[Vorp!] Huff and Tuff flying Crash 'n Bash (Deeplight ship design)

28 posts

Flag Post

Huff and Tuff Flying Bash ‘n Crash

Ship Info
(Please read the following outloud in the best arnold voice you’ve got) Huff and Tuff would like to pump you up! Guns and lazers are for puny little boys. Bah! We are are Huff and Tuff, and we are crush your bones into little tiny pieces with our ship, da Bash ‘n Crash. It’s the strongest balls in the galaxy.
Okay but seriously, Bash ‘n Crash is really a pair of spherical objects, each with a ring of spike around their equators that spins. Both balls are connected by a laser chain that is inseparable but all ships and projectiles can go through it. At any given time, one of the balls will be in an “open” position while the the other will be in a “closed” position. Each brother pilots one of the balls. The “open” ball acts as the active ship, while the “closed” ship acts like a weapon akin to a metal flail. The chain that connects them is about twice the length of the SS Venture. The “closed” ship also passes through space easier like as though it were sliding on ice (if the game was set on the ground) making it easier to whip around and hit opponents with it. The “closed” ball is immune to damage (reflects all reflectable projectiles) and will not be targeted by ai. The chain that connects the balls is not rigid and bends allowing the “close” ball free movement. Only when the player activates the first or third loadout is the chain forces to extend fully.

Primary stats
Max Energy: Medium-High
Energy regen: Medium
Damage output: Medium-High
Speed: Medium
Handling: Very High
Player vs Player Potential: Medium-High
Demolition Potential: Medium-Low
Role: Displacer, Defender, Slow, Knock back, Melee

1 (Q/W): Swing
Using the might of the Gyro system the “open” ball swings the “closed” ball in a circle at an alarming rate. Pressing Q causes the spin to go clockwise while pressing W makes a counter clockwise spin. Striking enemies with the closed ball deals X/Y/Z bonus damage and knocks back enemy ships. The closed ball will complete it’s rotation no matter what even if that means going through structures and/or walls.
Huff and Tuff’s primary move sends the closed ship ball into a mighty whirl creating a force akin to a wrecking ball. While the second load out is a passive, this ability uses both Q and W for this primary ability allowing players to choose which direction the spin goes.

2: Mace o’ Pain
Passive: Not only can the “closed” ball ram into ships for massive damage, the rapidly rotating spike ring deals damage in an area around it and cripples their engines decreasing their mobility. Enemies within a very small radius of the “closed” ball take w/x/y/z damage and are slowed for a/b/c% for 2 seconds.
A passive that makes the wrecking ball more formidable by dealing damage and slowing opponents who get too close. Very useful when being chased or when trying to slow down a fleeing prey.

3 E: PUMP! YOU! UP!
By instantly increasing the power in the laser chain that connects the two balls, the chain grows double in length instantaneously. This causes the “close” ball to rocket away from the “open” ball with tremendous and destructive force. The chain keeps its extra length for 3 seconds before shrinking back to its normal length over 1 second. When the ball extends away, it deals x/y/z bonus damage and knocks enemy ships very far away.
This is the Crash ‘n Bash’s only “ranged” load out. When activated the “closed” ball is shot out away from the ship and strikes anything it runs into. It also temporarily increases the range in which you can strike targets with the “closed” ball. Activated this while using or right before using spin for tactical and surprising results. While being chased, fire this load out to knock chasing enemies away.

4 R: Have you met my brother?
On command Huff and Tuff switch jobs. The “open” ball becomes “closed” and the “closed” ball becomes “open” thus effectively switching rolls. When closing the now “closed” ball pulls in enemy nearby ships, and while opening the now “open” ball pushes enemies away. (very small radius)
By switching roles, the ship sorta makes a quick jump by switching places with the former weapon. This can be very useful for juking opponents out as they attack the now invincible closed ball where the open one use to be. Use PUMP! YOU! UP! to extend the jump distance and Spin to direct where you go.

More to edit later.

I hope you enjoyed Crash ‘n Bash. Please feel free to comment and criticize.

