[Vorp!] Bugged Techs

10 posts

Flag Post

can we list techs that are bugged here? maybe would be really cool if game developer could list ones that are bugged?

From what i’ve seen, I list one.

Cooldown Reduce I seems to not work.

Flag Post

no one whats to get a good list of which don’t work? I for one like better friends and better enemies, a good game is fun and not scarey so list those broken techs dang gone it.

Flag Post

You talk funny.

Flag Post

i tested these 2 techs so far, on an Ant.
Energy cost Tech- I put 4 tech ( 2 in pincer gun, 2 in mines)
I tested the cost of the missle at level 2 ( energy cost was 75)

I leveled both the pincer and the mines to level 3, shot another missle, it reduced my energy by 75, so the tech doesnt work on Ant, for missles.

Next i tried the dmg reduce. I have 3. My test was against the front right turret witht he battery. I took off all my tech to get a baseline dmg, it’s 320 dmg to my Ant, when both projectiles hit.
I equipped my 3 tech, 1 in the ship, 1 in pincer, 1 in missle. I went back to the same turret, and it did 315 dmg, so it appears to be working, but too well, as that would be about a 1.5% decrease, with out any levels gained in ship or the missle. Next i leveled my pincer to 3, my missle to 3 and my ship to 3 ( level 9 ship) and went to the same turret, and the damage done to me was 315 again. maybe the turret ignores the tech at a point.

These were all solo matches, maybe the live game is different, but these 2 tech are either broken, not working properly or not at all.

Flag Post

i tested max speed techs next, again in solo on ant.
i have 5, so i put 2 in pincer, 2 in missle, 1 in mines.

my course was a straigt line from the right to the left in the middle of the map ( basically inbetween the two opposing sides)
i tried the course at level 1 and then again at level 9. at level 9 I upgraded pincer, missle and mines to level 3.

At level 1, with no booster/thruster the time was ~24 sec.
At level 1, with booster the time was ~17 sec.

At level 9, 3 techs upgraded to level 3, no booster- ~24sec
At level 9, with booster – ~17 sec

To Endgames:
Speed techs must work, ive had a very hard time running from certain ships in the past that should be slower than me. Is there something special in the SOLO map that causes a nil result from the techs?

Flag Post

Afaik at least 1 type of tech works for sure, that would be max energy +18 and max atom cargo +15, both singleplayer and MP

All other techs I don’t even know if they work at all.

Flag Post

Energy reduction Tech does work. I tested it again. my 4 active energy cost reduction tech reduced my cost of level 2 missle to 72 energy (from 75 energy)

Energy + does work ( the +18 energy). There is no multiplier on the tech, that must be a rumor, missinformation or just a change from an earlier build.

Flag Post

Hmm, what changed between your first test and second test? Why did it work once but not the second time?

I did some testing the other day, did AB Boost and Cooldown. Found that AB boost tech didn’t have effect (at least in solo mode) – times were same with and without.

Cooldown was odd; it seemed to work for Undo’s main gun (Q) reducing the time between shots appropriately. However, it didn’t seem to work on any of the other loadouts which was odd. I repeated the test in two solo sessions and my time was consistent… not sure what was going on there but can someone else confirm?

Flag Post

tested CD on Circe Doom Sphere. the skill counter recharges correctly and faster but if u try to use the skill again immediately after recharges the bolt doesnt fire, while the skill counter restart as the bolt was fired. The sphere is relased corectly only after few moments (which clearly indicates that the tech is useless).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bobafeet:

tested CD on Circe Doom Sphere. the skill counter recharges correctly and faster but if u try to use the skill again immediately after recharges the bolt doesnt fire, while the skill counter restart as the bolt was fired. The sphere is relased corectly only after few moments (which clearly indicates that the tech is useless).

This is probably the reason of the ANT’s warping ability not working as expected.