[The Grinns Tale] Suggestions and bugs

111 posts

Flag Post

1. Make some kind of dining hall where your heroes can eat in town instead of having to eat during battle one by one(there would also be a supply cost or something)
2. Make a marketplace/trading post where you can sell all of your useless drops
3. Possibly a training area where you can increase you Grinns’ base stats.
4. bug i found (probaley just me) is when you’re doing the attack animation and you get stunned while you perform the speed attack glitch and when you get un-stunned you attack twice in rapid sucession.

Flag Post

No bug for me, but 2 more suggestions.

Lower the food limit
OK, that looks stupid, as people don’t seem to like this one. I explain myself.
Lowering the food limit to 25-30, or, better than that, something like (15+Level/3) instead of 42 will mean that every tough fight will need a resupply.
On the other hand yes, there is a counterpart, just make the food-meter to replenish automatically when back in town.
Aim of that modification ? It will make the unlogical “back to level 1 job, go level 1 tower, feed with croissant, escape, re-change job” method useless, and make the other unlogical “I can only eat when I’m fighting, not when sitting at a table” dissappear.

Make keys have a tiny chance to drop
When I say tiny, it’s tiny, not “I don’t want to spend a single pramin to open the chests”.
Something like drop rate of key = 1/5 or 1/10 of the drop rate of corresponding box.
Why such a present ? Well it’s not a present, it’s a kind of… Marketing. 2 possibilities.
1) Keys MUST be bought by pramins. For people who don’t buy pramins, or only very little, boxes only be “a feature that I don’t use”.
2) Keys can rarely be found. Those who buy a lot of pramins will only buy 80% of key-pramins, because they have 20% free keys. People who have decided to NEVER buy pramins won’t buy keys. But for the others… Well, if they sometime get a key and get wonderful stuff in, they might say “hey, those boxes are really good, and I have plenty of them, waiting for a key ! Remember me, how much does it cost ?”

It’s not exactly the same thing to read that boxes are wonderful, and to SEE that they really are. Much more motivating.

Flag Post

I’m very pleased with this game it’s awesome, but has one annoying feature like constantly feeding grinns. It woul be great to have some option that food will be auto consumed when hero got hungry. And one more suggestion it would be nice to have in game functionality to use hotkeys during battle, instead of using side scripts.

Flag Post

best solution for food is to have food have a different quantity per grade, higher heroes have more food level and spend more food per hit

e.g a lvl 1 hero will have 100 food bar and spend 1 food per hit while a level 30 hero will have 500 food limit and spend 5 food per hit and obviously a croissant will fill 100 hunger while a grinnberry pie will fill 500

fact is at high levels metal is too hard to come by and it just doesn’t make sense to feed anything but croissants regardless of switching class or not so they need to rebalance that first

also there are auto feed scripts out there to take the hastle out of feeding

Flag Post

Is there a way to permanently turn off the sound? I have to mute it every third time I open it, and it is incredibly annoying.

Flag Post

A few suggestions:

1) Make keys drop. I just blew pramins to get a key, and I was not impressed. Since I don’t buy pramins, it’s annoying.
1b) If you don’t want to make them drop, make them cheaper.
2) I agree with others about the food situation. It gets annoying to have to constantly feed grinns during battle. A chow hall would be nice.
3) Reduce the cost of some of the food items. On top of everything else I have to buy, needing to buy food, or wait hours just for 2 wheat is annoying. Make those quicker to develop.

Flag Post

I would like to see a GUI added to the ‘Rally’ option on buildings to let you set how many Grins you want to rally. Something fairly simple, with just ‘+/-1’, ‘+/-10’, ‘Max’ would be fine. Although it’s really useful already, rallying takes a very long time because you have to hit the button, wait for all the Grins to go back home and come back out, hit the button again, wait, etc. And if you want to split your 56 villagers between different buildings, like your two fields, you have to either use the rally button and accept you’re not going to get an equal split (not that big a deal, I know, but it annoys me), or drag them one by one (works at the beginning of the game, but not really an option later on). Once you set the number of Grins, the Rally button could change to a ‘Cancel’ option, and maybe show you a countdown for how many Grins have yet to rally there.

Flag Post

I second on the dropping keys. Really, getting 2 dozen of wooden boxes and half of dozen ornate boxes with no keys is just a waste. It’s bad enough that diamonds are hard to drop (harder than rubies!), we don’t need “freebies” when in reality we need to pay to open said “freebie”. Ditto on feeding the Grinns, maybe we can have an option of feeding them after a battle instead of during?

