[Vorp!] How to level up.

11 posts

Flag Post

Ok, hello everyone I’m Saruleon, a Circe player since the day I set eyes on it.

I’ve been playing Vorp since before Vorpaz and all those other cool new ships. I’m commander lvl 13, with a W/L and KD ratio of 0.5 xd My games are generally good now, with at least 1000 points and at least 2 kill death ratio, but I was horrible at the beggining.

There’s only one problem now… How do I level up at the beggining of a game? I very often find myself in situations where still lvl 1 me is facing all lvl 4 or 5 enemies. It’s because my missiles don’t do much damage at the beggining, and I can’t choose my targets. Every missile goes on another drone and I don’t kill anybody. Even if I’m constantly on the battlefield, I can’t do anything until I reach lvl 2, by when most other players outlevel me by at least 3 levels.

I need help.

Flag Post

Oh, and I’d just like to add that I don’t really want the Missile OP. I’d like to keep my Hipercool and Deport.

Flag Post

You are talking about the Iron Wolf then? Basically you need to be extremely watchful for any atoms that appear and grab em quick. Your missiles do not randomly target, they are supposed to hit the nearest target to you. Your best bet is to get close to the drones so they will be targeted first.

Flag Post

Whoops. Didn’t say anywhere that I play Circe. And as Circe is quite slow, and it’s missiles get power with range, it’s a really bad idea to jump in the center of the battlefield, in close combat at early levels.

Flag Post

Saruleon, my general advice is this; hold onto your bolts until there is a drone nearby. If there is, let them go. It will be slow leveling, but it won’t be quite as bad as it might be.

Let your first upgrade be Omen Sphere, and then Ghost Field, as after that you can target turrets and players for more EXP, as well as melee drones to get crystals.

Flag Post

Also, just stay near the turrets to start and let your bolts find any target. Don’t go out into the battle to try and grab crystals or anything. Just being near a some elses kill gets you a bit of xp.

Flag Post

Okay, thanks. I usually catch up to my enemies by lvl 5-6 btw :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Saruleon:

Oh, and I’d just like to add that I don’t really want the Missile OP. I’d like to keep my Hipercool and Deport.

That’s the same problem I’m facing. That DroneHunter OP often kills enemy Drones before they come over the barrier, leaving ATOMs out of reach. But you only get team exp, when you let your teammembers scratch the Drone once before it dies.

Flag Post

Woah! Thank you so much! I played a few games, with my new tactics, and I don’t seem to have that problem anymore! The thing is, I stack my bolts and fire them all at once once there’s a suitable target. Before, I just fired them as soon as they recharged. I had more than 2000 score on both of those games, thank you so much!

Flag Post

Use Drone hunters on the big drones

Flag Post

Not so simple than just using on big drones. Let them come to you, out of enemy areas. you want the atoms to help with ur leveling. Some people actually shoot drone hunter when their behind the shield. So no atoms. Darth_Sirov mentioned this