[Miscrits] Taking 3 plat not 1 for training. temporarily then corrects.

12 posts

Flag Post

See Below*** Problem appears to be a temporary display bug only as far as I can tell after seeing further occurrences.* It appears that after a battle the correct plat amount is shown again*

The update states extra trainings should be 1 plat now and indeed it lists as that in the training screen but it is showing that it takes 3 plat from us when we do it.

I have leveled and used this a bunch thinking it was only costing me 1 plat before Famine pointed it out to me. So I tested when my Chickasaw leveled and sure enough my plat dropped from 470 to 467.

Flag Post

I also used the bug report Kong feature to submit this as a bug and included screenshots to assist in finding the issue. I hope it is of help.

Flag Post

Another user pointed out that after a battle they got 2 of the 3 plat back…I tried and indeed I did as well. This looks promising however there are still some unknowns.

I have not tried with multiple trainings on crits between battles though. for example buying levels with plat and extra trains each time with no battle between, 2nd example not known extra training multiple crits before going to battle again. I will try to test shortly.

Flag Post

Okay I tested both the scenarios above. In each case I tried it displayed the improper amounts until a battle, after which the display was corrected to the proper amount as it should have been. Seems in my tests anyways that this is merely a display bug and does not truly affect our spent plat amounts in the long run.

Flag Post

Thank you for pointing this out! Please be aware that it will continue to charge the 3 plat until we fix it and we will post here when it is fixed. We’ll try to take care of lost plat, but we have to ask for your patience as it is now Thanksgiving vacation. We’ll try to get this all taken care of ASAP.

Flag Post

Its not actually taking the plat permanently so no plat should have to be reimbursed to anyone. Upon reviewing the problem a few of us users found it says it takes 3 plat at first but it does correct after a battle. So it really just ends up being a temporary bug in the display of how much plat it took. So really its just a matter of fixing the display to avoid questions and confusion over it. The fact that no extra plat is truly consumed should make it easier on fixing the issues because it only requires the fix and should not entail any refunds of plat.

Hope this helps you as you look into the fix. :D

Thanks for your monitoring of the boards and quick attention to our issues.

Flag Post

I lost my 3 plat earlier today thinking i would use my 11 plat to make one of my crits have a little edge… it took 3 opposed to 1 and im still waiting for my plat, although it is good to hear others have the same problems…

Flag Post

Hi everyone,

Actually Spydyr is right but not entirelly. I thought same way as you but it only works if you refresh the page right after you finised the training. If you do that, then the correct ammount of plats appear ( with 2 more per crit trained then before the refresh ). However, if you do not refresh before going on with the next session of training ( not for a different crit but same crit at a new lvl ), then you won’t get back the 2 plats/train from the previous trainings.
Maybe I am wrong but I noticed this after I saw how my plats vanished by training some crits after the update.

Good luck in fixing this and prolly in returning the plats that been lost.

Thank you for your time

Flag Post

Hmm that is strange Titirica. I actually tested in a double-training on a single crit without a refresh or battle in between. The numbers were as follows. wonder what the difference in our usage was.

1. Start 466 plat
2. Training cost (Plat purchased leveling) -11 plat / new displayed total 455 / what total should be 455
3. purchase extra point -1 plat / new displayed total 452/ what total should be 454
4. purchased another training level -11 plat/ new displayed total 441/ what total should be 443
5. purchased extra point -1 plat/ new displayed total 438/ what total should be 442

(So far I have leveled twice no refresh or battle in between and I display I am 4 plat off. This is 2 plat off for each training)

6.Battle! starting displayed plat before battle 438/ after the battle 442

So in this case it appears the total 4 plat was reimbursed.

Flag Post

Please bear with me. I actually enjoy trying to figure out these kind of issues. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I am sometimes an odd duck. This is all conjecture based on what I see happening in only limited tests and I am sure the coders will be able to look at this in much more thorough fashion. There is quite possibly more cases involved than what I have below but in the interest of fun looking into the possible puzzle…Obviously I am likely missing at least one part of the puzzle as its been noted above that there are people reporting plat loss on multiple trainings of a single crit somehow that this would not entirely explain.

It really appeared to me at first that the behavior was from there being a separate storage place for the value displayed and the actual plat value. The displayed value is stored perhaps in a variable for our case lets say (A) and the actual value is held perhaps in a database or a separate variable (B). It appears the code reloads/refreshes/verifies A by checking B when it refreshes/battles/perhaps some other cases. This is probably because code was written to not have to hit a larger scope variable or hit a database constantly for the display thus slowing performance.

Perhaps when the code was updated to reduce the cost of training purchase, it was changed so that it subtracted 1 from the B variable/DBase instead of subtracting 3. However the change also needed to be made to the code that modified the display amount A, otherwise it would display incorrectly until it did the battle/refresh/other case that made it reload/verify A again by checking B. It appears possible that this second location of code was not changed and still was subtracting 3 from A. Thus making the display variable off by 2 until it did its verification/reload process.

If this was true, during these cases B (the true plat amount) would always be correct, however A would get off by 2 per training until it was overwritten/corrected by the code that is checking/reloading it from B. This seems to be exactly the behavior I have seen during any test I have done. Of course this is all just conjecture based on the program behavior, but would be a common issue to run into during programming when dealing with multiple storage locations of a value for whatever purpose.

Heh , I am probably wrong or missing something there, but that is my lil’ theory anyway. I will let the more qualified actually actually address the issue for us. Anyways keep the information coming if you witness this please so I can continue my little conjecture game and the devs get as much info as possible on what we are seeing so they can fix it fully.

Flag Post

Yes, I checked last day too and it works as you said, also, the mechanism, normally, should be as you described it, yet, I am pretty sure that I am not crazy and right after the update it took the 3 plats and not just one. Oh well,j I also accept the idea that I might start losing my mind ;)

Flag Post

Thanks everyone for the patience and testing. Everything is actually working fine, but it definitely is appearing broken. We are only charging 1 plat to advance train, but it “appears” like we are taking more plat. We missed something that updated your plat value. Thankfully, it was only in appearance and upon refresh or continued play it is always fixed. An update should go live here shortly with the visual fix. Thanks!