[Runespell Saga] Winning strategies

6 posts

Flag Post

The first winning strategy is by Valmar:
I just used the following Power Cards: Ice, heal and nature (as a quick joker).

I tried to make first 6 combos as soon as possible: 1 pair, 2 pairs, Three of the kind, Straight, Flush and Full House. Four and Five of a Kind is optional – don’t focus much on these two. After I complete 4-5 combos I break the chain. That’s all.

And one good tip for all: Don’t spend more than 4 second on searching for a combo. If you can’t find any, break the chain.

Flag Post

After breaking the chain, should I just try and kill everyone ASAP or restart the chain?

Flag Post

Restart

Flag Post

Yeah, the strategy seems rather sound. Using the six lowest-damage hands to build a multiplier is one way to go about it (you get an additional Multiplier at 4 Chain, 6 Chain, 8 Chain, etc). The Power cards have pretty decent synergy as well: Ice to add more time, and Heal to keep yourself in the fight when it’s needed.

My own strategy is similar, though I consider any hand if I can reasonably make it happen (I’ll even go for Royal Flushes, preferring to finish them off with a same-color Power Card for double points — and it is definitely a decent amount of points). This means most of the time I’m matching numbers to numbers. If I can’t match numbers, I’ll go for a flush or straight then. At some point I’ll give a Horde level another serious go at it, and focus primarily on Heal/Critical when I do…but for now, stick with the guide from Valmar (WielebnyB). ;)

Also, don’t forget that levelling up improves your highscoring potential. If you can’t get that 3-star ranking now, try again later when you’re a higher level.

Flag Post

I’m curious to hear how well this strategy holds up on map 3 and 4. From my experience the game gets pretty difficult there, so I’d like to know if you can keep this up or if you have to change it around for the best scores.

Flag Post

I’ve got map 3 unlocked, so I can give it a go — just making a sweep of map 2 nodes first to unlock more stars. I noticed Valmar passed me in that, too. =P

Right now I’m still struggling to get that 1m score on the Hauntstone. 944k is the best I’ve managed; if I could finish it off in time more often I’d probably have better scores. (But it does seem rather high regardless, might need to be reduced to 750k or something.)