve been listening to the game dying for 6 months now, and yet it still keeps going. As with all games, there are life cycles, old players leave, new ones take their place.

As for rings, I got all 5 of mine using less than 100 gold total. And for the Sleipnir, there is at least one i know that ground through entrustment on K2 to get a sleipnir from parts. I also believe the everyone has a sleipnir or two statement is a big of a stretch. I’m on a good amount, I don’t see the announcements popping up. There is no way the entrustment is easier, the drop rate hasn’t increased any. The difference is the housekeeper, and those putting it on auto-entrust.

And it’s just silly to say it takes years and years…game hasn’t been around that long, yet I have a great deal of max equips, 3 max red rings etc… (and did it all straight up, not manipulating the system, justifying unethical behavior with the, but they did it whining BS)….

The statement that engines can’t be used is again, complete utter nonsense. Why don’t you ask Ankit or Desucces if engines can be used to beat Persia or Qin??

The point to all this, is the same point I’ve always made from the beginning. There are many ways to play the game, and many tactics that can be used. The easiest way to beat the end maps, is Pompey, Attius etc…. but then again you can challenge yourself. I didn’t use Pompey against every NPC, and used Attius even less. *Louise is a must for some though….

The game is about enjoyment, and honestly, the reason many people leave is the Jr High drama and constant bickering and whining from many users. It really is very simple, either you enjoy the game, you are here to relax, have fun, meet people…..or you are just here to quit once a week, bitch and moan about every little incident and to generally cast a negative light on the game. If you hate it that much, there is the door. Reminds me of former Scipii, who i had several run ins with, who quit at least 10 times before finally disappearing….

Life is too long to hold on to the hatred and drama. Learn to let go of the things that really don’t matter. Smile, laugh and spread joy. Instead of continually bashing, trying supporting the game that many of you have played for many months or a year or better…FOR FREE…. think of the positives, the fun you’ve had and some of the people you’ve met….

Now, let’s all meet in world chat and 10:00 server time, group hug hold hands and sing Kumbaya…

Flag Post

Jpenn hit the head on the nail, errr… something like that. This game definitely runs in cycles. I’ve seen people rise to dominance and then quit. Rinse and repeat and you have what we have today. I’ve thought about leaving a few times myself, but it’s the enjoyment I get from chatting with the usual players that keep me coming back. The game is just something that ties us together. Probably not a good analogy if you just saw me walking out of “The Basement” but there you have it.

Now as for the inference that you need reds to keep the game going, that’s not true. You don’t even need maxed equips, they do help though. I got through Persia with 2 purple shields, both of which are well under 100 and I STILL have them! listens to the horde of RS users clamouring to attack me Point being is equipment shouldn’t decide if the game lives or dies and it doesn’t. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m still trying to get better equipment =) It’s just not that high on my to do list.

I do disagree with the Jr. High remark. Jpenn, you of all people keep pantsing me and throwing stink bombs in the hallway. And remember that time we set up a bucket of pigs blood over the prom stage? Oh, dear me. Seems I’ve gone senile again and confusing movies with real life…

Flag Post

Re-amp the game, or it dies like Caesary. Plain and simple

Flag Post

NO keep it the same i just want new maps atleast once every 2 months =), + dat

Flag Post

Little ironic some pointed out “luck” without even knowing it. Getting the “reds” is based on LUCK. And the majority is NOT lucky. Obviously that doesn’t mean someone didn’t get a red horse, red shield, etc. It means very FEW will ever get them.
Yes, more activity is needed in the game. But it also needs to have the heroes fixed, so ANYONE should be able to finish it, NOT the ones that choose a few tacs, and a rs hero (like louise).
One thing that could be done is like what caesary had, attacking locations for items that can be used for upgrading/advancing. Maybe random events like “caravans” randomly through the day, where you can randomly get items, or at least parts, according to your level. Maybe arenas that can be entered 5-10 times per day, against progressive npcs after each success, for better and better rewards. No bugles needed, maybe resets every day. Allowing experience for heroes and prestige attacking npcs. The suggestions thread here, doesn’t have much input unfortunately.
I’ve spend months going through the daily quest, all 6 done per day, again the highest ring was only BLUE. Usually it stopped at green 90% of the time, no matter what i did. Seems more based on LUCK (aka 1% or less chance). And i’m NOT a lucky person.
And lauriesrank, if you don’t share what items, heroes, array, and levels of all of those, to beat qin and persia, how will anyone else learn? Probably one of the biggest killers of the game, it’s learning curve, and ZERO info about the REAL damage of heroes + items. As some know, a few heroes are completely USELESS, neither npc nor pvp.
I had someone else that played at work this game, and for months he tried different things, and found out the hard way, what he tried for was USELESS and basically REQUIRED to rebuild. He quit, because, he too, had very bad luck…ZERO red items, and only orange weapons. We thought, according to some sites, the brutii pescennius was suppose to be a pretty good hitter for at least most of the npcs maps… opps … really it’s NOT, unless you have a upgraded RED (maybe orange) horse. It was misinformation, but most of it is. None of the sites talks about equipment. Only a small group of people here actually know the builds, but they are NOT sharing, or share with extremely few people. But then we STILL get to the same point as always, almost ALL HEROES ARE useless at higher levels, only an extremely few choices are really the option. That’s not really fair.

