[Monsters' Den Chronicles] Question thread (Hopefully garin will respond)

8 posts

Flag Post

MythicalB3ast from Sfd here and I’m wondering, Garin when will the 4th installment of the brilliant Monsters Den series come?

Flag Post

Not for a long time yet, sorry. I have some other projects I’m working on before then.

Flag Post

Well, could we have some new classes for chronicles? Like necromancers or paladins? illusionists even!

Flag Post

Hey i have been a fan of this series of games since the original monsters den came out and there has been one question that I’ve always wanted to ask you. Do you see any multiplayer elements being in any of the monsters den genre in the future? I mean im not saying like making it into an MMO or anything like that but things like maybe a PvP arena or something like that.

Flag Post

(After i got no reply, i figured he is making new classes, maybe…)

Originally posted by Jozan:

Hey i have been a fan of this series of games since the original monsters den came out and there has been one question that I’ve always wanted to ask you. Do you see any multiplayer elements being in any of the monsters den genre in the future? I mean im not saying like making it into an MMO or anything like that but things like maybe a PvP arena or something like that.

I highly doubt it, but… it could… *waits for garin to respond

Flag Post

I don’t know about new classes. The skill system is getting a lot more in-depth than it was in Chronicles, but that necessarily means adding more classes is a lot more work.

I have considered some sort of multiplayer support, but if it’s competitive it really requires the combat system be balanced around it, which is tricky. Up til now the balance between players and monsters has been quite asymmetrical. Players have high damage and low HP, with monsters the reverse. If it’s co-operative, I’m still not sure how that would work outside of battle. So adding multiplayer is a technical issue but it’s also a serious design challenge.

Flag Post

OK thanks for answering my question. I was just always curious. Great games can’t wait for the next one.

Flag Post

“I don’t know about new classes. The skill system is getting a lot more in-depth than it was in Chronicles, but that necessarily means adding more classes is a lot more work.

I have considered some sort of multiplayer support, but if it’s competitive it really requires the combat system be balanced around it, which is tricky. Up til now the balance between players and monsters has been quite asymmetrical. Players have high damage and low HP, with monsters the reverse. If it’s co-operative, I’m still not sure how that would work outside of battle. So adding multiplayer is a technical issue but it’s also a serious design challenge."
AAh, health/damage asymmetry.