[Vorp!] Matchmaker Exploit

16 posts

Flag Post

Make a second account. Invite him. Go into a match. Leave with the second account.
Search for a game with the second account again.

Result:

You get worse Enemies when a match opens because of your low rated teammate.
You have a great chance to get a better Teammate for the open slot in your Team.

Your alt can join into the Enemy team and you play 5 vs 4, 4 vs 3 and so on.

Please fix this :P

Flag Post

If you need a win that desperately have at it. Maybe you can find a 3 year old to whip at warcraft while you are at it.

Play the effin game or dont!

Flag Post

I think the biggest mismatch exploit is self inflicted. People come in and the system tries to match them. A few people quit cause there is some guy in there they dont want to play with, so they quit and rejoin. System tries to match them, and low and behold they end up in the same game..endless cycle and a lot of wasted time.

I think they should put a true test to the matching system, make it so no one see who is on any team. Once game starts, they will know their team and by then if they quit there is implications. True blind matching will be the perfect test of that mechanism. I suspect without player interference, it probably isn;t too bad.

Flag Post

The matchmaker is the reason I quit. I’m not even thinking of coming back unless it’s fixed. The funny thing is, I haven’t even been on Kong since then. Just logged on to check this game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mammel:

I think the biggest mismatch exploit is self inflicted. People come in and the system tries to match them. A few people quit cause there is some guy in there they dont want to play with, so they quit and rejoin. System tries to match them, and low and behold they end up in the same game..endless cycle and a lot of wasted time.

I think they should put a true test to the matching system, make it so no one see who is on any team. Once game starts, they will know their team and by then if they quit there is implications. True blind matching will be the perfect test of that mechanism. I suspect without player interference, it probably isn;t too bad.

This isn’t too shabby of an idea, actually. Make yourself blind to the other users, other than your ship.

Flag Post

First they removed the friendly banter between teams before the round starts, and now you want to prevent us from chatting with teammates too? One of the problems of Vorp is that it’s very difficult to communicate during a round, because you’re usually busy doing something else. That minute or so before the round starts is the only chance you have to talk strategy, or just to socialize a little.

There’s another issue that needs to be addressed: the amount of smurfs we’re getting lately, which is probably confusing the matchmaker much more than people leaving. There should be a limit of one account per IP.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WormholeSurfer:

First they removed the friendly banter between teams before the round starts, and now you want to prevent us from chatting with teammates too? One of the problems of Vorp is that it’s very difficult to communicate during a round, because you’re usually busy doing something else. That minute or so before the round starts is the only chance you have to talk strategy, or just to socialize a little.

There’s another issue that needs to be addressed: the amount of smurfs we’re getting lately, which is probably confusing the matchmaker much more than people leaving. There should be a limit of one account per IP.

That might be a problem to those who have siblings or run on the same network.

Flag Post

I think it should just slot in each player, player 1, 2, 3 etc..show the ship they pick, show their rank and red, yellow or green in colour so you know their quitter status only. This should give an indication of the type of players you are with. You can still chat, it would just say player 1 instead of your actual name…chat away all you like, tell people who you are if you want; other players could tell or not tell as they see fit. You can still invite players by name, you just wont know which guy it is until they tell you. Once the game starts, all the info comes up, just like the enemy teams do now.

Flag Post

You all go off-topic.

All your discussions arent helping against that exploit

Flag Post

Its not off topic, if you want to exploit that bad then do it. Seems like too much work, i would just rather play.

Flag Post

I want to see who my teammates are… Have you ever had someone make an alt account only to lose on purpose!? If there were 500 people playing this game same time…. we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Besides… everyone who is in the top 20 pick their matches anyway. Otherwise no one would be above 1450…. Its cause they only play matches they think they are going to win.

Flag Post

Read first post at all fresh ranking freaks

Flag Post

i’m also quitting cause of the matchmaking system..
making a full team (that used invites) fight a team of 5 randoms.. is just bullshit..
no matter how good you play, if your in a random team fighting a team that know each others, you will always lose!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Misaky:

i’m also quitting cause of the matchmaking system..
making a full team (that used invites) fight a team of 5 randoms.. is just bullshit..
no matter how good you play, if your in a random team fighting a team that know each others, you will always lose!

Unless they have recently changed it back, you can only invite ONE person to team up with.

Flag Post

There could be 2 groups of 2 on one team.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mammel:

This should be implemented :D