[Vorp!] Little Rant

19 posts

Flag Post

Let me start off by saying this game is horrifically UNBALANCED because of overpowered ships, under powered ships, and worst of all the biggest garbage of a matchmaking system I have ever seen humanity make.

First and foremost do not tell me " OH ALL SHIPS ARE OVERPOWERED IT THE WAY YOU PLAY THEM :D"

That is a literally THE DUMBEST THING I’VE EVER HEARD.

Case : I’m mainly an iron wolf/ angel fire player. Once every while when say a Hirudo is free to play, I give it a try and I completely dominate with that ship. I have NEVER played Hirudo in my life and the second I picked it up , I dominated.

ALL COMPARISON IS ASSUMING THE SKILL LEVEL OF THE SHIP PLAYERS ARE THE SAME OR ALMOST THE SAME.

Overpowered ship:
HIRUDO : This thing is the absolute bane of my existence and the developers REFUSES to fix it.
This ship is capable of draining 1/2 of your energy in seconds and using that to feed it’s own energy supply. While this is happening, you are trying to shoot and kill it which drains your energy EVEN faster leading to your death. Even if you did manage to get the upper hand, this little thing can switch on the invisibility switch and completely run away unscathed.

Something like this is absolutely unacceptable.
I have played most ship against it and I always lose unless I manage to get a big level advantage on it which is hard.

Iron Wolf vs HIRUDO:
The hirudo would most likely win every encounter unless the wolf has a big 3+ level advantage. Wolf’s rockets have a hard time hitting the hirudo when the little bastard is running circles around you. The alpha cannon can be dodged easily by swerving with the hirudo because your turn rate is screwed by it’s attack. Spamming the rocket and alpha cannons drains 1/3 of your health in seconds and add on the hirudo’s dmg factor and you got a dead iron wolf. Even when you are spamming the heck out of the weapons, you’ll only do 1/3 the energy of a hirudo before you die and that is if the guy didn’t decide to flip on the invincibility. The Claws is also absolutely useless vs the hirudo because of how ridiculously easy it is to avoid. You can drop the shield but it will only heal you so much and it gives time for the hirudo to charge up invincibility again.This is absolutely stupid how one ship has such a ridiculous advantage over another.

Every single time I get into a fight with a hirudo, I immediately run away and I don’t even bother unless I have a big lvl advantage over it.

Hirudo vs venture:
I’m not even gonna bother, we all know hirudo would straight out win.

Hirudo vs Circe :
the circle can spam it’s attack and shoot the omen sphere but once again the hirudo can easily RUN AWAY or flip the invincibility switch and absorbs everything. Like the iron wolf the only chance the Circe has is to have a big lvl advantage or just run away which is easy for Circe to do.

Hirudo vs Ant:
HAHAHAHA good luck hitting the thing circling around you with your bullets and rockets. Not only that but your turn rate is being screwed by the hirudo and you might as well teleport out than to fight it.

Hirudo vs Undol
The undol has a very good overcharge and time flux combo which can kill a ship very fast but guess what, INVINCIBILITY :D

Using it against hirudo is suicide because using the combo alone costs you 1/3 of your energy and it does absolutely nothing. You can try and use the overcharge first and trick the hirudo into using invincibility then use flux to stop hirudo’s movement but unlike most ships, hirudo attack is not a projectile that flux can stop so while you are blowing 1/3 of your life trying to trick the hirudo and spamming your gatling gun, the hirudo can kill you very easily. You can use future drive against hirudo while it being fluxed to add a good 1/4 dmg but it drains even more of your energy and leave you with NO ESCAPE.

Now all of that is assuming you can trick a hirudo player into wasting an invincibility.

Hirudo vs Dreadnaught:
You can circle around the dreadnaught without it ever hitting you with the BFG or nuke. The slow turn effect of hirudo makes dreadnaught completely helpless. Sure it can trigger the mines but the mines are easily dodged. I have charged at dreadnaught so many times and I have rarely been deterred by the mines. NOT ONLY THAT BUT HIRUDO CAN TRIGGER INVINCIBILITY AND RUN RIGHT THROUGH THE MINES.

Hirudo vs Torpaz : Hirudo can just dodge the tornado, and slow turn rate makes hitting hirudo with shard impossible. The torpaz can drop mines but once again INVINCIBILITY :D Running away with the torpaz is almost impossible because you have no abilities that will help you escape.

Hirudo vs Jabba :
jabba is a bit harder target for hirudo but can still be easily beat. When jabba charge at hirudo unleashing everything, INVINCIBILITY
then the jabba is helpless because it needs to recharge it’s loadout. Your magnetized blades are the only chance to hitting hirudo after your initial charge and you just have to pray for a miracle that you can escape. Your only chance of escape is vorpal line but that loadout takes FOREVER to recharge.

Hirudo vs Clanknor :
Hitting hirudo with your shotgun which does the most dmg is incredibly difficult because your turn rate is screwed. You are also a BIG BIG target and hirudo does not have to go as near you as other ships. All clank can do is drop the wall and run away.

