Tacoyaki +

7 posts

Flag Post

So I’ve been playing this puzzle here: http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/tacoyaki_p/tacoyaki_p.html

Its a relatively simple puzzle game where the goal is to get rid of all the black dots. However, on the second stage, I can’t get past having one black circle left. Can anyone maybe help describe a pattern to make sure you clear everything or be willing to help me solve where I have it?

Flag Post

Ill play the game, ill try to help you out, when i know what you are talking about

Flag Post

Reached thee 6×6 board. Have one black spot left, in the upper left corner. Still can’t figure out how to get rid of it.

Flag Post

Bump. I really need help, I’m awful at solving these.

Flag Post

There are two versions to this game.

For the original tacoyaki, where tiles are flipped diagonally, just remember that you are essentially dealing with two separate boards (kind of like a game of checkers, where you have one game occurring in the dark squares and a second game in the light squares). The biggest tool is the diamond/parallelogram shape. If you are unable to complete one of the diagonals, click on an edge piece to mix things up.

Tacoyaki plus (where you flip over a + sign) may actually be even easier. I like to move all the black pieces to the bottom row (so starting from the top row and moving downwards, click immediately beneath each black dot). Make sure every black dot is on the bottom row. Now, look at the pattern of the bottom row, is it symmetrical? If the pattern is not symmetrical, select one dot from the top row at random and repeat so all black dots are on the bottom. If it is symmetrical, then choose two symmetrical dots on the top row and do the same. Eventually you will hit the right combination, or you can write out how adjusting one dot changes the bottom row.

Flag Post

For anyone still having trouble with this: remember that both colors are valid. You can solve it as all black, OR all green. So if one is hard the other color might be easier to do.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator