[Vorp!] Infiltrator(Wayzlandz Corp Designs)

13 posts

Flag Post

Agent 999 Flying Infiltrator

*Copyrights to the artist angelitoon on Deviantart *

Pilot Profile: Agent 999 a figure steeped in mystery and suspense. The greatest spy of the Galaxy.
Agent 999 has been tasked to discover an intergalaxy plot to destroy the milky way.
The suspects are associated with the Vorp! Tournament and are expecting the famed agent to appear.
All odds are against him…those are the odds he or she likes!
Quote: “Vorped! not Stirred!”
Ship: Sleek highspeed stealth bomber like craft.
Mid/Long range, weak from upclose…low armour low energy…

Loadouts:

Q Trapdoor Missiles…two missiles appear to the sides of the craft and home in on targets.
medium range…medium damage
(somewhere in between Iron Wolf and Circe.)

W Emp Dart: a small dart which temporarily makes enemy craft or drone move erratic uncontrollable loadouts and ops are not affected.
long range…light damage…10-8-7 sec cooldown. 1-3 sec duration

E impersonate: assume the disguise of a random choosen enemy pilot and craft. excluding the name…
10 sec cooldown high energy consumption, no afterburner if afterburner/thruster is activated…the disguise falls off. if shot…the disguise falls off… if using loadout/ops same.

R High Arc: infiltrator jumps up into the sky…click on screen to let it jump back again…after 1.5 second no click on screen jumps down at random location.
8sec cooldown duration 1.5/2/2.5 distance from jumping up point 200/250/300
energy consumption mid, still targetable by homing loadouts/ops.

Ship Attributes:
Damage low/mid
Speed mid.
Turning mid.
Energy low.
Armour medium/low.
Regeneration medium/high.
Consumption high
Difficulty high

Leave a comment suggestion tips and what you got. Thanks!
(No balancing issues discussed here except about the loadouts to improve the design, or make it cooler)

Flag Post

I’ll beat Masa to the punch here.

This ship is…Well, I don’t want to call it awful, as that’s subjective, but I would never use this ship myself. You have no damage and two loadouts wasted on things that really, really don’t help as much as you think they do. Let’s go over this one by one.

The trapdoor missiles are unoriginal in design. Iron Wolf’s Packfire Rockets do the same thing. You can argue that it shoots two at a time, and this would be true and probably enough to get out of the whole “no ship has similar Q’s” argument. Second point – this is the ship’s only real means of damage. Every other ship has some means of ridiculous burst, whether it’s Nectron Overload, Alpha Cannons, Switchblades, or Proton Vorpedos. Your ship is relying on its Q to do all its real damage. This is not healthy for anything – dogfights, defense, offense, drone hunter, whatever.

The EMP dart seems incredibly difficult to implement, for one. For another, it’s not terribly useful. As a projectile, the chances of missing are definitely non-zero. Can you hit moving enemies consistently with an ANT’s Sting Missiles? Neither can I. If you can’t do that, I don’t know how you intend to hit anything with the dart. What happens after hitting? Erratic movement? That doesn’t seem to be helpful to anyone. Erratic movement would screw up ally ships’ aim. The lack of damage does not help – this is your only other damaging loadout.

Impersonate is useless. After the first attempt, you’re going to get shot as soon as the enemy team sees you’re not boosting. Even before then, if they pay any real attention they’ll notice your name and open fire. It sounds cool, but it’s completely useless in practice as it’s simple to counter.

High Arc would be cool if the Infiltrator had any damage at all. As it stands, you’re just stalling your inevitable demise in a dogfight. Random locations – or random ANYTHING – is bad, as nothing screams BS like your own loadout randomly deciding to kill you by not doing what you want. Still being able to get hit by homing loadouts and ops does not reflect terribly well on High Arc.

In short, you have a ship that’s more concerned with spectacle than substance, lacking any effective means of combat, a poor disguise ability that’s sure to get you fragged, and a jump that would be useful if the ship had any way to fight. You counterbalance all of this by giving your ship…poor energy, so it can’t take a hit OR dish one out.