Hirudo vs Turbo Hawk :
The turbo hawk is very good at doing big amounts of damage in a small amount of time but has a bad damage over time. Like the undol which can do big dmg the hirudo can trigger INVINCIBILITY and just screw the turbo hawk. The only chance the hawk has is to hope that it’s switchblade can kill the hirudo before having to cool down but good luck with that. Once the switchblade is gone , you are helpless and all you can do is boost away and hope you can kill the hirudo next time you encounter it.

FINALLY TO CONCLUDE MY RANT THE ONLY AND I MEAN THE ONLY RELIABLE COUNTER TO HIRUDO

ANGEL FIRE VS HIRUDO
You may be going WHAT?!?!! but turns out this is the ONLY reliable counter to the hirudo. This is because of the angel fire’s ventilation ability.
When you vent the hirudo , it massively slows down the hirudo allowing you to kite and out range the hirudo with your flame thrower.
Even if the hirudo manages to get close to you without taking serious damage and kill you , you still have one last chance to blow up the hirudo.
Angel Fire can self destruct out right killing the hirudo. The angel fire’s trail blazer ability also help you put some distance between you and the hirudo.

WOW THE ONLY RELIABLE COUNTER TO A HIRUDO IS THE MOST HATED AND THE WORST SHIP IN THE GAME.

Flag Post

Hirudo vs xxgg: Sure xxgg has a good area of effect combo on hirudo but it costs a lot of energy and once again INVINCIBILITY>><< Once you used your combo, you can still try and spam the storm of horror but that will only kill you faster, hitting the hirudo with your main attack is hard when your turn rate is screwed and OMGGGGGGGGGGGG WHEN WILL THEY FIGURE IT OUT THIS THING IS OVERPOWERED

Flag Post

I agree with most of this. But Lose the caps, please. My eyes hurt and you’re not really making a good impression on people reading this, I nearly quit half-way through.

Flag Post

caps are to emphasize the bs ness

Flag Post

My experience facing off against Hirudo is vastly different than yours.

Flag Post

A few things.

Iron Wolf – Use those turrets, they are supremely annoying to Hirudo who has to stay close to deal damage.

Clankor – Drop your turret and move away from it. Hirudo is going to have to choose a target to lifesteal on while getting hit by both of your loadouts. Oh, also use the wall. Hirudo hates getting around walls.

Circe – Circe can usaully fend off a Hirudo pretty well. Using Ghost Field, it can do pretty heavy and immediate burst, forcing the Hirudo to run away if it wasn’t using it’s shield ability. Otherwise, it can just shoot outside of range, raining down bolts on the Hirudo which cannot get close to it. If it does manage to get close, Circe is a master at running away, and most likely, the Hirudo will not get the kill.

Xxggghhr – Run away when it’s invincible, and then use the skulls to lifesteal when the invincibly clock’s off. Xxggghhr’s lifesteal is much more powerful than Hirudo’s is, especially with it’s other damaging moves in addition. In fact, I’d say Xxggghhr is Hirudo’s counter, if you use it right. Then again, I’m not the best at Xxggghhr, I’m only okay.

Flag Post

CLaWs do so little damage to everything, even when maxed, that relying on them to do much more than slightly hinder a player is foolishness.

Best bet with a Hirudo is to run to a friend and fight it 2v1. More damage to the Hirudo that way, more than it can heal even if it hits both of you.

Flag Post

I agree the Xx skulls beat Hirudo. I was being chased back to the depot once as Xx with maxed skull by a Hirudo and he killed himself on my skulls. It surprised the hell out of him and me.

Flag Post

Well, it’s just you master because I beat it pretty easily.

Flag Post

sheesh 1. Hiru is one of the SLOWEST ships in the game it has to use afterburners to get to the speed of the fast ships. This creates a constant drain on the hirudos energy that you can take advantage of 2. Thrustbleed (rotational slowing skill) is almost worthless therefore most hirudo players get is LAST 3. When Hirudo uses invincibility RUN idiots the biggest mistake there run run run when hirudo uses invincibility insulator has very long cool down therefore run when they use it they wont be able to use it again for around a minute then come back and kill the hirudo. 4. In the begining of game try to kill the hirudo as much as possible. ATOMs are really important for a hirudo therefore you can prevent them from having any impact in the game by denying them it. 5. NEVER EVER try to group a hirudo he will be able to kill at least 2 (out of 3) people attacking him or it will cause everyone to run. 6. Use lingering attacks like storm of horrors(squid) or mines (dread) these cause the most trouble for hirudos I have been killed many times on the dread’s mines or squids storm. It is very possible to force a hirudo to run with these skills. Do not say that the hirudo is OP because any ship is OP if given to a master.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lichice:

CLaWs do so little damage to everything, even when maxed, that relying on them to do much more than slightly hinder a player is foolishness.

Best bet with a Hirudo is to run to a friend and fight it 2v1. More damage to the Hirudo that way, more than it can heal even if it hits both of you.

Yeah, that’s always been the danger with claws. You should really only spec with them when necessary. But they DO annoy Hirudo’s quite a bit.