Flag Post

Shadowspawn understand your having some trouble and that this may be frustrating. Have you tried asking, start with your league, ask in world chat, talk to a PG or the GM, search in the Forum threads. The info is there and PPL are here to help but are not mind readers (maybe Vader).

Regards

Flag Post

Shadowspawn, this may not be well received by you because you are fixated on getting red equips but this thread has told you in several different ways that you don’t necessarily ‘need’ those things you are seeking to complete the game. Those that have made it through Persia and Qin did not have guides either. They kept trying different things till they found something that worked. If you want to find someones ‘formula’ and make it work for you then you will probably have to wait until someone else does it in a way that fits your build so you can copy it. The ones that have done it, did the work to make it work for them and there are plenty more that are trying it their own way without waiting for the red stuff to randomly drop into their lap.

Boats

Flag Post

ummmm I shared…and I shared right away.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/84-senatry/topics/297868-tips-arrays-for-beating-qin-at-low-levels

You don’t win anything in this game by keeping information close to your chest unless you’re just an asshole who doesnt like to help, so saying that nobody shares it is rubbish. I understand you’re upset and I’ve been there too, so I’ll never ridicule your rant. But I do take exception to the broad statement that people here don’t help. You can’t move thru senatry without tripping over a do-gooder and that is a marvelous thing to see. Anyway different strokes for different folks… that is the setup that worked for me at lvl100 – lvl115.

ps. well said Sinbad

Flag Post

Unfortunately there are many reasons for players to leave, but most I dont think they are what was listed Shadowspawn…. There are things about the game that will be harder depending on how you wish to play, but I have yet to see anyone ask who doesnt get help.. on any of the servers.
I really think Jpenn44 and DeadbyDon were correct… you get out of it what you want to… If you want to have fun and enjoy yourself… you will.. there are plenty of fun people on all servers. If it seems a chore and your not sure what your doing or why you play… ask questions… yes you will get different answers on somethings.. people play differently. Luck is an element of this game certainly, but not the only or main element. Either way its a game and should be fun… and the beauty is you can change things try things and sometimes get them to work, when someone else couldnt. If not then try again….
So hope to see you in chat or a post with some specific questions… Im sure you will get some answers
GMKailis

Flag Post

@Andromedia – I did see your post. The typical tacts with a one rage (louise), but I see you also got lucky on the red rings. congrads.

@gmkailis – The chats are fairly dead, only a few online at a time. I almost never see legions going, but I am a bit lower in level then others. And I have asked questions before, but noone answered, or very generic answers. Like i said, there is very little activity these days.

I was planning on going for the winning builds, 2 tacts, a rs tank (like louise). But the problem i’m having is the daily quest. There has to be some type of secret on forcing it up it’s levels. I tried many different ways, but I cannot get it to advance after green most of the time. That is extremely frustrating.

By the chats, engines are cool, until the higher end npc, then they become useless. The best build seems to be one rs, 2 tacts, 2 harpers, the winning build I wanted to go for. I’m forced to try 2 rs heroes instead, with harpers. But i run into the problem again, needing much better horses, even if it’s just orange ones. I did max upgrade the purple horse i have, but it’s not hitting hard at all. But through the builds of what my workmate tried, it never will for any hero chosen anyway. I would like the odds for a better horse to be much higher, or at least on a npc so i can get the parts….slowly.

And i play to pass the time at work. It’s not so much a pvp game, like other games, so i don’t need to “babysit” it.

Flag Post

You get an orange horse: Nightingale from the monument in Parthia. that’s the one i’m using. after that the game has a sense of humour or a sadist bent in that everytime you entrust now orange horsies rear up.

For the rings I only recently (a few months) hit a lvl10 DQ. ended up using about 200g. the key for me that seemed to work on all the other accounts I had (in getting the lvl up higher than 7) was: choose one quest in particular to be your ‘repeater’ for me it was ‘crops’ do that quest repeatedly (if you are able) and the level tends to rise. If you get up to at least 6 or 7 by a Thursday then I would chance using the gold to refresh. The key with the gold is that you if you refresh and get a higher level then you MUST do the top quest, to “seal” the upgrade, then hit refresh again until you get another upgrade. It didn’t look as if it would ever upgrade at one stage so inbetween the refreshing with gold I did a crops quest (again crops seems to work for me).

PS. farm ur equipment, don’t wait on the game to give you anything. I was never getting the ripper drops or HOOs or SoBs so I farmed Maces of Curse from Chrestus using the force attack, prior to that I farmed Magas in..Egypt? for the 5 Roman Loracai. That is another feature geared towards using gold. The key with force attacks is to hit the NPC constantly using gold to kill the cd. wham gold wham gold wham gold. you’ll get the drop, sometimes getting a 3 for 3. I promise you it works. there are little “tricks” don’t wait for Senatry to give you stuff…they’re stingy, make ur own path thru this game.