[The Grinns Tale] disconnection issue

27 posts

Flag Post

you REAAAALY need to make the game more tolerant of tiny disconnections for people like me, who don’t have a perfectly stable internet connection.

In your game, I can’t even get through 8 rooms in a row reliably, as even the slightest inconsistency in my modem signal disconnects me from your server!

Instead of forcing refresh of the entire game for every micro-second long disconnection, how about you make the game actually try to see if it can reconnect, maybe after a single second or so?

That would make your game playable.

Flag Post

it’s not your connection, Alden. This is a Nexon game… let me put it this way. I live in the Chattanooga TN area, so I can get the world’s fastest residential high speed internet from EBP Fiberoptics. Seriously, my connection is wide-open all the time, 60 mbps per second (if you’re not familiar, internet is considered “high-speed” past about 5 mbps, like most low-end DSL services… so my connection is twelve times faster than “high-speed”) and I still get disconnected every few minutes.

This would be a relatively good game if it were playable, though. I’m having trouble just making it through Tower Floor 3, four rooms is a beast to get through in a single go, even with one just being loot and run.

EDIT: New record, I hadn’t even started the game yet and got disconnected, it popped up under the ad for new tier 6 equipment.

Flag Post

I know that it is my connection causing these disconnects, as this house has power fluctuations that disrupt the modem’s signal, for very brief periods of time, mostly for split seconds.

I’m really just saying that they should fix the game’s operation so you aren’t forced to refresh the whole game every time that happens, and let you continue your fight in the explore areas if that’s where you are… Having to refresh every time makes you have to restart whatever floor you were on at the time…

It also seems that after every disconnect, I am also having to set my characters’ attack skills again to what I want them to be… the other skills seem to stay set to what they should… This makes the disconnects 10 times more annoying than they are by themselves!

Flag Post

Well, in that case, you need special power extension with surge regulator. Better yet, plug that power extension to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) unit. These should help you in eliminate the fluctuation.

Flag Post

I stand corrected… Now I’m not in the house with power fluctuations, and instead at the library with a stable connection… and am still getting the rediculous disconnects… not as many, but still several in an hour!

Flag Post

Yeah well, When I play the game inside my unversity using the unversity 5MBps connection, i will get disconnected every 5 minutes sharp. My guess is that your ISP must have been messing with connection to an online game. Some ISP have been known to do this, and at least one have been caught and sued by customers. It could also be that your library is messing with your connection alike my university.

Flag Post

No I think it is the game it self there are other players that are getting disconnected from the game server every minute to five minutes. I have put several reports in but no response on it.

Flag Post

With so many people having the issues, it seems very unprofessional of this company to ignore this.

Flag Post

i has been disconnected for every 1-5 minute when ever i go to battle . developer need to have offline backup and just reconnect it back without need to refresh the page . it was a good game but too bad to have this small problem that cant be fix .

Flag Post

This is ridiculous.. constant DC, I’m lucky to beat 1 level let alone equip my heroes. what ever the issue is needs to be fix fast, or no ones gonna play anymore.

Flag Post

I quote AldenRogers:
“Instead of forcing refresh of the entire game for every micro-second long disconnection, how about you make the game actually try to see if it can reconnect, maybe after a single second or so?

That would make your game playable."

Can’t play refreshing page every 5 minutes… now doesn’t even loads up explore section with level selection…

Flag Post

is there any time frame when this issue will be fixed????

Flag Post

It’s impossible for me to get past floor 20 of the tower, and even floor 4 of the highland falls areas, with these disconnects.

Flag Post

It has only worked one time without crashing in the past week. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Flag Post

the disconnections are mainly around 12 midnight PST, plus or minus 1 or 2 hours. Just stay away from those times and the server is generally stable.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RedeemedWahrior:

the disconnections are mainly around 12 midnight PST, plus or minus 1 or 2 hours. Just stay away from those times and the server is generally stable.

so not true.
the “generally stable server” disconnects all round the clock. i have not made a successful GD run in two weeks because of this. and now i am done.
one star rating, removed from favourites. bye bye. enjoy your turkey legs…

Flag Post

Again a crash server ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by zinthala:
Originally posted by RedeemedWahrior:

so not true.
the “generally stable server” disconnects all round the clock. i have not made a successful GD run in two weeks because of this. and now i am done.
one star rating, removed from favourites. bye bye. enjoy your turkey legs…

It seems to be a problem on your end/isp/area, because the game runs perfectly fine for me at other times in the day.

alternatively you may be triggering some bug/glitch/abuse that the server detects and autoboots you for. I’ve found a few of these:
-Hitting next room/replay floor/ready for battle too fast in certain patterns unsyncs your client and the server, so your client thinks u’re in one room when the server believes u’re in the other, and the server boots you.
-Having multiple clients open.. if you’re logged in at multiple places/windows/tabs, server boots you.

Flag Post

Though sometimes, and pretty much often, it happens to everyone who is at least in the chatroom. Like at the time of my last message, and right now, again.

Flag Post

at the time of your last message WAS 12 midnight PST. not sure about 7 hours ago though since i’m never on at that time.

Flag Post

Total of the day, 4 times disconnected (by disconnected, i mean : the whole or half the chatroom at least got logged off). So I guess that all of these arent maintenance ^^ Got also logged off by clicking too fast on the arrow (to next room), but I already knew about this bug

Flag Post

As a test, I started using google chrome instead of my standard firefox browser… And with Chrome, I do not get disconnects! I do, however, start to get a very slow game after a few battles instead, while in the explore areas! (FPS goes to about 6!)

This is the only game on kongregate that I’ve ever had issues disconnecting from the server randomly, so there is something in YOUR programming that firefox really doesn’t like, and will be accepted, grudgingly, by chrome)

Flag Post

I have a bad connection but was able to play with few disconnects until about a week ago

Flag Post

I have seen a few disconnects with chrome now. It’s not terrible like it was on firefox, but it’s still not good for your servers to disconnect people, especially with a play area that doesn’t save your winnings until you move out of that area… always wondering if the game is going to mess up, and cheat you out of what you’ve gained.

Flag Post

I have the same issue at my university library. At home I never get disconnects, only in this library, which actually has excellent connectivity. I wish Kongregate would address this.