[Vorp!] Spizzal, the Streaking Spark (Deeplight)

28 posts

Flag Post

Disclaimer I didn’t use numbers cause I was unsure how Spizzal would be accepted. If Spizzal shows enough interest, I’ll edit in numbers to complete him.

Spizzal, “the Streaking Spark Flying Spizzal

Who, or better what, is Spizzal?
Born from the aftermath of an ancient and fierce starship battle, Spizzal rose from the wreckage as the sole survivor, though everyone who had begun the battle had died. As a being who is primarily made of B! itself, Spizzal appears as a bolt of lightning wrapped around the skeleton of a previously destroyed star fighter. His body crackles with maniacal energy as he streaks through space in search for more B!

Primary stats
Max Energy: Low
Energy regen: (Inverted) actually lowers instead of increases
Damage output: Medium-High
Speed: Very High
Handling: Very High
Player vs Player Potential: High
Demolition Potential: Low
Role: Disabler, Chaser, Finisher

Special Note
Spizzal has negative regen :O!!!! He naturally degens energy. But wait! There’s more! Spizzal regains energy when he moves! Only while moving at with normal thrusters does he regen, if he afterburns he doesn’t regen or degen. You can’t stop moving with this character, not sitting still and hammering towers or batteries from one spot. You gotta keep moving or you’re gunna die.

Q: Speed/Surge/Streak
Spizzal is a being of speed and is only content while moving. While he moves he only gets faster until he can’t control himself and burst into a of energy running through enemies dealing damage.
-While moving Spizzal continues to gain speed for 4 seconds until he reaches +20% move speed. (This will be indicated by a needle on the Q icon)
-Once at full speed Spizzal may activate this ability to burst forward at 300% speed for 1.25 seconds. He may go through other ships, or buildings while doing this. He deals damage to enemies he passes through.
-After performing this ability he is reverted to 90% movespeed which returns to 100% after a second.

Spizzals main ability is a small dash that takes time to charge up and deals damage in a line of those passes through. He gains +20% movespeed from this ability thus making him a very powerful chaser. Using this against towers is akin to using shinobi iado slash in a hit and run manner.

W: Speed Drain/Speed Steal/Speed Bleed
Spizzal lashes out with a electrical whip in an attempt to create a link between him and his victim. If successful Spizzal will steal electricity directly from his prey weakening his enemies thrusters while strengthening his own speed as well as stealing a portion of the targets energy for a short time. Moving too far away breaks the link prematurely.
-Activating shoots a medium ranged line skill shot that latches onto the first target it hits. This creates a link that last a short time (5 seconds?) that breaks prematurely if the two linked ships move too far apart
-Victim loses x/y/z% movespeed while Spizzal gains a/b/c% additional movespeed
-During the duration Spizzal steals X amount of energy per second while linked.
-Can be fire at any angle, always towards the cursor.

This is Spizzal’s one disable which further increases his ability to track down one target and make sure they don’t get away. This skill would have a pretty decent cooldown since it is pretty powerful so that missing or hitting with it would separate the good Spizzals from the bad.

E: Static Spark/Static Shock/Static Blast
As a spectral being, Spizzal is able to almost be in more than one place at once. He has the ability to leave a ghostly image of himself at his current location. This spectre last until Spizzal moves too far or the ability is used again. Then at a later time Spizzal may chose to whip back after a 1 second channel appearing where he left the spectre. Upon leaving a location he emits a medium sized electrical blast dealing damage to those who were near him.
-This is a two part activating ability with a pretty decent cooldown after the second ability is used or Spizzal moves too far from the Spectre.
-When first pressed, Spizzal drops a translucent image of himself where he is currently.
-Upon second activation Spizzal channels for 1 second and then instantly teleports to where he left the spectre. When he leaves he emits a damaging blast with a medium range that deals X damage.
-Spizzal cannot move X distance away from the spectre or it will be destroyed prematurely. (very long distance) Spizzal will glow blue at first and as he moves away from the spectre he will change color until he eventually glows red which means he’s very close to breaking the spectre. Only Spizzal and his allies can see this glow.

Yes, ANOTHER mobility move. I aim to design this guy to have the highest mobility yet in the game :) So this is a pretty powerful move with several uses, including pre using before diving into chases and using it to escape, or activating it while being chased to juke your opponents. BEWARE if you are relying on this move to escape and the Spectre gets destroyed you could put yourself in a bad situation.

R: Electrical Gift/Electrical Boost/ Electrical Overcharge
As a former military ship, Spizzal knows the importance of allies and is ready to share his immense power with them by sometimes energizing their thrusters for a period of time.
-When used all allies within a large radius around Spizzal gains “Power Thrust” for x/y/z seconds
-”Power Thrust” reduces afterburner cost by 100% and removes overheat limitation. It also adds +X% max Movespeed.
-Spizzal does not get “Power Thrust”

A speed boost for allies. Pretty simple and obviously very useful.

More to edit later.

I hope you enjoyed Spizzal. Please feel free to comment and criticize.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lobstershow:

Deeplight’s ship is my favourite by far, definetly consider that one Devs!

Thanks a lot man. That means a lot to me. You are a great designer yourself and I really like a lot of your ship ideas as well. Your opinion on my ship design carries a lot of weight.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Deeplight:
Originally posted by lobstershow:

Deeplight’s ship is my favourite by far, definetly consider that one Devs!