Flag Post

give angel fire to a master and what do you get? a dead terrorist

Flag Post

Hirudo is slow and doesn’t have the best health its also hard to lv him up in the beginning of the match when people are hitting 3 and 4 you are hitting 2 maybe 3, cause Hirudo can’t really fight off people since of his low hp he has to pick off drones for a while. I play Hirudo and most of the time when im lossing and i try to run away its sad cause even with boost they are going faster then me and as you call it the INVINCIBILITY shield only last a few seconds.

Flag Post

For such a little rant, huge post…

Anyway, Hirudo is very hard to beat but can be managed. The buff in damage does appear a bit too much IMO, that insoulnator is now able to work its magic.

T.Hawk is actually good against Hirudo, while it has insoulnator, Hawk has Ro-skid. Prevent it from moving a lot, and it can’t drain much. I slowed down hirudo so much that it had to run away most of the time.

Also Klack, Hirudo’s got average speed, it’s not the slowest. Most ships are at 140 × 1.6 speed, and Hirudo’s got that. And I’m sure insoulnator’s CD is not a minute (I know you’re just trying to prove a point), I believe its 30/24/18 secs. While it seems long, Thrusterbleed makes it harder for you to hit it while it can wait you out to use insoulnator.

Flag Post

Ahaha Dred V Hirudo…and you pick Hirudo! No way, true VS a dread the slow dread is at a disadvantage but the fact is that a skilled Dread can BFG even a hirudo and one of those will bring it down 1/3 if not a 1/2 life, add 1 of 7 mines and BOOM! dead Hirudo. Not to mention a sneak nuke or even a random minefield can clean house. Hirudos ARE annoying and playing one is easy compared to the others but it has a LOT of drawbacks and it is SUPER easy to kill. If anything, complain about ants!

Flag Post

Hiru’s not that hard to kill, god.

most hiru players don’t even get thrustbleed until level 11 or so. (I generally get it at 5, and a few others do, but I"ve noticed most get thrustbleed at 11)

if the hiru is circling you, GET OUT OF IT’S RANGE. Hiru is a CQC unit, range is it’s disadvantage.
and, if you do get thrustbled, Rotate the goddamn opposite direction that the hiru is circling you, you’ll scor emore hits than you expect.

Plus the fact hiru is relatively slow, wait for him to get low health, and chase his ass.

Flag Post

I agree with miner. I play as the hirudo and I notice that in the early game, you are really lvl(drone) dependent. Without lvls, its really hard to start harassing everyone. That’s why I hate going against a dread in the early game when he is sniping me with nukes and BFG. But give a hirudo lots of farm and it will take down a dread late game. Mines are hard to dodge but when you get the hang of it dodging them by staying incredible close the the dread, you will do some serious damage. Shadow circuit is quite damaging as well as the neutron overcharge. Due to these two abilities, lots of ppl just run away when I start harassing them. They don’t seem t o want to fight me. Unless they are an angel fire. Actually, hirudo late game can become semi-tanky due to its 3000 or so max health. Also, the afterburner cost on the hirudo is actually quite low, or so it seems.

http://vorp.endgames.net/stats/player/34633#/show=playerstats
I am just showing that hirudo can kill quite effectively, just go to the link above and you will see that 11-0 score.That’s pretty good. But hirudo has one big disadvantage. Early game and its poor ability to take down turrets unless they have max thrustbleed. I still love my hirudo even though I lose most of my matches. Especially since I got several decent scores on it ( 4100,3000, 3600). Yeah.

Even though I’m not sure how you really upgrade a hirudo, I go 2,1,2,1,5,3,2,5,3,5,4,4,3,4. Not sure if this is a good build but I have to say that it has worked for me.

Please revise my build if there are any comments that you want to make. I would appreciate some advice.

Flag Post

@Darth: Hiru is one of the slower ships now with more ships becoming faster. And for the Ro-skid, i will usually use insulator immediately after i hit it, as well as activate everything i have, making it not really a good technique, it just slows me down.
@panda I upgrade hiru 2,5,2,1,2,1,5,5,3,3,3,4,4,4. This is good for eventual soloing I rarely die late game with this and pretty much nothing can destroy me (dread’s mines are getting quite annoying).
Yes I agree with all the ones saying that hirudo isn’t OP because it isn’t just because you aren’t skilled enough to go against a hirudo

Flag Post
Originally posted by klackerer:

@Darth: Hiru is one of the slower ships now with more ships becoming faster. And for the Ro-skid, i will usually use insulator immediately after i hit it, as well as activate everything i have, making it not really a good technique, it just slows me down.
@panda I upgrade hiru 2,5,2,1,2,1,5,5,3,3,3,4,4,4. This is good for eventual soloing I rarely die late game with this and pretty much nothing can destroy me (dread’s mines are getting quite annoying).
Yes I agree with all the ones saying that hirudo isn’t OP because it isn’t just because you aren’t skilled enough to go against a hirudo

Well, I usually expect an Insoulnator if a Hirudo is slowed… though as you have called it out, a slow Hirudo can’t do much. Just preventing it from damaging you is enough to bother Hirudo.

Though that’s the thing about Hirudo, at late game, it’s quite tanky enough to actually not even need Insoulnator unless it’s being pressed on hard.