[Vorp!] Heard the devs stopped supporting the game

57 posts

Flag Post

The intro video is no longer available because the youtube account was closed.

Anyone else think that the mods stopped supporting the game?

Flag Post

That’s their main Youtube account, there isn’t a Vorp specific one. The website is still up, and even more than that, they are still answering getsatisfaction threads, which means, though they are focusing on other projects, they still like the game quite a bit =).

Flag Post

They stopped supporting the game over Thanksgiving because it’s Thanksgiving. They’re a small collection of people doing a big job.

Flag Post

let’s be fair here. The dev’s stopped supporting the game about a month ago. This isn’t ‘speculation’ – there’s been absolutely no communication and no active changes in game in about as long. What’s a dev’s incentive to push a game that has 30-40 active users at any given time when other games are supporting 300+ concurrent users, and other MOBA’s (ie – LoL) are supporting 10k active concurrent users.

Given that GetSatisfaction is a global account (for all games), it’s in END Game’s best interest to appear responsive there in case potential users of other games go to the forum and see lots of complaints not being addressed.

Sorry guys. :( I love the game, it was a great one! But alas..

Flag Post

Regardless, it’s our job to get that concurrent users number up.

Flag Post

A month?

You’re prone to exaggerations a bit, aren’t you?

Last ship rotation:
Nov 12th

They moved to a new server in Sept 22nd.

They haven’t had any “bug fixes” or “balancing” done but how many bugs have been reported? As for balancing, that’s always a pain. The question they have to ask themselves is whether or not a ship is “balanced” but people have gotten really good at it OR if a ship was really imbalanced to begin with and THAT’S why people are really good at it.

Then they decide how much to change the value by. How much does a 4pt change matter for damage, regeneration, etc.

Flag Post

Anyways guys, I did want to say I’m thinking about doing a little competition next week. I’ll also be trying to see if I can stick it in the main Kong forums (don’t know if I can, but we’ll see) to get a little popularity. Basically, it’d be a K/D and Overall Kill Count competition, where the goal is to get the highest K/D, Kill Count, and Score you can in a match. We’d then give out awards for top for each ship, and also top overall… though I’m not sure what we can give other than a handshake.

Would you guys be up for something like that?

Thanks!
-TAO

Flag Post
Originally posted by duemellon:

A month?

You’re prone to exaggerations a bit, aren’t you?

Last ship rotation:
Nov 12th

They moved to a new server in Sept 22nd.

They haven’t had any “bug fixes” or “balancing” done but how many bugs have been reported? As for balancing, that’s always a pain. The question they have to ask themselves is whether or not a ship is “balanced” but people have gotten really good at it OR if a ship was really imbalanced to begin with and THAT’S why people are really good at it.

Then they decide how much to change the value by. How much does a 4pt change matter for damage, regeneration, etc.

Also, there is a glitch for cooldown techs and also for the ability ghost field, I think.

Flag Post

IF Vorp were to get badges…….

We need badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by miner43:

IF Vorp were to get badges…….

We need badges.

This. We oughta try and figure out how to do some major suggesting, if at all possible, as well as other types of promotions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TAO_Arecibo:

Anyways guys, I did want to say I’m thinking about doing a little competition next week. I’ll also be trying to see if I can stick it in the main Kong forums (don’t know if I can, but we’ll see) to get a little popularity. Basically, it’d be a K/D and Overall Kill Count competition, where the goal is to get the highest K/D, Kill Count, and Score you can in a match. We’d then give out awards for top for each ship, and also top overall… though I’m not sure what we can give other than a handshake.

Would you guys be up for something like that?

Thanks!
-TAO

That would be nice… but let’s put more emphasis on highest kills on a ship type. Then everybody would at least branch out and learn them. Post a screenshot of your best K/D plays.

Flag Post

I could maybe talk with raw and see if we can get some badges, but I don’t promise anything.

Flag Post

@ rick. Can you at least let us know what it would take to get badges?

Flag Post

Getting badges on Kong is a business development issue. One sure way of getting badges is to pay. Given the state of the game and the wildly unbalanced user base, my guess is that END Games wouldn’t want to shell out the money (i wouldn’t).

Other times, getting badges are done because the early beta shows “healthy numbers”. I don’t know what the numbers are, but it seems pretty obvious that there are issues..

I think it’s safe to say that if there were going to be badges, it would have happened while the game had “momentum”. The momentum seems to have passed.

Now, that doesn’t mean it can’t happen (i WANT it to happen).

Flag Post

Well, having badges would mean that we’ll get a constant supply of people here, even if they’re just there until they get the badges.

Flag Post

spower i think on the issue of momentum, I think you arent entirely correct. I have seen many games come up as new, and i would give them a try. 6 months later Kongregate would then post badges to the game that i had already played quite a bit. I think you get the initial momentum of the first post, then a renewed interest whenever (if ever) they post badges or badge of the day etc…Maybe by the time the badges get done, the game may be more honed and may actually hang onto more people. Just my opinion, but i have seen this many times over the years!

Flag Post

dangit… they so stopped development and support that they went and uploaded some upgrades yesterday.

Don’t ya hate it when you get all panicky and lose perspective that they are people (humans) too with vacations, priorities, and things and they just turn around and keep supporting/edit/developing the game anyway?

Well, I don’t know that feeling because there was no need to assume and/or panic…
and through the course of said “panic” be passive aggressive.

Now this post? It’s not passive aggressive, it’s openly aggressive and sarcastic.

Flag Post

The real problem is that the devs don’t even take 5 min a week to keep us informed of what they’re plans are.
I’m not even talking about rotation or updates, but even a “We’ve all family plans and holidays, so we won’t be doing anything for 2 weeks” would’ve kept some of the players from leaving.

Flag Post

yeah, cause i am sure you do that in your job right?

Flag Post

Mammel,

Remember, this might not be (probably isn’t) their day job on top of that. This could be 4-5 ppl who decided “let’s to do this” & now they’re debating how to go about this.

Keynup,

if you think ppl left because the game went without an update for 2 weeks those ppl might’ve been a bit easy to panic. Imjustsayin.

Flag Post
Originally posted by duemellon:

Mammel,

Remember, this might not be (probably isn’t) their day job on top of that. This could be 4-5 ppl who decided “let’s to do this” & now they’re debating how to go about this.

Keynup,

if you think ppl left because the game went without an update for 2 weeks those ppl might’ve been a bit easy to panic. Imjustsayin.

This is likely the answer to the situation. They are a real studio with employees. Vorp is most likely not profitable right now, so their efforts have to be focused on their other projects that are doing well. From the Kongregate survey we can infer that they DO want to keep working and improve on it. Vorp is not their only game and they have to pay the bills.

Flag Post

I am certain of the fact that these developer are doing this as a side job, thats usually how this good stuff happens. For people to expect developers to give them ongoing updates as to when they are away on vacation is rediculous. People should just chill out, enjoy the game..the updates will come. If you want updates every 5 minutes, go find some game made by Adobe…they love updating.

Flag Post

12 people in the chat room Tuesday 8:15pm MST… Definitely needs some kind of promotion or advertisement.

Flag Post

devs still working look at website in upcoming stuff. they working on grunts of your pilot when you die lol

Flag Post

They’re probably preparing for the release of their flagship game so all the developers and programmers are focused on that.

cough next month cough

http://www.endgames.net/games/squadwars#.UL7Zh2eTJK0

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1065318294/squad-wars

As DOTA was initially unpopular and was picked up in further versions and eventually LoL, Vorp can pretty much do the same.