You would definitely need more damage, an overall more useful W, and a new loadout to replace Impersonate. High Arc is of questionable usefulness – you would probably better be served by replacing it based on whatever you have for the W and E.

Flag Post

" This ship is…Well, I don’t want to call it awful, as that’s subjective, but I would never use this ship myself. You have no damage and two loadouts wasted on things that really, really don’t help as much as you think they do. Let’s go over this one by one."
Fair enough, its a very specialized design, to mess with the enemy with head games and to make them paranoid even off their own allies.
Kind of the fear Shino instill with the enemy, the infiltrator instills paranoia.

" The trapdoor missiles are unoriginal in design…etc"
They might seems that way, though havent really clarified how they work. Iron wolf fires three missiles which need to charge for full damage effect. They move rather erratic.
the trapdoor missiles move faster, are more suited for close and mid range fights less for long range as in IW.
They are harder to dodge in close and mid range unlike packrockets. They are MISSILES not Rockets. So their homing is improved.
Infiltrator does not need more than 1 weapon loadout in my opinion. Because…its not primarily an offensive ship rather a ambush, backstab kind of ship.

“The EMP dart seems incredibly difficult to implement” Am thinking changing it a little bit…shooting 3 darts in a spread, also more aimed at mid and close range.
Close range having the effect of triple the damage and stun. Long range has the bonus of hitting maximum of three seperate enemies.
Inducing a slight slow/erratic movement (which just means the players loses control for a short time…so the ship could just fly straight for awhile…stop dead if it was not moving…or some other thing…thats not benificial to the enemy but beneficial to the infiltrator and allied team of the infiltrator.)

" Impersonate…etc" It seems that way, however looks are deceiving as this ship design is very deceiving at first glance…That why the difficulty is quite High.
If that is not youre cup o tea…dont blame me LOL.
This is the main loadoat of the infiltrator and also hence its name…for sheer mind f.ing and ambush, backstab tactics…this ship is not meant to be good on its own..just like Dread, SS, IW and some other ships. That fill a flexible support role (most of the times). Its not Squid or even Squid like.

" The EMP dart seems incredibly difficult to implement" Maybe you have a point there that High arc needs to do damage…how much dunno…You read the explanation not right…or i clarified it not clearly (common thing with me) So….The random drop down ONLY occurs when the player of infiltrator does not point an exit point for the HighArc.
So normally a player would just point on what he sees on his screen…and infiltrator (kind of like a spider) drops down from high alltitude.
This…Ability is both extremely flexible, suprising and in many situations very benificial…
Since you can either dodge an incoming attack by HighArcing upwards…and dropping away from dangerous enemy… Or in the case of for example a damaged enemy attempting to flee…You HighArc and Dropdown near the damaged enemy that is just waiting for you to finish it off…surprising it from high above, Personally this loadoat is pretty damn OP.

Hope this gave you more insight and clarificication to my shipdesign.
Personally i like this one best of all 3.
Though i love Predatorian offcourse because of the tie in with the movie Predator, and Aliens vs Predator etc…
Thanks for youre comments and advice.

Flag Post

You overstate the usefulness of Impersonate. Ever play Team Fortress 2? The Spy’s got the best method of disguise in any game ever, perfectly copying someone. Just by looking at the Spy, you can’t tell if he’s friend or foe (unless he’s disguised as Scout, whereupon his slower move speed gives him away).

Except then everyone shoots everyone because there’s no friendly fire. The Spy’s disguise doesn’t hold and he dies ineffectually. God help you if a Pyro tags you when playing Spy.

