[Skyshard Heroes] Hacker in our Heroes.

6 posts

Flag Post

Synapticon and Rudgutter

Ill get straight to the point, One of our Agency members, Superman699 Was hacked by an Unknown person and has contacted us through one of his alts. This has forced us agency members to Kick him in the future for fear of losing the guild by some douchbag hacker.

This is distressing because we fear our Security and accounts might be violated and destroyed by some Troll who can’t play the damn game fairly.

So maybe its time to up the security on the servers, Seriously. Nobody likes a Hacker.

Flag Post

Someone get’s hacked, that’s there fault, not the developers. I played on dozens of MMO’s and most recently in last year, hundreds of flash games on Kongregate. In my experience playing, if somebody get’s there account hacked, they gave out there username and password to someone and lost there account in the process. People do this so 2 people can grind one account and gain a advantage, while others try to earn p2p content, macroing software, etc by different means through anonymous software that ends up giving them a virus and stealing there shit. I have never heard of a story where someone gets hacked without doing this kind of thing…
Long story short, Synapticon doesn’t have to deal with this and the owner of Superman699 has to contact Kongregate to recover his account. Ranks will be added into a guild, so leader swap’s won’t be necessary and disbanding a guild won’t occur unless the leader says so. But as of now, be careful of whom is promoted to leader.

Flag Post

Long story short, you know nothing about security. Never head about breachs in server side ? It’s the easier way. And don’t get started about Kong servers, they only serve as a frontend, you actually play on Synapticon servers.

Besides, Synapticon has a long history with Tyrant about handling security very poorly. You could get cards in multiple units where it was restricted to one, if even paying for them, see others players cards, even speak in guild chat you aren’t part of while masquerading as someone else.

Of course, the account owner could also been hacked . This is not something to dismiss.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Armymonger187:

Synapticon and Rudgutter

Ill get straight to the point, One of our Agency members, Superman699 Was hacked by an Unknown person and has contacted us through one of his alts. This has forced us agency members to Kick him in the future for fear of losing the guild by some douchbag hacker.

This is distressing because we fear our Security and accounts might be violated and destroyed by some Troll who can’t play the damn game fairly.

So maybe its time to up the security on the servers, Seriously. Nobody likes a Hacker.

He needs to contact Kong.

Flag Post

well, Now I feel stupid. hehe.

Flag Post
Originally posted by popovk:

Long story short, you know nothing about security. Never head about breachs in server side ? It’s the easier way.

As any good Computer Scientist knows, the most vulnerable part of any computer system is the user. Sorry, you’re wrong on this point.
It’s not to say that breaches in the server don’t happen (I mean, even IEEE accidentally logged their users passwords in plaintext >.<), it’s just that it’s much more probable that Superman lost his account either through having a bad password or through giving it away (i.e. not Syn’s fault).