[The Grinns Tale] Rubies and Diamonds

22 posts

Flag Post

So, i´ve been playing this game for a few days, and have noticed that the rarity og these gems is really preventing me from crafting the gear that requires those, for example my adventurer has all the pieces of the sneak set, excluding the head piece, which in total requires 2 rubies and a diamond. I’m using the scrapper cap still just becouse there dont seem to be dropping any gems.
now I was wondering if there was any reliable way of getting these gems. I’ve tried farming the second boss quite a few times but to no avail (not to to the third one yet).

Flag Post

you need to farm boss more than just few times, and use pickopcket on him for better results.

Flag Post

yeah, on kongregate rubies and diamonds are too unbalanced. on facebook u have the option to gift then, on kong u can get only from bosses. it’s becames pretty common in later game on GD, when they are already pretty useless

Flag Post

When, exactly, do gems become common in GD? (I tend to go about as far as 15 reliably, but then I always run into Thunk somewhere before 25, who crushes me unless I dump several hour’s worth of heal pots on my tank to get through it… only see Thunk again on the next level…)

Flag Post

They never become common, it’s just selective memory. That and fact that once you can go deep into GD, you don’t need rubies anymore, so they stockpile giving false impression. Farming 1st boss is definitely the most efficient way at low tiers.

Flag Post

By the time you have all T5, you should be able to get pretty far in the GD. I leave the GD when I have 2 rubies or 1 diamond, and succeed almost every single time.

Although, as Seizan mentioned, farming the 1st boss is by far the fastest way to get rubies. I average a little better than 1 every 5 minutes.

Flag Post

So, I’ve just done five runs through the first boss trying to farm rubies. I’ve received 3 wooden chests and 2 ornate chests, but NO rubies! How is it that the drop rate for chests are so high and rubies are so low? I understand that rubies are rare and very sought after, but this is ridiculous!!

Flag Post

(SIGH) I feel better, sixth try got a ruby. (and other ornate chest!) Apparently, you just need to gripe about it and you get rubies…

Flag Post

u only did 5 runs. Its around 10 runs b4 you get1. WHich is not bad. I can complete a run in less than a 30 sec

Flag Post

I understand its not that many and I need to really farm. It was more a useless chest gripe then a rubies one.

Flag Post

@ddueber: What floor do you make it to, that, by that point you have 3 rubies and diamonds? If you’re really desperate, it might be worth it to craft enough potions to make it through to that floor. For me, I have only gotten really rare items (ruby, diamond, mysterious feather) from Sweeper Stu in the GD.

Flag Post

in GD, there are quite alot of bosses. All you have to do is have an adv with pickpocket during your run. Depending on luck, you can have a grand keeper/ smoker/boss on almost every level after 5.

In addition, chests SOMETIMES (very rarely though, happened only 2 times for me) drop rubies and diamonds.

There is no guarantee of rubies. Just yesterday, I had 4 rubies and 1 diamond in a single run and i was only at floor 30. Other times, i can be at floor 35 and i still have no gems.

Flag Post

Why are rubies so rare and hard to get?
And yet, they don’t have the “rare” tag that the other rare items get (you can see it in the bestiary). I wonder if there’s a mistake in the algorithm or something.

i’ve been farming the lvl 4 boss quite a bit, and got a ruby only once (the other time was from a chest). My team are all lvl 18 now, and a number of them are still wearing newbie stuff because I can’t craft better gear.

Flag Post

i think it depends on how you struggle on figthing the boss. when i was in a low level i the grand smoker was real hard to defeat but i still made it and he dropped a ruby. nowdays i only gets claws or junk that has a rare note that isnt rare at all on him. now i think my target is the grand crank.

Flag Post

I’m assuming rubies/diamonds are not labeled as ‘rare’ cause those can be gifted on FB.

I know, it sucks, since you can’t gift stuff nor visit friends’ towns (like, to get socks and the like) on Kong, it only makes for even more grinding.

Flag Post

I’d gift the heck out of diamonds if I could.

Flag Post

Rubies are not hard after a while after farming becomes easy, but diamonds still cause problem. Well, I bet no one is as lucky as me, I got 2 rubies and then 2 diamonds from the same boss, at floor 25

Flag Post

Yeah, I got one ruby from the floor 13 boss, one from a chest and then I didn’t see another for…must be about a monthe now. Then I got two rubie twice in a row from the 13th floor boss and then one rube and a giant feather from him. there’s something screwy about the odds.

Flag Post

Rubies are common from lvl 13 boss, 3 rubies- 7 runs got 3 rubies in 4 runs. Also, you farm chests and some materials and resources at floor 13, so rubies are no problem. The problem is diamond farming; floor 25 boss rarely drops it like floor 4 boss rarely drops rubies; and floor 37 boss is hard and wastes resources.

Flag Post

if you think diamonds are hard to get, try getting blue crystals. The odds are as bad as diamonds, and only the hero drops them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by earlybird92:

if you think diamonds are hard to get, try getting blue crystals. The odds are as bad as diamonds, and only the hero drops them.

Both Steamy gearheads and Thermal Spikeys drop them as rare drops, I’m pretty sure other later monsters have them as rare drops too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by earlybird92:

you’re out of date man, blue crystals are easy to get now since lots of “normal” monsters drop them in the new floors.