Same deal here, except you stripped away a layer of protection in keeping the name. You’re not backstabbing anyone (assuming turrets would still fire upon you, otherwise that’s beyond broken) as you’re still easy to spot – one look at your ship and any decent player will say “Okay, watch for this guy’s name and blow up any ship with that name.” There’s no penalty for guessing wrong besides maybe wasting some loadouts’ ammo temporarily. You can’t do ANYTHING without breaking your disguise, so you can be spotted by how you’re not boosting or shooting your loadouts. Merely looking like an allied ship without being able to copy anything else is just going to get you blown the hell up without doing anything of meaning. That’s the ship’s central downfall – an overstated gimmick that doesn’t work half as well as idealized. Imagine yourself playing against your ship – would you fall for any of this stuff? How could you beat a player using this ship? If you can effortlessly stomp the guy or if you can’t scratch him with anything but the same ship, there’s an error somewhere.

A spread of darts would be interesting. Having it just lock up the player’s controls and maintain current direction and speed would work just fine compared to random erratic movement.

I read High Arc properly. I still think random anything is a dumb idea – just drop the ship down where it was if no location is specified. No need to randomly decide “WHOOPS YOU’RE TOO SLOW LET ME PLACE YOU IN FRONT OF THE FLAMETHROWER TURRET”.

You state the ship’s supposed to be an ambusher and a backstabber. The main problem with this is that if your ship doesn’t pose any threat at all through damage or crowd control, your ship is useless in those roles. Shino works because its lasers do a bunch of damage up front – if you’re low on health and their Shino’s good, you’re probably not going to make it to your depot because of its mobility and high burst. Your ship is plenty mobile with High Arc, but it’s missing the damage. No damage means no one is taking you seriously after you press W. If you can find a way to crank up the damage on your ship (maybe by ditching Impersonate – I know you love it, and I understand the appeal of a disguise ability, but in its current incarnation it’s a wasted loadout), it might be a lot scarier.

Flag Post

Somehow, instead of impersonate, having a skill that randomly copies an enemy ship loadout for a minute might be more useful than just copying the ship in appearance. I say that as copying appearance in games like this will not work in theory as opposed to FPS games like Team Fortress.

Actually, having an infiltrator-themed ship makes me think more of a saboteur. How about a trap that when planted near structures to temporarily disable them? Like plant them near turrets and they’ll go offline (but won’t remove the shield). Plant them near batteries, and it will make said structure disappear from the minimap and/or temporarily lose energy, to keep the illusion that it was destroyed (but it’s still there). It can technically force players to go to the vicinity to investigate and try to find the destroyer, and when they find they’re were duped, others can go to another battery to actually destroy it. If the core shield is below 200, it will be stuck at 1 and won’t reduce. Put them near emitters will also have the same effect sans the increase shield decay (just the disappearance of the emitter will be enough to screw people). If you plant it near the core, it will signal that the “Core shields are down”, but will not be vulnerable. Now, this is more useful IMO.

Flag Post

@ Lichice
Oh yes, I have played TF and not the " new one " Like TF 2, Lichice.
And am very good as spy, heavy, or scout :D
No the Original TF and CS 1.4 and Half Life 1 lol….oldskool ever played that? huh?

I downpowered impersonate (i dont have to be perfect from the get go), TF and Vorp! is comparing Apples and Peers…you can not compare…
Also you seem to have the general idea…the Inf…is weak…and not youre ship.
Impersonate in the " right hands" is OP.
" Wrong hands" even worse than UP.

And you dont understand High Arc… Or why i put it in…Arced it must drop out of sky…after so and so time…maybe…its better to drop back on position first high arced from.
When player does not give the loadoat any position to drop out of the sky from through HighArc.

You state the ship’s supposed to be an ambusher and a backstabber. The main problem with this is that if your ship doesn’t pose any threat at all through damage or crowd control, your ship is useless in those roles. Shino works because its lasers do a bunch of damage up front – if you’re low on health and their Shino’s good, you’re probably not going to make it to your depot because of its mobility and high burst. Your ship is plenty mobile with High Arc, but it’s missing the damage. No damage means no one is taking you seriously after you press W. If you can find a way to crank up the damage on your ship (maybe by ditching Impersonate – I know you love it, and I understand the appeal of a disguise ability, but in its current incarnation it’s a wasted loadout), it might be a lot scarier.
My ship is useless…lol
Does not pose a threat…lol
No one is taking serious….lol
Ditching Impersonate…lol

Are you a trol by any means?
It looks to me…you dont have issues with the ship but more with the creator?

