[BigHeadBash] Experimental changes

43 posts

Flag Post

Hello Bashers,

As you may have noticed already. The Dev Team introduced some experimental changes into the latest builds. These changes are temporary for testing purposes. Depending on performance, player feedback and other factors the Dev Team will keep it after completing the necessary tweaks or remove them entirely.

If the features are kept, then the necessarily elements in the game will be re-balanced to ensure the changes mesh well with BHB. Please be patient and let us know what you think by giving us your feedback. We’re looking for your reasons as to why you like or dislike the changes.

So if you have any comments post them in this thread as it will make it easier to keep track of them.

We look forward to hearing from you.

List of changes:
10/23
*Double HP
*Double starting Ammo

10/26
*HP 250
*Run speed tweak

Flag Post

The health boost is a tad much. I think if it was a 50% boost instead of a 100% one it might work better. hard to tell without trying. The nice thing is the increased health makes you try to go for crits more often. It is taking some getting used to.

Flag Post

I still think the new changes to the gameplay killed the game, all new changes such as menus and HUD are great but the gameplay is affected in the most negative way possible.

Still remember the aim update? From that moment I just couldn’t enjoy a round.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Volrathx:

I still think the new changes to the gameplay killed the game, all new changes such as menus and HUD are great but the gameplay is affected in the most negative way possible.

yea the hp thing totally sux
where do u see huds? i see nothing

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by B10H4Z4RDX:

HUD = Heads Up Display, the display shown during gameplay, and I think it’s improved.

Flag Post
Originally posted by B10H4Z4RDX:

HUD = Heads Up Display, the display shown during gameplay, and I think it’s improved.

oh i thought u meant a minimap lol kkk

Flag Post

I think higher health is great, health always makes a more skill based game and the ammo boost along with the health introduced new strategies such as “poking” which was not there before.

Flag Post

Its impossible to get 1HKO anymore…

Also, the slow move speed is unbearable

Flag Post

PLEASE STOP MAKING THIS GAME WORSE!!

I feel like this game has been going downhill ever since the Aim update.

-The Slow speed is AWFUL! It makes me want to quit. I play the game to run around a shoot people, not to pretend I’m in an old age home.
-The Chat is now broken.
-Dash is USELESS! Maybe it would be OK if it was allowed in the air, but having to stay on the ground to use it makes it pointless.
-Why did you remove the ability to switch teams without going back to the lobby?! Now if teams are uneven you cant fix it without losing your game stats. This makes it less likely to have even teams!
-I Don’t mind the extra health, but if its kept please make it so that players can be hit and not have my bullets spray around them (Is it clear I hate the Aim system?)
-Not sure if its related to the updates or just lag but starting about 2 updates ago I’ve been seeing issues with opponents taking no damage. Example: I shoot an opponent with the sniper, the bullet trail hits the enemy and stops as if I hit him, but he takes no damage. Ive also seen this with the SMG etc… (and no they aren’t bashing) anyone else see this?
-I much prefer a list of games instead of the new Icons, I don’t need to see Images and symbols for maps and modes. Just a list that I could maybe sort by map/mode/players. And also shows the lvls allowed without me having to get an error when trying to enter. And it would be great if we could see the players names of who is in the game without going in.

Flag Post

I do not like the double health/double ammo. It slows the pace of the game down because it takes more hits to kill someone. I’ve also found that the doubling affects some weapons more than others. It reduces the effectiveness of the shotguns and emphasizes the machine guns more. Running from one side of a large room back and forth at a slow pace is also slows down the game and is fatiguing. Maybe if you added this doubling as boosters instead of everyone having to use them, it would make it more interesting as options for gameplay and something else for those of us with mounds of tickets to spend them upon. : D A booster that allows super jumps would be cool, too. I’m not sure what you did to the move speed, but it seems really slow, even with a speed booster on. It’s not as bad in a little room, but most people like big rooms to play in. Unpleasant.

I like the dash. I have it on my space bar with jump on the w. I’ve noticed other players experimenting with it and am doing the same.

