view only multiplayer/non-multiplayer games?

4 posts

Flag Post

Not sure where I should put this, but it’d help me out a lot. I’m an anti-social gamer, gonna say that at the outset. Games are what I do when I don’t want to deal with people, since IRL I work with people all day, then I go home to my family and spend most of my free time with them. So, when I play games, I don’t want humans to play with me.

So the point… is there (or could there be) a way to filter Kongregate’s various ways of suggesting games it wants me to play so that it doesn’t show me any multiplayer games? To me, this is the most fundamental divider of games, and I’ve seen several posts on games alluding to a desire to not see multiplayer games, or to see multiplayer only.

And before anyone flames me for not wanting multiplayer, I’ll admit that every now and then I do play them (and I even like some). But for 99% of my game time, I just wanna be alone.

Flag Post

I agree with this wholeheartedly. My internet connection is often too terrible for any sort of multiplayer (and no, “get a better connection” is not even remotely an option), so I’d rather not have to wade through dozens of games that would be unplayably laggy for me just to find good ones I can use.

Flag Post

I agree with you, when I come here I’m usually( 99% of the time) looking for a good game to play by myself.
It really annoys me when all I see on the front pages in suggestions and hot new games are multiplayer card games and the like. For me those games aren’t even fun, and they’re really crowding out all the good new games out there. I used to like coming here and seeing a cool new game someone made. Now all I see is a bunch of multiplayer games that stay there forever or are just copies of each other. An option to filter these out would be amazing and really useful.

Flag Post

I know this is really late but just for future reference suggestions should go in this thread the admins have a better chance of seeing your thread there instead of here