[Battle Storm]Gun Opinions - All The Info Right Here

11 posts

Flag Post

- > – Gun Opinions – < -

Simple enough. Everyone, post your opinion on each gun. After several players post, we should get a collective idea of each gun. Please only post opinions on guns you have used, and give some detailed information such as who you recommend it to and what you think this gun goes well with, along with pros/cons, not just “I like this gun.”

Each weapon will have these tags next to them:

Weapon Range Tag
N/A [No Set Range/Duration/Delayed Weapons]
Short [<400]
Medium [400-600]
Long [>600]

Weapon Role Tag
Active Offensive [Shoots offensive projectiles]
Delayed Offensive [Shoots offensive traps/mines]
Active Support [Shoots defensive/support projectiles]
Delayed Support [Shoots defensive/support traps/mines]

T1 Guns [Cheap and affordable beginner guns]

Pistol [N/A Gold, Medium Range, Active Offensive]

“Well er, this is the one of the two guns you start with. It’s okay. If you combine it Pistol/Rifle you can get a LOT of DPS. The rifle’s 110 damage average over a short period of time, then switch with pistol, which gives you a sudden boost of damage. Other than that, IMO not really a good weapon.” – DragonArcherZ

Rifle [N/A Gold, Medium Range, Active Offensive]

“For me, I think this is trash but it’s probably because I’ve gotten used to the Battle Rifle, which is a 700 range Rifle basically with slightly higher DPS. Overall, this weapon has a higher damage rate than pistol.” – DragonArcherZ

Shotgun [1000 Gold, Short Range, Active Offensive]

“Pretty deadly weapon if you get proficient witht it, I can’t use it well though >,<” – SonOfHades666

Ricochet [1500 Gold, Long Range, Active Offensive]

“Fairly decent weapon for beginners, has a small blast radius, very far range, great for running backwards while shooting.” – SonOfHades666

Heal Gun [2000 Gold, Short Range, Active Support]

“Horribly bad gun, not recommended to buy at all.” – SonOfHades666

T2 Guns [4000 Gold+ Weapons]

Flak Cannon [4000 Gold, Long Range, Active Offensive]

“To me, this is basically the better version of ricochet. It does great DPS for a cheap price, I recommend this to beginners. Overall it’s a decent weapon that’s bounce is also useful, which allows for tricky hits that only Grenade Launcher and Ricochet can match. Very cheap pricing.” – DragonArcherZ

Speed Sap Gun [5000 Gold, Medium Range, Active Offensive]

“Great weapon to speed yourself up/slow people now. Good for defending/capping flags. Flak is a great combination.” – SonOfHades666

Heal Pod [7000 Gold, N/A Range, Delayed Support]

“Drops a medikit item for you or a teammate to heal off of. Best to use when you have a good primary gun, usually good to use whenever Caltrops is a good idea (Factory DM and Overgrowth)” – SonOfHades666

Snare Gun [8000 Gold, Long Range, Active Offensive]

“Quite a horrible gun, slow them to 20% speed with low dmg, kind of high cooldown, Caltrops is better in almost every situation.” – SonOfHades666

Caltrops [9000 Gold, N/A Range, Delayed Offensive]

“See Heal Pod above, but its a good gun for defending in small maps, especially when put above jumppads or the see-through platforms.” – SonOfHades666"

Freeze Gun [12500 Gold, Long Range, Active Offensive]

“Good gun for stopping enemies, “freezes and stuns” them, one of the best weapons for 1 v 1 situations.” – SonOfHades666

T3 Guns [15000 Gold+ Weapons]

Grenade Launcher [15000 Gold, N/A Range, Active Offensive]

Mine Launcher [17500 Gold, N/A Range, Delayed Offensive]

Rocket Launcher [20000 Gold, Medium Range, Active Offensive]

“Deals decent damage, close range it sucks. Works well with another long range wep. I use Battle Rifle/Rocket Launcher, basically I shoot RL first for the mass DPS and then I fire BR, which gives me a short quick burst DPS. Great weapon, and easy to aim.” – DragonArcherZ

