[Skyshard Heroes] [Dev] Reinforcement update

8 posts

Flag Post

You can now reinforce Buildings, increasing their armor! The Citadel reinforcement also gains an extra bonus: damage reduction against Hero attacks! This should help reduce the effectiveness of Hero rushes.

We have also pushed a change to the rival list that removes the restriction based on level and instead shows players with +-1 level of Citadel. This should remove the disincentive to level (and thus, to attack!) which should make it easier to farm, build up resources, and grow!

Flag Post

Sigh unfortunately you can not reinforce and building and be already upgrading a building at the same time… Another Update for late game players I probably wont be using this anytime soon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

You can now reinforce Buildings…

We are also planning a change to the rivals list soon that will remove the restriction based on level and instead show players with +-1 level of Citadel. This should remove the disincentive to level (and thus, to attack!) which should make it easier to farm, build up resources, and grow!

In this current situation, reinforcing buildings basically means attacking cities is more difficult. I have no idea how this will play out in the future, because this update is new. I personally would of loved to benefit from a armor enhanced city back when i started playing, so I’m glad that others will enjoy this. Alex did ask if adding armor to a building shouldn’t cost your only building que available, but I’d rather it does, be a little OP if ppl can upgrade a building and increase the armor / defense of there citadel at the same time.

As for the new rival list change, i believe its a improvement to the current system. I mean, in my shoes, I’m already in the gutter. I started one month ago, lvl 49, lvl 6 cit (soon lvl 7), and lvl 5 defensive buildings. I focused on a offensive build so I could successfully conquest and have a offensive lead compared to all the other players who started same time as me. But that wasn’t (and still won’t) be the case, I’ll be matched up with players who are weeks ahead of me, changing the citadel lvl won’t fix the issue, I rarely seen someone 2 citadel lvls lower/higher than me IN ALL MY TIME playing this game via Rival list. So what will change? Maybe I could attack players who got lvl 5 citadel, 20 lvl’s lower than me and still got a lvl 5 hall of heroes / training grounds? Then that means there going to be the ones getting destroyed by higher lvls. I’ll be honest, i do not think this rival change will make a difference. I believe 2 things should occur. For every daily log in, adds up and players will be matched by the days they have played, so people who are more active will have a slight advantage to others who aren’t. Or, this would be easier, is add a point system depending on what lvl buildings people have, and depending on what there overall points are for there city, match that with players in there rival list. This means it would be impossible to have a person with 2 lvls higher buildings than every building you got fight you, because he’s too high. Thing’s need to be balanced, thanks :).

Flag Post
Originally posted by iPee:

Sigh unfortunately you can not reinforce and building and be already upgrading a building at the same time… Another Update for late game players I probably wont be using this anytime soon.

Not even. It just gets worse late-game. Syn didn’t want to listen to me when I told him to allow both at once; instead, he reduced it to 3 levels and capped at 1 day. .

Originally posted by SourFoe:

I disagree. Upgrading Citadel to max armor takes 1 days and 11 hours. That doesn’t really make anything OP if you can do this and upgrade another building at the same time. It just gets annoying.

As for the 2nd part, it simply adds more people to your list, and makes sure they are nearly as good as or a bit better than you. It’s a good thing since I barely had 3 available rivals per day.

Flag Post

reinforcement is for top level players that already has everything upgraded so this don’t affect them as it does us. seems all the late updates are for them high level players…even so, razo is killing this game. i’m close to quitting

Flag Post
Originally posted by WhiteLionKing:

reinforcement is for top level players that already has everything upgraded so this don’t affect them as it does us. seems all the late updates are for them high level players…even so, razo is killing this game. i’m close to quitting

Don’t be so ignorant. A top player in ANY game will have an extra advantage when an update like this happens. You know if YOU actually played the game and stopped complaining about every update, like what the minorities do, you wouldn’t have this problem.

If you quit, good luck in the future. If you don’t, man up and play the game.

Flag Post

Btw, lower levels can take more advantage from this system since they can make their base near-invinsible to other lower levels. :P

Flag Post

OMG so much complaining lololol ether way love the game love the update LOVE THE RIVET ARMOR lol .
ty DEVs : )