[Vorp!] turret idea

14 posts

Flag Post

I think a tower that fired exploding rounds (similar to Torpaz) would make sense. Area effect defensive tower is somethiing that seems to be missing Sort of like the flack guns in WW2. Perahps your can add a second swivelling head of flack launchers to teh flame turrets, as they really seem to be missing a little punch.

Flag Post

That sounds like a nice idea, perhaps for missile turrets too?

Flag Post

Maybe even add turrets or other defences directly to emitters and the core to keep things edgy.

Flag Post

How about disruptor ammo for the turrets? On the emitter?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bloonsandmonkeys:

How about disruptor ammo for the turrets? On the emitter?

Not a bad idea. There is one problem though… the ships that we are worried about, Ant and Clank generally can avoid being hit. =/

Flag Post

simple, extend turret range or reduce those ships shot range.

Flag Post

Sniper turrets with disruptor ammo?

Shooting bullets simlar to the pincer bullets, firing every 2 seconds, dealing 200 damge, and with the same bullet speed?

Same range as pincer bullets.

Another idea of mine in a VHP turret (Vorponic-Hampering pulse turret) with AoE and disabling ops and warp drive. This would go with the Sniper turrets.

Flag Post

Could have turrets that disrupt the immediate area around them, either causing overall power drains, or increasing energy costs to use abilities within their area of effect.

Flag Post

Needs to a Gruba bullets kind of turret for mass firepower but low damage every shot. Also, put a health drain near the core.

Flag Post

I still say towers just need to double their sight range for on the mini-map.

Flag Post

The turrets should be wolf lasers that way no more hiding behind walls so no rushing at level 2 for clanks

Flag Post

I am thinking of a Smart Targetting system… but it’s too complicated to work IMO. What I am saying is that it should prioritize player ships over drones, ANT/Undu are able to exploit this early on, but this can be an issue when Assault Drones (which kills turrets fast) are the ones doing the most damage, or with those wall hiding tactics like Clank.

Flag Post

How about a machine gun turret fire very fast double bullet per 0.5 second each bullet make 50 damage.

Flag Post

Lets just replace all turrets with Gruba turrets. They’re much better the defensive turrets anyway, and have about the same range. lol :)

If you think that’s too easy, then make them respawn at one level lower after being killed (3 → 2 → 1 → dead)… or add hp to them.