[Legacy of Heroes] Tempus Expansion Rollout

15 posts

Flag Post

Hello, Emergents!

• Today I wanted to outline how the first expansion, Tempus, is going to finally roll out.
  • During today’s regularly scheduled maintenance, all of the preview 2 cards will be taken out of the base packs. For one month, only base cards will be found in these packs. After that month, the first preview of volume 3 cards will be rotated in.
  • This means you will no longer find any Tempus cards in Glory, Cosmic, or Prestige packs.
  • The crafting materials found in base packs will be removed and replaced with two new, single color craft mats that will craft two new cards.
  • A new pack will be introduced, called a Tempus pack. This pack will consist of only Tempus set cards, from preview 1, preview 2, and a bunch of new, never before seen cards. This pack will be on sale for only a month. (note: This is a change from the previous set roll out plans.)
  • Tempus packs will have a single color crafting material that will drop 100% of the time from an opened pack. 5 of these crafting pieces can be exchanged in the Forge for a new Tempus Legendary card.
  • Draft packs will contain base cards and cards from the Tempus expansion pack for one month only.
  • This Friday at 1pm Pacific time (20:00 server time) we will be running our first ever release event! For 3 hours only, we will be changing the Draft system to use Tempus packs instead of Draft packs. First place in a Draft will get you 2 free Tempus packs, 2nd and 3rd will yield 1 free Tempus pack, and 4th place will award 1 free Tempus coin. So if you win a match, you win a free Tempus pack. This is a great way to celebrate the new expansion if you were already planning on buying some packs; it will be some extra fun and can get you some extra free stuff too! (You will receive your 3 Tempus crafts for your packs opened while Drafting)

We hope that this answers any questions that people might have. We understand that this might be the first time that some people have experienced cards rotating out of circulation, so there might be some confusion or frustration. As always, no card is truly gone forever, there will likely be some way in the future we introduce these cards back into the system.

Flag Post

Would it be a lot to ask, to slow down the production of new cards, and to fix the current content first before adding more possible issues.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dhemo:

Would it be a lot to ask, to slow down the production of new cards, and to fix the current content first before adding more possible issues.

But noobwhales won’t sink money into bugfixes. More cards!

Flag Post
Originally posted by carboxymoron:
Originally posted by Dhemo:

Would it be a lot to ask

But noobwhales won’t sink money into bugfixes. More cards!

Those players are one of the reasons this kind of games are free to play in the first place. They are one of the companies biggest source of revenue, since their “group” pays more than the majority of toher spenders together.

More importantly, the majority of “whales” I know in this game are some of the most knowledgeable people regarding said game and are the ones spending the money on promos to let us free players know, if they are worth it spending our precious LCs. That hardly classifies them as “noobs”, and you actually own them much more than you think.

Flag Post

So if you’re a free player, nothing in this update is for you? In fact it seems to hurt free players…

Flag Post
Originally posted by timewar:

So if you’re a free player, nothing in this update is for you? In fact it seems to hurt free players…

There are a ton of new cards in Draft packs from the Tempus expansion for the next month, which should give free players a chance at brand new, powerful cards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Felendis:

There are a ton of new cards in Draft packs from the Tempus expansion for the next month, which should give free players a chance at brand new, powerful cards.

So you’re saying I can expect more than 1 useful card out of every 10 drafts now?

Or are you saying that because they are “technically” available to all users through the semi-premium draft packs it won’t create a vast imbalance between the free and paying players even if you are giving 3 out of 4 paying players a free premium pack?

Or are you saying that since PvP is still a matter of who depletes moxie and plays PM or LDE first that it doesn’t matter?

Flag Post

Don’t forget we will get new cards in forge (although the other ones will be gone :( ), and we might get an new issue with new card drops and quest/brawl craftable cards.

This is just a heads up for the biggest change the update will get to prepare people up. These aren’t the patch notes that inform us of everything new added/changed in game.

EDIT: Hey Felendis maybe we can get Tempus packs instead of Prestige, as the MB rewards just for the next MB? Pretty please with sugar on top? :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Setirb:

Don’t forget we will get new cards in forge (although the other ones will be gone :( ), and we might get an new issue with new card drops and quest/brawl craftable cards.

This is just a heads up for the biggest change the update will get to prepare people up. These aren’t the patch notes that inform us of everything new added/changed in game.

This.

Flag Post

shouldn’t a heads up come before 2 hours til the update?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Felendis:

this. Of course, I won´t spend 100 LC for Tempus, I do not have so much money.

Flag Post

Additionally, this is hardly full release notes for the update. There will be other stuff.

Flag Post

Not sure if this is the right place to comment about it, but I really like these new cards with badge-level-specific effects. It gives a lot more incentive to level up the badges. I was just going to focus on shared skills, but if i can get my hands on some of these cards, I might have to rethink my strategy. I wonder if there are more cards than just these forge cards with that feature.

On another note, I would love to throw some money at this game if there’s another good lunchbox coming (like the helios). I was on the tail end of that and didn’t get to spend much of anything on it, but if there’s something in this game that I’ll put real money toward, it’s that.

Flag Post

drafts should be more even this time around? also im gonna ask that u guys never ever put rare packs in anything again… complete waste of LC. i wish u guys would make up for that asap because i bought 5 and got all cards i normally get in draft. i know i’m a small spender but my money is hard earned and id like it to go to better use. i wouldn’t have had a problem with rare packs if i hadn’t gotten nothing but rare packs in my batch. this swayed me away from the lunchbox and game, so i spent my money on other games instead this month

Flag Post

When will the next temptus lunchbox be available to buy i was just wondering seems how i am stalking up on my lc for it :). Please reply when you can thanks