Flag Post

I also think both keys should have some chance to drop (in Grinnfinite ie), although, of course, 2nd should have much smaller chance, and be found above lvl 25. Price for them is simply ridiculous, and after I’ve tried buying them both, I’ve decided that I don’t get the value I pay.
Instead, think of this: offer the 1st key for 2 or 3 pramins. Lover the price of 2nd key, OR:
(this would be MUCH more interesting for players)
Implement direct buying of “pixie dust” on the market. I hate that, even spending the money for the key, I’m not sure if I will get the dust. So, it’s like playing lotto. No way I’ll spend my money doing that.
2nd, pixie dust SHOULD have different purpose, imho. If I want an item to be refined, I can just spam production and end up with a refined item, sooner or later. Paying for a key that will MAYBE spawn me pixie dust that will MAYBE make an item refined, simply doesn’t make it worth my money. BUT.
To implement pixie dust as an item that will MAKE unrefined items refined, or even better, that will ENHANCE the refined items even more, now that, is something I am willing to buy, and support the company (yes I know you guys have to eat, too ;). The Final item made this way should be in range of tier5 items. This way, since there is a huge gap between the t4 and t5, and many players will quit instead of waiting, they have a choice. Either to wait and grind (but spend no money), and get t5..or invest something in their savant/soldier/sneak outfits, and get some more defense (speed they already have). I really hate going upper lvls with armored t5 gear which is slow and crippled, and to give up my refined savant/soldier/sneak sets which are awesome, fast, but simply not durable enough to meet the big damage bashers. I’ve invested too much into those sets, and besides, they’re so much fun than t5.
Think about it, devs (and players). Pixie dust that can make items refined, and enchanted, IS worth 25 or 30 pramins, right? That one one the market..simply doesn’t interest me.
I also have some other suggestions, but they can wait for now, I wrote too much :)
but please think about it, it may be much more useful both for players, and the game developers, IMHO :)

Flag Post

1. Have is a blacksmith where you can turn any normal equipment into a refined one for a price or trade in two regular equipment into a refined one.
2. Should have an auto target thing for your Grinns to automatically attack monsters with a "attack the weakest/strongest/one that inflicts status effects/etc.
3. Quality button in options instead of right clicking because I also play The Grinns Tale on my mobile, but it’s extremely slow even with fast internet.

Flag Post

as to food , its ok like it is , increasing food cap on higher level characters from 42 to ,dunno , maybe 1 per level= 42+36=72 would make gameplay much more pleasant for players,just its probably bit hard to balance.

as to keys , come on ppl they are especialy designed to work on a way they are working ,there never be any free dropping keys. Maybe devs will give you some on christmass and for beating high level floors in tower and side dungeons and maybe not and thats it.

Flag Post

Another suggestion: In the bestariary tell where you can find a monster.

Flag Post
Originally posted by superred304:

Another suggestion: In the bestariary tell where you can find a monster.

I agree completely!

Also, as with everyone else, make a building in town for feeding Heros, while having a very rare chance of finding keys.

Flag Post

Move the shop button from the start combat location in battle. The number of times I accidentally bought the over-priced shock potion because I had lag…

Flag Post

No offense, but, if you’re lagging in this game… your internet sucks and you shouldnt blame the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Necrophades:

Please ask a confirmation for every kind of transaction in this game.

Seconding this. Accidentally spending Priamms doesn’t make me want to buy more to replace them, it just frustrates me and makes me want to play the game less.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ManYes71:

No offense, but, if you’re lagging in this game… your internet sucks and you shouldnt blame the game.

It’s not the connection that lags in this game, it’s all of the background textures and animation effects that are a heavy drain on the cpu. Flash isn’t exactly the most economical use of the computer’s resources. That’s why dropping quality often does a great deal to reduce lag.

Flag Post

I’m experiencing a bug where, even after building two wood storage units, and demolishing and rebuilding both, my max wood is still at 4000. It does not increase when I build a new unit, but it does decrease after I demolish one. However, it resets to 4000 after I refresh the page.

Any idea how I could fix this?

Flag Post

allow us to organize our potions
kinda sucks that my revive and shock potions are in another tab

Flag Post
Originally posted by lechat:

allow us to organize our potions
kinda sucks that my revive and shock potions are in another tab

That’s a really good idea, maybe just a “custom” tab where we can choose our favourite 6 potions or so

Flag Post

Making this item (if it cost pramin I don’t really care) where you can increase the max amount of building you can build.
Add a kind of bounty thing where you look for “rare” monsters and you get a reward for it.

Flag Post

So they already did your suggestion Superred304, powered mills and mines, the blue / red homestead, plentiful farm, etc. Enjoy.
They also took your suggestion about rare monsters and added that in, these rares spawn both in GD and at certain map locations, they are known as nemesis mobs, drop strong gear such as rogue / sardukar / zweihandar sets.

Flag Post

I would like a town hall (or perhaps the dining hall if implemented could be modified to accommodate this) so that your Grinns can hold a town meeting. This would work similar to Rally on a building, except instead of sending 10 Grinns, all of the Grinns would attend. They then would gain happiness and drop potions as if you painstakingly dragged them to chat to one another. If you wanted to balance this down for some reason (like whatever the reason is that we currently have to drag Grinns onto each other for 10 minutes) then maybe they could gain half the happiness than they normally would and drop half the potions. Personally I’d prefer to receive half the reward if it only meant clicking once and the doing it again a few hours later as I really am tired of dragging the Grinns around. Sorry if this sounds whingy, but I think it would really improve the game.

Flag Post

I second the move for a “multi-meeting” function for the townsfolk. It’s a tad tedious trying to select the individual people as they weave around in my rather crowded town and drag them over to that other townsperson who invariably hides behind a building as soon as my cursor gets there. Bump for a rare key drop too.

Flag Post

make wooden keys a rare drop, 1/2 the chance of a diamond. It will be a good market strategy that both people who pay and support this game, and those who play for free, advertize, and contribute with ideas and suggestions. I believe such things raise the number of dedicated players, and future support of this game.

Also, please make those boxes stop dropping, after a player accumulates certain amount. I am going towards 400+/100+ boxes, and seeing them drop over and over, won’t make me buy them more, in fact the effect will be exactly the opposite.

I’ve also read idea about a custom tab to organize potions for combat, which I think is a great idea.