[The Grinns Tale] You win Nexon! Take my money!

19 posts

Flag Post

So I needed rubies to craft materials needed for the Archer’s rangerling set and decided to farm them from Grand Gatekeepers. I was aware of the drop rate and I decided to keep track of how many times I killed him.

Take a wild guess you makers of this game. Take a guess how many times I killed the Grand Gatekeeper with an Adventurer that has Pickpocket.

TWENTY SEVEN TIMES!
Now within those times, not sure if this is a bug or not but there are times that my Adventurer landed the killing blow on him and only dropped one item.

Anyway, 27 times… with over 40 things dropped and no rubies. Did your plan work Nexon? Reduce the drop rate of rubies to 5% or something to force people to buy them with pramins? Yes it did. Jeez, I paid 49 pramins for a Fuzzlehorn that can’t even eat my 43 mysterious feathers and one hundred-something ancient tablets I got from this stupid boss.

Flag Post

Dude no need to complain Nexon is a very greedy company loom at all their “Free” onlyne games! :p
Nexon knows how to extort money from ppl. even from those that keep complaining about them being greedy. soo no need to complain they wont do shit about your cause. srry to break that to you.

Flag Post

srry for the writing mistakes..

Flag Post

Anyway, lately all the drops from bosses are more rare it seems, so maybe it’s a bug, apart from nexus being greedy of course. (Or so I like to think as nobody ever told us that last update included that feature.)

Flag Post

Meh, it may be just luck. I just got a diamonds from a single try with Grand Crank, and rubies are common-ish in GD, even from chests. But the drops are still low.

Flag Post

Yeah the drop rates are low, but I don’t consider Nexon to be one of those really greedy devs. I have had dealings with other devs that clearly just set the game as a complete business model and screw the gamer. Read through the updates and the forums before posting things about the devs. You will notice that these ones have exclusively listened to Kong requests and altered their game to accommodate us free gamers! So what if it took 27 tries to get a ruby, you still paid nothing for the game, yes you can buy them with pramin (which you can get for free every day) but Nexon is bigger than one person in their back yard on a laptop. I have no issue with ways for them to earn money, so long as it doesn’t overly interfere with the game experience. I’m not 100% with the balance achieved here, but it’s still very good!

Flag Post

Want really greedy devs ? go check call of gods. there you will see what greed means. and there are plenty of other games who have greedy devs, but here it seems pretty fine ..

Flag Post

I hate being lured into a game that seems ‘free’, then makes you pay if you want to do well. This is not one of those! Sure you can get sets and things like that faster using pramins, but it is not unreachable. There aren’t huge areas and tons of things you can only get by paying. I understand that people making the game should be payed. If you want greedy devs, go play any Facebook game.

Flag Post

Srry my point was that off all those devs i know, Nexon is on my top 10 greedy list. btw 1 of those games that is “Free” is Spiral Knights…. its almost imposible to continue playing if y dont pay real money. but true this game aint THAT greedy if you look closer

Flag Post

Grinns Tale is one of the least greedy f2p games out there, it’s not even ‘free2play but pay2win’, but nexon does know how to slowly start extorting money in other games though, hope it will not happen in this game.

Flag Post

I agree with there being greedy devs out there. Zynga gets all my hate while Firaxis gets much love for how they did CivWorld with the paid extras and just in general for the Civ series. I was getting quite frustrated with the Ruby drop rates, then while I was grinding Floor 13 to level up some heroes I ended up getting a Ruby around every 5 replays. So far I’ve used Pramins for Zoning Permits because I couldn’t get through Ironbound 3, still only made it through once with over a dozen tries since. Very frustrating design, I’m stuck capped at level 24 and can’t get past level 30 to find the next set of Artifacts.

Flag Post

wiz+haste will help u get past that point

Flag Post

What do you mean, one cleric with haste II, one cleric healing and one wiz buffed will do the trick?

Flag Post

That doesn’t help. I still get killed off before I can even drag a health or revive potion onto my heroes. I shouldn’t have to find a cracked version of this game just to make progress thanks to yet another developer who overbalances the game so that it’s a challenge for themselves while ignoring the fact that they are NOT the target audience, WE are.

Flag Post

If you can’t get through IB3 the problem is not the game but YOU.

All others could.

Flag Post

best f2p game ever is league of legends people who pay have no advantage except maybe geting the new champ the day its out

Flag Post

yes League of legends is great, I paid for it and all I bought so far is cosmeticall. Kinda funny how a game that Does not require you to pay anything makes the most money out of it.

Flag Post

I got through IB3 & IB4 once but haven’t been able to on repeat plays even with over a dozen Revive & Vibrant potions which I can’t drag quick enough because I get killed in the time it takes for me to click on them or when trying to switch out heroes. I’m capped at level 24 and can’t get past Floor 30 to get the next set of Artifacts. I don’t know how “All others could” and what tactics they used. I’ve skimmed these forums & tried what others have posted but they’re not very effective.

Flag Post

Level your characters with other jobs, to get good subskills. I use Cleric with haste 2, berserker lvl 18 with the "gain 40% health of damage done, and a wizard with shock and + chance, lvl 20. I got to 34 just now