(@Lichice I dont like the general condecending tone you have towards me… what alt is lichice? perhaps Skydark, Clue1 or Masa.? )

@Sirov now thats a great idea i should investigate further…really like that deceiving mind tricks you put there.
Was also just now thinking about doing shenigangs with enemy minimap.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wayzlanderz:

My ship is useless…lol
Does not pose a threat…lol
No one is taking serious….lol
Ditching Impersonate…lol

Are you a trol by any means?
It looks to me…you dont have issues with the ship but more with the creator?

(@Lichice I dont like the general condecending tone you have towards me… what alt is lichice? perhaps Skydark, Clue1 or Masa.? )

…so because I’m saying that your ship is underpowered and offering intelligent criticism in well thought-out sentences explaining in detail the rationale behind things, I’m now suddenly trying to troll you? You’re comparing me to them when my posts aren’t anything resembling them? You’re seeing a condescending tone where that was never my intent to begin with?

Good job proving Masa right about you. I’m disappointed.

Flag Post

for all i know you are like masa…anywayz…lol
i dont care just venting my own frustration or is that not allowed tsk

Flag Post

Way, you do need the ship to kinda do more damage. Perhaps make the EMP deal some?

Flag Post

Some ideas:
Emp Dart: What having all loadouts start cooldown and if any are active they are canceled? With just a slight erratic movement.

Impersonate: It would be effective vs new players like torpaz crystals. But doesn’t seem effective vs good players. I’d say let them use afterburner and have them show green to the enemy on the minimap. Also have the energy bar above the ship show full health. Being able to use enemy depot would be a perfect fit for a spy ship.

Trapdoor missile: So accurate and high speed? Can they aim around corners like Circe? What about if they target things with the lowest energy first? Instead of drone first like most things do.

Flag Post

Key got some good ideas.
Liche…why would I take suggestions of someone who clearly dislikes my ship? whats the rationale of that huh?
TAO…sigh i guess so.

Sabotage loadout: Small-size homing clone of infiltrator ship shoots forward hits closest target random explosions and shortcircuits are seen on target.
Target receives high-damage from failing weaponry and circuitry. Deals “-40%” total energy in damage.
Level 2 – homing clone target 2 more targets “-45%” total energy damage.
Level 3- homing clone target 2 extra target (total 6 targets) “-50%” total energy damage. perhaps dropdown in total energy damage per subsequent target.
So its effect is somewhat similar as particle wave OPS though more limited in the beginning, gaining strenght later on…
Also helps infiltrator in farming.

Sabotage instead of trapdoor missiles.

Flag Post

So the sabotage only weakens? Or insta kills if low health?
A percent should be off current not max. But then you would have trouble making the kill.

How about if the clone hits, all loadouts go off, but hurts itself and any allies that might be affected. For any non damage loadouts it effects the opposite team that it normally does.

Other ideas to consider for this style ship:
Friend or Foe Sabotage: Ship can be damaged by any allied ships or turrets. Also all loadouts from this ship affect allies as well. (think about hiro or oil slick or healing)

Stealth: Your ship becomes translucent, the amount depending on level and speed of ship. Also does not appear on enemy minimap if not boosting or shooting. Level 3 not moving would be invisible. Level 3 would also have a cooldown 0.5 sec longer then its duration.

Sensor Hack: Burst affecting self and all ships in range (increase with level). Ally ships see a sparkle around affected ships. Enemy’s see all affected ships to be the exact same ship of a type that is not in the game with full health.

Flag Post

Sabotage Loadout seems like a good idea, stealth and sensor hack also sound really good wayz i suggest you go with those 3 as skills I can’t say about the 4th skill cause i don’t know what to choose.