“Best to use defensively as the projectile is quite slow but is a very solid choice for a secondary gun.” – SonOfHades666

Magnum [22500 Gold, Medium Range, Active Offensive]

“Used offensively and defensively, does massive dmg in return for a 5 second cooldown, this gun requires great precision but when used correctly can dominate.” – SonOfHades666

Anti-Matter Cannon [25000 Gold, N/A Range, Active Offensive]

“Not that great of a gun compared to the price, its an expensive version of freeze, except slower and has an AOE bomb, though unlikely to catch more than 1 person in it, so might as well get a freeze gun.” – SonOfHades666

Flag Post

Res

Flag Post

Res

Flag Post

Shotgun [1000 Gold]
Pretty deadly weapon if you get proficient witht it, I can’t use it well though >,<
Ricochet [1500 Gold]
Fairly decent weapon for beginners, has a small blast radius, very far range, great for running backwards while shooting
Heal Gun [2000 Gold]
Horribly bad gun, not reccomened to buy at all.
Flak Cannon [4000 Gold]
Very solid weapon, can be use almost with any other weapon, however I find it really shines when used with speed sap or as a secondary weapon.
Speed Sap Gun [5000 Gold]
Great weapon to speed yourself up/slow people now. Good for defending/capping flags. flak is a great comb
Heal Pod [7000 Gold]
Drops a medkit item for you or a teammate to heal off of. Best to use when you have a good primary gun, usually good to use whenever caltrops is a good idea(factory dm and overgrowth)
Snare Gun [8000 Gold]
Quite a horrible gun, slow them to 20% speed with low dmg, kind of high cooldown, caltrops is better in almost every situation.
Caltrops [9000 Gold]
See heal pod above, but its a good gun for defending in small maps, especially when put above jumppads or the see-through platforms
Freeze Gun [12500 Gold]
good gun for stopping enemies, “freezes and stuns” them, one of the best weapons for 1 v 1 situations.
Grenade Launcher [15000 Gold]
havent used before but seems like a useful version of hop rocket, however, it self-dmgs.
Mine Launcher [17500 Gold]
havent used or seen much
Rocket Launcher [20000 Gold]
best to use defensively as the projectile is quite slow but is a very solid choice for a 2ndary gun
Magnum [22500 Gold]
Used offensively and defensively, does massive dmg in return for a 5 second cooldown, this gun requires great precision but when used correctly can dominate
Anti-Matter Cannon [25000 Gold]
not that great of a gun compared to the price, its an expensive version of freeze, except slower
has an aoe bomb, though unlikely to catch more than 1 person in it , so might as well get a freeze cannon

Flag Post

Alright, thanks for the opinions, but like I said, please only give opinions on guns you’ve used :]

Flag Post

Uzi-Rapidfire gun,probably deadliest at close range but hard to catch faster players while they have plenty time to kill you with lnog range guns while you’re trying to chase them down.

Rapied Laucher-faster,longer range but less accurate than rocket launcher,blast radius is decent also however again rocket and grenade launchers got better one. somewhat mix of pistol and rocket launcher combining best abillties of both,very decent weapon and deadly if combined with simmilar firing speed weapon such as battle rifle,speed sap or pistol..works quite fine with flak too-tested it however then there is quite big time gap between shots..on the other hand great against evasive players. several bouncing bullets+launchers splash radius is pretty unavoidable combo,great for detecting players under effect of stealth also.

Flag Post

Wow ragefang, Uzi? Rapid Launcher? Your In-Game Name please?

Also, I’ll add premium weps later, gtg now.

Flag Post

i use grenade luncher and rocket
i think i like grenade luncher more because if used right it has the longest range and can curve to kill much better than rocket but the GL can kill yourself.

really though the anti matter cannon is good better than what i have i lost to mrmiester who only used rifle and anti mater on factory and i lost one on one

Heal gun = worthless but i could be useful in TDM

btw I think ragefang=hitler

Flag Post

no i am not wadou,do i look like a nazi?

Flag Post

pretty sure ragefang is

Flag Post

yeah right.. and you’re the son of hades?who’s going to believe it..