[The Grinns Tale] Having a hard time finding rubies

8 posts

Flag Post

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time finding enough rubies to upgrade their equipment? A lot of the hats seem to need rubies and the only monster that I have seen drop rubies is the Grand Smoker whom I have to keep killing over and over to get a ruby maybe 1 in 10 times. Anybody have any other ways?

Thanks

Flag Post

That’s the best way. Kill the Grand Smoker with an Adventurer with the pickpocket ability. It’s a grind.

Flag Post

Rubies are dropped from all (?) Notorious, Grand and Grander monsters. There are plenty of them in Grinnfinite Dungeon. This way is little less convenient but brings much more fun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by victorzenin:

Rubies are dropped from all (?) Notorious, Grand and Grander monsters. There are plenty of them in Grinnfinite Dungeon. This way is little less convenient but brings much more fun.

I don’t know about you, but I get tired of repeating Grinnfinite Dungeon, after a while. It’s a tedious process… especially considering that a full 5-10 minute (or more) run doesn’t guarantee that you will get a ruby. Keep in mind that this rare item is required to craft low-level equipment.. yes, LOW-level equipment. I even bought a few rubies for Pramins, because I really wanted to craft some refined headgear. I guess the developers would tell me it’s working as intended :p

I didn’t mind spending a few pramins on them, but none of the headgears I crafted turned out to be refined, so the pramins were wasted :(

Flag Post

I just tried GD 1-15 to see how many drop and had 4 rubies in 10 runs without even using pickpocket.

Flag Post

I did some runs to test ruby drops for 4 and 13.

20 runs Floor 4: 2 rubies
20 runs Floor 13: 4 rubies.

Btw, do NOT waste gems trying to craft refined gear before you hit T5. If the gear is normal, just use that and invest resources in upgrading.

Flag Post

Me too. Didn’t test; but not a rare marked item, but dropping like a rare.

Flag Post

I believe the “rare” mark indicates that it is a rare drop from a NORMAL monster. Hence diamonds and rubies, which can only be gotten from bosses/notorious, are not marked rare.