Thanks a lot man. That means a lot to me. You are a great designer yourself and I really like a lot of your ship ideas as well. Your opinion on my ship design carries a lot of weight.

That no longer had a post to post the ships?
Anyway, I like the idea, but I think it is a bit strange the theme of regeneration.

Flag Post

Why a separate thread for ship design?

Flag Post

He really likes the ship and that thread was getting convoluted with over a hundred posts. It’d be harder to find in there than here. Nothing wrong with that.

Flag Post

Are you his spokesman?
I personally rather have it in a central place not seperate.

Flag Post

Show off =3

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lichice:

He really likes the ship and that thread was getting convoluted with over a hundred posts. It’d be harder to find in there than here. Nothing wrong with that.

Basically what lichice said, but I am willing to delete this thread if it bother you guys.’

It’s just my experience in past “champcrafting” is that everyone uses their own thread, so the thread can be directed around actual character (ship) profile. Replies can criticize and comment on the ship without getting in the way of other ships. I feel like I was crowding up the “design your ship” thread and I wanted to draw Spizzal’s attention away from the other ship so that they can get some attention.

I seriously think everyone should make their own threads with their ships in it. Lobstershow should have a thread, wayz should have a thread ect. As it is, it’s really difficult to go through that massive thread and leave feedback for ships designs that deserve it. I may just make these threads myself with individual designs if people don’t do it for themselves.

We need some organization not just for ourselves but for the devs as well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SkyDark:

That no longer had a post to post the ships?
Anyway, I like the idea, but I think it is a bit strange the theme of regeneration.

Yeah the regen theme is a little weird and isn’t necessary.

Flag Post

" Basically what lichice said, but I am willing to delete this thread if it bother you guys.’

It’s just my experience in past “champcrafting” is that everyone uses their own thread, so the thread can be directed around actual character (ship) profile. Replies can criticize and comment on the ship without getting in the way of other ships. I feel like I was crowding up the “design your ship” thread and I wanted to draw Spizzal’s attention away from the other ship so that they can get some attention.

I seriously think everyone should make their own threads with their ships in it. Lobstershow should have a thread, wayz should have a thread ect. As it is, it’s really difficult to go through that massive thread and leave feedback for ships designs that deserve it. I may just make these threads myself with individual designs if people don’t do it for themselves.

We need some organization not just for ourselves but for the devs as well."

Yes you got a point there deeplight, makes sense.

Flag Post

I can’t say anything until damage/speed drain and cool down times are given.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

I can’t say anything until damage/speed drain and cool down times are given.

Ah yeah of course balancing wise, the numbers are important, and I’ll add them when I think of ’em. But any comment on the concepts?

Flag Post

Speed/surge/streak sounds similar to the jabberwocky vorpal line except it goes through people. lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

Speed/surge/streak sounds similar to the jabberwocky vorpal line except it goes through people. lol

Haha yeah a little bit. I see it more related to Shinobi main gun my self. Sorta of a wind up power hit that has a large charge up but hits in a line.

Flag Post

Hey Deeplight i think you should put numbers in your ship now + how high regen does spizzal have when moving? cause it should be really high for a low energy ship like it (btw i think he should regen when using AB not when moving normally)

Flag Post

I find the ’ R’ ability you came up with ties in nicely with the theme of the ship and overall synergy.
Or you might change the " R" into a passive, in an area around the ship it speedboosts allies.
Kind of like a slipstream in car racing. Allies can ride youre slipstream and gain speedboosts.

Flag Post

Wayz i agree that you could do that however if that happens you should also incur a penalty in some other part of the ship because if that happened then spizzal could become a devastating support ship. Imagine this you are after a player with low life and spizzal comes along and the skill is passive, all he needs to do is to fly next to the ship and it gets away. Not to mention a player could make his whole role around this even staying a low lvl to keep it up for fast respawn.

Flag Post

Yes passive might not be such a good idea, activation with a x. duration for x.seconds and a cooldown of x. might be a better road to go.
I like the idea of a Spizzal moving alongside rescueing an ally in distress.
Not healing them but making them go faster together.

Flag Post

Well darn, I was really liking the new Passive R route, but you two have convinced me against it. Anywho… numbers and a new ship are imminent.

Flag Post

ok, so let me get this straight. fastest ship in game, with additional speed buffs, with slow, lifesteal, multi-target attack which is also escape mechanism, and speed buff for team? dont get me wrong, i love the concept and it would be lovely to play, just the balancing issue…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lewelap:

ok, so let me get this straight. fastest ship in game, with additional speed buffs, with slow, lifesteal, multi-target attack which is also escape mechanism, and speed buff for team? dont get me wrong, i love the concept and it would be lovely to play, just the balancing issue…

Yeah his speed would possibly be a very unbalancing issue. However, it really can be fixed by numbers. He would have a play style akin to Shinobi with a very hit and run assassin tactics. He probably would have very low max energy making him very easy to kill especially when slowed. The concept sounds unbalanced but the numbers could balance it. It would be just like Hirudo, ridiculously OP on paper without numbers, but he fits nicely into the game due to his numbers.

Flag Post

Deeplight put in numbers already I think everyone wants to see this ship in action.

Flag Post

Do I really need numbers? /

Flag Post

…Am I the only one who finds his first ability strangely similar to the first of Arrow Hawk?

Flag Post

This ship sounds really cool! I hope they make it!!!