CP0

Flag Post

I know these changes are temporary, but don’t apply them to everyone, maybe add some filters like “double health but less XP”, just like in SFH.
You’re not making the best changes, I like the Beta, where the game was fast and nervous, a lot of players, accuracy was hated by most of the community, then ammo packs, and now double HP.
Maybe you should add a test version just for some of us to try, then add or not features if the testers like them or not.
BHB should have more weaps instead of updates(20 is quite a lot, but I’d like to see more), or things players suggested a long time ago(We’re still waiting for AI, maybe a co-op mode after this?)
EDIT: Add Toy Store’s music back, please :‘(.
EDIT 2: Toys are like fat zombies…
EDIT 3: Can’t change my toy, great…
EDIT 4: Not playing until next update.

Flag Post

Did you guys get supremely high and then come up with the idea for slowing the running speed? It’s terrible. I mean seriously bad with no redeeming qualities at all.

A massive part of the appeal of this game is the rapid nature of it. That no longer exists.

Flag Post

Right, its also harder to collect xp when we die. Really, really bad idea.
Also, XP should be something awarded when we kill someone, not when we collect it.

Flag Post

welcome to another crappy update, any more of this and i will start using multishot sniper, and since that skill is based on ping, its impossible to fix, just a heads up

by the way, ★☆☆☆☆ ♡

Originally posted by Olon:

Right, its also harder to collect xp when we die. Really, really bad idea.
Also, XP should be something awarded when we kill someone, not when we collect it.

Originally posted by jimmahgee:

Did you guys get supremely high and then come up with the idea for slowing the running speed? It’s terrible. I mean seriously bad with no redeeming qualities at all.

A massive part of the appeal of this game is the rapid nature of it. That no longer exists.

Originally posted by Bloo1234:

I know these changes are temporary, but don’t apply them to everyone, maybe add some filters like “double health but less XP”, just like in SFH.
You’re not making the best changes, I like the Beta, where the game was fast and nervous, a lot of players, accuracy was hated by most of the community, then ammo packs, and now double HP.
Maybe you should add a test version just for some of us to try, then add or not features if the testers like them or not.
BHB should have more weaps instead of updates(20 is quite a lot, but I’d like to see more), or things players suggested a long time ago(We’re still waiting for AI, maybe a co-op mode after this?)
EDIT: Add Toy Store’s music back, please :’(.

Originally posted by ChainedPawn0:

I do not like the double health/double ammo. It slows the pace of the game down because it takes more hits to kill someone. I’ve also found that the doubling affects some weapons more than others. It reduces the effectiveness of the shotguns and emphasizes the machine guns more. Running from one side of a large room back and forth at a slow pace is also slows down the game and is fatiguing. Maybe if you added this doubling as boosters instead of everyone having to use them, it would make it more interesting as options for gameplay and something else for those of us with mounds of tickets to spend them upon. : D A booster that allows super jumps would be cool, too. I’m not sure what you did to the move speed, but it seems really slow, even with a speed booster on. It’s not as bad in a little room, but most people like big rooms to play in. Unpleasant.

I like the dash. I have it on my space bar with jump on the w. I’ve noticed other players experimenting with it and am doing the same.

CP0

Originally posted by Ppyromann:

PLEASE STOP MAKING THIS GAME WORSE!!

I feel like this game has been going downhill ever since the Aim update.

-The Slow speed is AWFUL! It makes me want to quit. I play the game to run around a shoot people, not to pretend I’m in an old age home.
-The Chat is now broken.
-Dash is USELESS! Maybe it would be OK if it was allowed in the air, but having to stay on the ground to use it makes it pointless.
-Why did you remove the ability to switch teams without going back to the lobby?! Now if teams are uneven you cant fix it without losing your game stats. This makes it less likely to have even teams!
-I Don’t mind the extra health, but if its kept please make it so that players can be hit and not have my bullets spray around them (Is it clear I hate the Aim system?)
-Not sure if its related to the updates or just lag but starting about 2 updates ago I’ve been seeing issues with opponents taking no damage. Example: I shoot an opponent with the sniper, the bullet trail hits the enemy and stops as if I hit him, but he takes no damage. Ive also seen this with the SMG etc… (and no they aren’t bashing) anyone else see this?
-I much prefer a list of games instead of the new Icons, I don’t need to see Images and symbols for maps and modes. Just a list that I could maybe sort by map/mode/players. And also shows the lvls allowed without me having to get an error when trying to enter. And it would be great if we could see the players names of who is in the game without going in.

