[Skyshard Heroes] [Dev] Thursday patch

11 posts

Flag Post

On Thursday we plan to release a patch that will allow players to Reinforce buildings, which adds armor in 5 different levels. This will use a Build task just like another building’s upgrade task.

1) 5 Armor, Citadel 4
2) 10 Armor, Citadel 5
3) 15 Armor, Citadel 6
4) 25 Armor, Citadel 7
5) 35 Armor, Citadel 8

We also plan on releasing the proposed Conquest Store rewards shortly. It will contain at least one Mercenary Contract and possibly some Forge components.

Flag Post

Sounds great!

Flag Post

it’s good to know that the game is evolving, thank you.

I hope there will be updates that will stimulate active gameplay, guild management and ranks, rewards based on activity and guild loyalty.

The current CR system encourage passivity and you have to stand still if you want to get rewards. So basically we have to build a set-up, sit on it, then wait for season to be over. (our guild have been super active in the past month, but we get penalized for it since we don’t get CR when things move to much)

Also, alts are a problem, we can’t attack the agency otherwise they send alts… it forces us to stall and stop progressing as well.

but hey, i don’t mean to complain! It’s just my opinion : D

have a nice day!

Flag Post

omg that sounds great you guys are doing an epic job with this game i love it just gota ask would it be possible to add more builder units or what are they called cos building only one building for 2 or more days is a little well truth be told annoying now i know and understand there are a lot of other things to do besides upgrading but in most other similer games like this they allow you to upgrade more buildings at a time i know it may unbalance the game as it is to allow this but my suggestion to that would be to get to be able to upgrade one other building IF you are currently upgrading anything for 1day or more btw i play this game 24/7 so does my little sister on here just saying i would like that and ofc i love this game and you guys are doing an epic job :) have a nice day!

Flag Post
Originally posted by phirephace:

it’s good to know that the game is evolving, thank you.

I hope there will be updates that will stimulate active gameplay, guild management and ranks, rewards based on activity and guild loyalty.

The current CR system encourage passivity and you have to stand still if you want to get rewards. So basically we have to build a set-up, sit on it, then wait for season to be over. (our guild have been super active in the past month, but we get penalized for it since we don’t get CR when things move to much)

Also, alts are a problem, we can’t attack the agency otherwise they send alts… it forces us to stall and stop progressing as well.

but hey, i don’t mean to complain! It’s just my opinion : D

have a nice day!

I heartily agree with this. I would propose something like this;
Bastion: 1000 points/6h
Guilds: 400 points/6h
Forts: 200 points/6h
Tiles: 40 points/6h
And each successful tile capture is worth 1 point.

This would allow guilds to choose the passive or active route; either choosing to sit on the most important tiles and defend them with their lives until season end OR choose to be a warlike nomad guild, constantly moving around the map attacking/abandoning tiles as they go accumulating heaps of one points. A full 20 member guild spending a max of 10 attacks a hour (starting 7 attacks with war banner 4 plus 3 regenerated attacks) is 200 attacks a hour. A guild could ultimately earn 200 points in one hour constantly attacking tiles nonstop. If we go 6 hours (first 10+5x3=25) then we get 500 attacks in 6 hours, or 500 points.
I think this point system would work better and encourage more warring as opposed to sit idly on key tiles.

Now regarding the patch itself; I don’t particularly like it. The armor should be applied to hero damage only, units should still do full damage.

Flag Post

@phireface & manaco:

I agree with encouraging active gameplay, but Manaco, you went a bit too far on the sitting-and-doing-nothing option. Take off a 0 from the first options and we’re good. Actually, lemme just re-write it in a way that would seem better to me.

• For every 6 hours, a guild should get:
    Bastion: 10 points x Level of the tile.
    Guilds: 6 points x Level.
    Forts: 4 points x Level.
    Tiles: 2 points x Level.
  • For a moving guild, they should get the following amount of points for each tile taken:
    Bastion: 4 points x Level.
    Guilds: 3 points x Level.
    Forts: 2 points x Level.
    Tiles: 1 point x Level.
    For a same tile/fort/guild/bastion that is taken, a guild can only get the bonus once per 6 hours. This avoids things like passing lands back and forth between alts, but encourages maximum movement of all guilds.

This system would hence encourage active gameplay instead of stagnation.

As for Thursday’s update, @syn, here’s a better idea:
Allow adding armor to a building at the same time as upgrading another one. I really disagree with stalling all our upgrading just to add armor to ONE building, unless it’s really fast, but I doubt that. I see you and your “8 days to get to level 5” coming a mile away. Do that and you’ll be unable to walk for the next month from the pain in your a$$. >.> Also, it should add -# damage to troops and -% damage to heroes.
Just saying. c: Keep up the good work.

@torment6: PLEASE, OH PLEASE, use punctuation for the sake of comprehension. That’s one of the longest run-on sentences I’ve ever seen (I’ve seen longer). Please, commas and points exist for a reason. Thanks. You have a valid point though.

Flag Post

LOL sowwy , im lazy but yes ill try and do that . :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by AleXinoS:

I like this idea. But as for active gameplay, there isn’t enough content to enjoy this game anymore. I been playing for a month, and any body who’s been playing in beta controls this game. You can’t compete with players who limit there xp grinding in pvp and have uber strong defensive buildings, you can’t conquest when someone who has lvl 10 hero insta-stun you with razo and abilities, you can’t farm resources when 35% of your resources are taken away from you, so the only thing to do in this game is wait til you get protection and grind AI for hours until you can make a build towards earning lvl 10 hero and units, unless you can compete with others, there’s no point of playing. This is how people will be active, if this game was more balanced. I shouldn’t be penalized for flying in levels just to compete with players who been playing weeks ahead of me. That’s whats ruining pvp. And for the high lvl problem, “stun” should not work on hero units." And, to limit player(s) from trying to occupying 1 tile and FAILING, there should be a limit or handicap added for every time a tile has been defended. Examples are like, a guild can’t defend this specific tile more than three times every hour, a player can only defend a tile 20 times in one day, every time a player defends (handicap), -5 total mana deducted every 24h, or unable to use relics after xx amount of defending. etc. etc. etc.
Also, something to do when you have no attacks would be great… Like activity’s that depending on your score, you gain a specific resource.

Flag Post

Who is razo, why is he so good and how do you get him? I saw posts about him 30 times now and really want to know.

Flag Post

Razo is not a Person, its a thing. A weapon to be exact, and he is a ice sword capable of summoning a Blizzard to stun and damage targets in a Specific Area. Thats why he is so good and Overpowered.

The second is, you have to BUY him, with skystones and Cash. he is not bought with honor.

Flag Post

yes and RAZO is overpowerd. takes out my 6500 health hero with one hit. i think i know when i’m beaten and time to quit! even those that have razo admit it is overpowered and yet developers chose to ignore the signs that razo is killing the game.