[Vorp!] Please give people incentive to play defensively (like Iron Wolf)

15 posts

Flag Post

There’s no incentive to play iron wolf as a defensive ship, even though it’s AMAZING at it. An iron wolf will sit there, kill drones, pop bubbles, heal a few people, but mostly defend turrets. Many times, they will totally change a losing match to a winning one for their strong ability to defend.

So what do they get for their efforts? 6-10 B!.

They’re not healing people much except early game unless they’re attacking.

They’re not defending structures.

So, despite doing an amaaaazing job and winning the game for us by defending super well, they get jack.

Please give people incentive to play wolf defensively by giving them a crapload of B!.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I agree with what you are saying. I think however the reason for this should also be commented upon. A defensive player cannot play in a supportive positiion if their team is also not playing in a manner which supports this. If everyone is playing Rambo is it really fair to leave this type of playyer back dealing with the enslaught of the complete opposing team? no, its not fair and its not a fun game to play. When the happens, it when they say screw you and they start playing how they want, even if their ship isnt good at that task.

Flag Post

The do already, but only if they help land kills. Maybe achievements that recognized when you save something/someone would be nice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kiech:

The do already, but only if they help land kills. Maybe achievements that recognized when you save something/someone would be nice.

They have added bonuses when you kill somebody near your core/turret/battery.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darth_Sirov:

Yeah, 1B…

I agree, I’ve often been annoyed at getting 20B for defending a whole match despite, saving the team I’d be playing on where no one cares about defense.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pwnednoobs:
Originally posted by Darth_Sirov:

Yeah, 1B…

I agree, I’ve often been annoyed at getting 20B for defending a whole match despite, saving the team I’d be playing on where no one cares about defense.

They can improve on that, but if they gave too much, everybody will go to defense mode. Probably making it 2-3B! is still reasonable.

Flag Post

Well, the venture never used to be able to get much bang.
But now not only do we now get B from healing, with the scoring a good SS can usually get a medal.

Flag Post

killing drones? that does not warrent bang, also if you defending well that means you get kills. And kills means bang so…..

Flag Post

Maybe an achievement for killing a player next to an allied pilot, and that ally has less than 20% energy?

Flag Post
Originally posted by miner43:

Maybe an achievement for killing a player next to an allied pilot, and that ally has less than 20% energy?

They have already that, I think it’s called Hitman, but it’s just proximity, not the current energy of allied pilot.

Flag Post

Its called Hit Squad. But maybe have one that gives an extra Bang if the ally was low energy.

Flag Post

The IW being my first ship I picked and one that I have come to enjoy, I do agree with this. I still play the game because it’s fun to tank it up and deny the Rambos in the game with a pop of the R or to clear a massive wave that somehow built up with 2 fully maxed Es. However the lack of B! as a result of doing what amounts to game-altering plays does make me feel somewhat unappreciated.

I would like to see more rewards for defensive play as well, but I’m currently having trouble expanding upon the ideas of other players already. The only thing I could imagine right off besides a low energy factor would be the defensive equivalent of a killing spree, where you prevent a turret or battery or something from being destroyed multiple times in a row (would have probably a 20 second timer after damage stops to ‘ensure’ that it was actually defended and the attacker actually left. Unless there’s an easy way to determine if an enemy has left the area, which would work too).

Flag Post

1 idea for defending would be for the score/bang for making a kill near a structure to accumulate. ie 1B for the 1st, 2B for the 2nd, 3B for the 3rd, etc. And the score goes up the same way.

Flag Post

IMO, it’s simple.

Easy version:

Iron wolf shields also heals structures.

The drastic version:

Iron Wolf shields doesn’t heal players, it heals structures.