Flag Post

The only thing wrong that i can think of is what does Have You met my brother loadout do? because the way you describe it it could almost be a healing skill (ships switch so does health). Thats the only thing i can find wrong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by klackerer:

The only thing wrong that i can think of is what does Have You met my brother loadout do? because the way you describe it it could almost be a healing skill (ships switch so does health). Thats the only thing i can find wrong.

Naw the two balls how one health pool. The energy wouldn’t go up or down when switching.

Flag Post

okay then thats better. :D I like it it could almost be a base rape ship :D. It could hide behind walls and swing over and over again. So its cool. It is basically a siege ship with heavy dmg. High PvP potential but hard to use. Very High PvE potential. But again hard to use.
User Difficulty prob a a 4/5. But I would need the numbers before I can really say anything.

Flag Post

It kind of redefines “Bringing your balls to the battlefield”

Flag Post

okay then thats better. :D I like it it could almost be a base rape ship :D. It could hide behind walls and swing over and over again. So its cool. It is basically a siege ship with heavy dmg. High PvP potential but hard to use. Very High PvE potential. But again hard to use.
User Difficulty prob a a 4/5. But I would need the numbers before I can really say anything.

I would say the chain would be too short to do a ton of that tower smashing but it could do that for some towers. I would also say it couldn’t outrange the fire towers without using PUMP! YOU! UP!

This definitely would be a very difficult ship, but it also would be full of potential to do really well. I like to think or a trickier jabber.

Flag Post

Well considering how long the chain is and the fact that one of them is invincible swing the ball whenever a turret fires at you.

Flag Post

Well considering how long the chain is and the fact that one of them is invincible swing the ball whenever a turret fires at you.

I guess if you could time your swings perfectly you could swing ball right at the turret as it shoots at you, that could be very difficult though.

I was thinking that tower killing would be sorta like flying hiru as this ship would fly circles around a turret while spinning the ball around.

Flag Post

true i think it might be a lot like hiru. Will the ball be constantly swinging? if so then yes this is a lot like hiru.

Flag Post

true i think it might be a lot like hiru. Will the ball be constantly swinging? if so then yes this is a lot like hiru.

The ball swings in a circle when you press Q or W, otherwise it follows the “ship” ball on a chain loosely.

Flag Post

can you make the ball swing by circling?

Flag Post

The closed ball floats along the ship and gets pulled and yanked around by the chain.

Flag Post

So thats a no then which means its not like Hiru. How much energy does swinging the ball take. If you dont have a value yet it should be close to none.

Flag Post

BTW i think you should make the speed higher. This is a melee ship that is hard to use at least make it so it can runaway easily

Flag Post

So thats a no then which means its not like Hiru. How much energy does swinging the ball take. If you dont have a value yet it should be close to none.

It’s going to be very low and the cooldown will be close to nothing.

Flag Post

We need more help on this ship bring ideas please.

Flag Post

Hey Deep would you be able to use R when you are swinging cause that would be awesome

Flag Post

Hey Deep would you be able to use R when you are swinging cause that would be awesome

Yeah most definitely. That’s part of the idea

Flag Post

How would that work though? Would it cause the other one to start swinging? cause how it works is confusing

Flag Post

@Klacker, think the batman, when the batmoble shoots out the line and takes the corner really tight.

Flag Post
Originally posted by keynup:

@Klacker, think the batman, when the batmoble shoots out the line and takes the corner really tight.

I recall they did that at Mythbusters, but not physically possible.

Flag Post

I just see the akin to a jump move like Shinobis or Circe’s.

Flag Post

So my idea of this Ship is Melee ship lots of health Q/W: almost none/no energy usage E: tons of energy usage should drain around 1/5 to 1/4 of the ships energy R: Almost no energy usage to none. note with 2 slots being occupied with swing there cannot be room for mace of pain.

Flag Post

Mace is a passive so it doesn’t need the ‘w’ key.

Flag Post

So my idea of this Ship is Melee ship lots of health Q/W: almost none/no energy usage E: tons of energy usage should drain around 1/5 to 1/4 of the ships energy R: Almost no energy usage to none. note with 2 slots being occupied with swing there cannot be room for mace of pain.

Keynup was right about the mace of pain conflict with W.

1: near no cooldown, very low energy cost
2: passive
3: medium cooldown, medium-low energy cost
4: long cooldown: medium high energy cost