[Vorp!] Flux Hole problem

6 posts

Flag Post

Flux Hole.
#1: It claims to slow time.
#2: It only slows players and bullets.
What the difference is is simple:
If you fired a bullet with a lifetime of 1.5 seconds with #1, it would continue out of the field after the field ended.
If you fired that same bullet with #2, it would stay around for 1.5 seconds and then end before the field ended.

I hope I explained this well.

Discuss, realize, grumble.

Flag Post

slow time is just flavor lol in terms of gameplay far easier for developers to add a slow by a certain percent rather than slow time and have the bullets accelerate after the time field ends, also graphically easier as you won’t have a crap ton of bullets suddenly accelerate causing massive lag.

Flag Post

It’s programaticly much harder to do an actual time-slowdown, unles there’s a premade functionality for that in Unity(which i strongly believe to be).

Flag Post

The way I see it, bullets don’t even have a liftetime. They have an X distance they can travel before vanishing.
What DOES have a set time, but doesn’t get affected is an Ant warping.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rick2411:

The way I see it, bullets don’t even have a liftetime. They have an X distance they can travel before vanishing.

If bullets didn’t have a lifetime, I wouldn’t be complaining because said bullets would be going their full distance(if rather slowly).

Several other things have a set time and are not effected.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BunBun2:
Originally posted by rick2411:

If bullets didn’t have a lifetime, I wouldn’t be complaining because said bullets would be going their full distance(if rather slowly).

Several other things have a set time and are not effected.

They do go the full distance, dude.