Flag Post

I said before that I wouldn’t quit even if this game made my computer blow up, but now I think I might quit because these updates are blowing us all up!

DO NOT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN! This is just like what Jagex did to Runescape, they changed alot of good stuff in the first versions and made it unplayable and hard to enjoy.

Flag Post

Slow moving speed is something that can KILL any game. It makes the game a utter pain to play. It’s like taking a racing game and capping the cars at 10mph. Or deciding that what would really make chocolate bars better is to remove all the chocolate from them.

I liked the game BECAUSE it was relatively fast paced. And part of the reason why I hated the experimental potato mode is it made you INCREDIBLY slow. I don’t want to spend a minute just to get to traverse the entire map.

And I never use the dash. It just seems slow to me, and doesn’t seem to have any benefit.

Flag Post

I’ve given this new slow movement speed a really good try and I still think it’s terrible. There’s a unanimous hatred of this “experimental” change and you guys have no replied or talked to us about it – what’s going on?

Flag Post

I guess the response to ‘The game goes slower with the health changes" is to make the game even SLOWER. I’m almost falling asleep with the movement speed. A game should not do that. A game should be entertaining, stimulating.

I think the players are even slower than the hot potato in that match. Which makes me wonder how slow that mode is now when you are the potato. My guess would be unable to move. Here’s a tip; when something is complained of being too slow, the answer isn’t to make everything else slower, it’s to make the slow thing faster.

Not even the movement speed booster makes the movement speed bearable.

Flag Post

Okay

Im back finally from my 3 weeks of hospitalization. (did anyone notice or remember? or does anyone remember me? =) ) For some reason, i like most of the changes, only a few things bother me

Movement speed: the new thing encourages the booster so its okay i guess but its TOO slow. Maybe the middle of this speed and the before speed?

accuracy and aim

Experimental changes are supposed to be responded to. RESPOND please!

Aim and accuracy

Hot potato is horrible (i dont get it), im not sure about climber, no chance to try it EDIT: I like Climber, but new maps and also a FFA element in it. (i.e. Your body can push other people off theyre block and you can kill other people with bullets. And two people are required to start it) Basically two types of climber: A FFA climber, and a record climber. FFA climber is my above suggestion and record Climber is the current type of climber. and Get rid of 0 points option. It’s a bug

Accuracy and aim

Double health: My old strategy was to kill others before they kill me, therefore i used high dmg, low rof weps. Now my shotgun2000 and sniper are USELESS. Now i have to use flamethrower and pepper which all rely not on skill and aim as when high dmg weps were better than high rof (aim) but brute keppe holding your mouse down, close your eyes and fire like crazy.

Accuracy and aim

Double ammo, i can appreciate

Wheres the switch team button when you press escape? i want to help losing teams but not at the expense of al my tickets and xp.

aim and accuracy

I like the idea of automatic xp. I noticed that tickets followed you less than xp. get rid of collectible xp and give collectible tickets the properties of colectible xp

aim and accuracy

I like the new game lobby and stuff, but can i have the buttons at the top back? yknow, the collection, store, play and home buttons. They were nice.

Accuracy and aim

Im still getting used to dash but its useful for two things speed increase and (defence, getaways or attack) [ will soon be on m guide]
Speed increase: roll off a platform so that the end of your dash is in midair and you will get no pause, also if you competing for that bash pack, dash at the last sec.

(defence, getaways or attack) I put them in brackets because they rely on the same thing- In dash, you are invulnerable. Attack- Usually he winner is the one who fires first. therefore dash when you guess they are about to fire, wasting their bullets and then fire your bullets.Getaway- dash away, easy. Defence- dash when they are gonna fire, simple.

Accracy an d aim

Chat is broken

Accuracy and aim

The people being immune to sniper bullets “bug” was always there. I think its lag.

BHB, why am i still playing this. There are probably lots of games that are better. CoD for example. But i have faith, please listen to what were saying. Dont ask our advice if you dont listen to it.

Flag Post

Ideas that may help this game:
1) Make the chat visible to everyone, even if in chatbox.
2) Make it so that EXP is shared, the one who deals more damage gets more of it, but tickets for the killing blow, so I’m not annoyed.
3) The running speed is terribad. Increase it.
4) Health is way too high. I have to empty a full clip on this big pyscho who jumps up and down for him to get halfway. So yeah.

Flag Post

No changes, if anything, damage changes. So you don’t spend an hour getting 50 tickets, instead you spend an hour getting 150 tickets. And take off the fucking hp, so fucking annoying spending around 45 seconds to kill a guy then 4 teammates come and kill steal.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ClatterBatter:

No changes, if anything, damage changes. So you don’t spend an hour getting 50 tickets, instead you spend an hour getting 150 tickets. And take off the fucking hp, so fucking annoying spending around 45 seconds to kill a guy then 4 teammates come and kill steal.

Wait…an hour getting 50 tickets? wut? I get 50-100 tickets in one game.

So, anyway, my thoughts on the new changes? They’re all bad. All they do is slow down the pace of the game, and the thing that makes the game enjoyable is it being fast-paced. The movement speed makes me feel like I’m crawling and makes me incredibly bored while I’m playing, the HP changes makes it so that it takes so long to kill people that it’s nearly impossible to get kill streaks, and makes me just want to go to sleep. You’re definitely going in the wrong direction, here.

Let me make this nice and bold for you The selling point of Big Head Bash is the fast pace of the game and the ability to easily jump into and out of playing whenever you want. So you need to make changes that work in favor of the fast pace, not changes that counteract it.

Also, a good point that I forgot about that YoBaby pointed out. Why on earth did you change it so that changing teams resets your score? That completely discourages players from switching teams to balance out an unbalanced game, because switching teams now means losing all your points. You don’t want to discourage your player base from doing things that make the game generally more enjoyable, now do you?

Protip: I don’t mean to be a douche here, as I do enjoy BHB and think it’s a good game, and I also feel like the dev team for BHB is one of the best I’ve encountered and one of the most responsive to player opinions and suggestions, but when 100% of your veteran player base says that what you’re doing is terrible, it’s probably a good idea to undo it. Immediately. Just rollback to the previous build.

Flag Post

Hello, the team has been listening to your concerns. We understand that some of you have expressed frustration at the latest updates. The team is listening and will do their best to address these issues. They’re going to continue tweaking the values to see to how they can improve the overall experience of BHB for old and new players alike. Also note, that while we are listening what has been said, we’re also looking at the overall data coming back from BHB in order to make the most informed decision about the changes that have been introduced.

The team will make another build this week with tweaks and changes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Spicyhorse:

Hello, the team has been listening to your concerns. We understand that some of you have expressed frustration at the latest updates. The team is listening and will do their best to address these issues. They’re going to continue tweaking the values to see to how they can improve the overall experience of BHB for old and new players alike. Also note, that while we are listening what has been said, we’re also looking at the overall data coming back from BHB in order to make the most informed decision about the changes that have been introduced.

The team will make another build this week with tweaks and changes.

Just make sure you don’t confused hard data with player opinion. Data is nice and all, but it lacks any form of experience. Sure, your data may show that certain unfavorable weapon usages have decreased, and it may show that the player base hasn’t fluctuated too much in spite of it, which would appear positive, but at the same time, most players will still play the game for a very long time, even if it’s becoming a negative experience, simply because of dedication and hoping that the game will improve. Short-term data does nothing to show the actual player attitude. I can tell you now that at least 90% of your players are less happy with the game than they were before the slow down. I understand that you want to tweak things and try to get the perfect values, but the always were already perfect before you changed them! The speed wasn’t too fast, it was great. It made the combat exciting and intuitive. The concept of the “cheap kill” that I’m guessing you’re trying to address here with the HP boost is easily fixed in other ways. I’ve already told you my view on how certain weapons could be modified to work in a more balanced scope. Do not fix what is not broken