[Vorp!] Bugs and Suggestions

24 posts

Flag Post

Appears that previous threads are at the far bottom, so time for a new one:

Bugs:

1. Circe’s Ghost Field – cancels ALL types of debuffs regarding movement (Deport, Disruptors, Virus String, etc) which I think shouldn’t.

2. XXggghhr’thulu’s Ancient Presence stack – grants multiple skulls, and also multiplying damage.

3. Dreadnaught’s Orbital Nuke – sometimes doesn’t show the reticule/bullseye for the enemy team.

Issues:

1. Front 3 turrets should have some starting invincibility frame – apart from the usual base rape approach most games end up doing, having a few secs off loading into the game can have dire consequences with regards to front turrets getting blown apart within the 1st 2 minutes. They already have low health, and the capacity of certain ships outgunning it early enough, adding having 1-2 less defenders because they’re still loading, seems very unfair. Give them a 1 minute invincibility frame and we should be set.

2. Flame Turrets are underpowered – While they may have the highest DPS of the 3 (if you get too close), they’re practically outgunned and outranged by all ships. An assault drone is enough to break 1 down. They could use some buff on the HP to compensate for their lower range (and might want to increase range as well), should prevent some backdoor activity just a bit, to allow ships to actually go back and defend from the likes of an ANT.

3. Base Bash trend/Backdoors – it’s this topic again… I won’t dwell much on this. But currently, top 3 best base attackers are ANT, Clanknor and Undulorean. Circe follows but her role as an artillery/base attacker are being trumped by the 3. ANT/Undu has the range and firepower. Clanknor can go toe to toe with any turret and win. And they also deal with them the fastest, not allowing any defense line to hold. This actually tends to make matches boring, as they’re just bypassing everybody else and go hit on easy to kill structures (and besides, backdooring should be difficult but rewarding – stuff like Deport makes it too easy). I can’t really say if said ships need nerfs or the structures themselves need a buff… but that’s one issue which I hope can be worked out quickly.

Flag Post

Yeah, these are all problems. Circe’s Ghost Field I believe was intended only to cancel out the slow from Bindu Bolts and Omen Sphere, and it’s canceling every slow. So it’d be good if that got fixed =).

Flag Post

The skull gain is a graphical issue that does not apply to the Xxggghhr player. Hmm, guess I was wrong about that, just got brutalized by another player with it.

Disruptor fields sometimes won’t show when dead.

Engine trails occasionally won’t appear for other ships. Caused by Space Pinch.

Clanknor and Torpaz can shoot their main weapons through walls with little effort.

Flag Post

- techs have little / no apparent impact on game
- matchmaking system does not work given the amount of players currently playing the game (i get why it’s been made in the way it does, but it reflects a game ideal, not a game reality)
- most matches are decided due to quitters, feeders (non-malicious / new players), or feeders/ragers (malicious), not skill.
- ant warp fails constantly esp. when ant is at lower health
- game favors full-screen widescreen owners (they see more on the screen than non-widescreen owners)

Flag Post

Turbo Hawk can use Hypercool in combination with Switchblades to do a potential 1620 damage per second. Or more, with damage techs.

Suggestion: Make using Switchblades before they would retract merely increase the time they stay out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BunBun2:

Turbo Hawk can use Hypercool in combination with Switchblades to do a potential 1680 damage per second. Or more, with damage techs.

I don’t think thats a bug or a suggestion to implement.

Flag Post

This thread is required once more, as there are more bugs.

VIRUS.5TR4NG3 does nothing to other players, where it should prevent movement. Lag is a probable cause.

According to other players, Shock Lance can hit with the “lance” more than three times per use on one enemy. Lag is also a probable cause.

Angel Fire is unable to get at least one of its achievements, due to changes to Ventilate.

Iron Wolf cannot get certain achievements without cooperation between teams or luck. The achievements are Razor Sharp, Lone Wolf, and Like Butter.

ANT Mk. 1 is not normally able to get two achievements, those being I Pince and Miner 49er, requiring two things:
The match going on long enough to kill that many drones, and not having those drones stolen from you.

I think those are all. Report more bugs as you find them.

Flag Post

A couple of those aren’t really bugs…

I think the Virus is only supposed to work until the player is hit…which makes it mostly worthless in most cases.

Getting swiped by the lance more than once should hurt you more than once.

Needing a cooperative team is not a big deal if you ask…killing 100 drones might be, but I suspect it wasn’t meant to be easy.

Angelfire one is a good catch.

Flag Post

For the Virus thing, I was hit, unable to move, and killed, still unable to move. Though that might be a bug, now that you bring it up.

The lance cannot hit more than three times per activation, or shouldn’t.

Iron Wolf needs cooperation between teams, not on your own team, to get those. Can you honestly tell me that Razor Sharp can be obtained in normal play?

Flag Post

I mentioned to them already regarding the AF Ventilate as that was the 1st thing I recall.

Anyway:

Suggesting mild damage tech nerf from 0.75% to 0.50% – I find people stacking more than 20. 0.75 gives around 15% dmg bonus, which that doesn’t sound too strong, but put them on multi-hitting attacks (Jabber/Craw attacks/T.Hawk, etc), and you can see where this is going. By nerfing it slightly, should give other techs more light.

Suggesting changing how Deport/Warp works – Make them warp to the core depot. This should curb some backdooring issues and gives some decision making on when to use it, rather than becoming a QTE button. Instead of “Press D/F to not die” and then coming back 5 secs later, it becomes a “If I use this to save myself, I’ll miss out on XP and possible time to help allies in fighting”. On the flip side, more useful late game when you need to TP back to save your core.

Flag Post

another bug: angelfire’s trail blazers sometimes don’t show up on screen (like they haven’t been upgraded) but still deal damage, creating unseen areas that cause damage to the other team.

Flag Post

For the Virus thing, I was hit, unable to move, and killed, still unable to move. Though that might be a bug, now that you bring it up.

The lance cannot hit more than three times per activation, or shouldn’t.

Iron Wolf needs cooperation between teams, not on your own team, to get those. Can you honestly tell me that Razor Sharp can be obtained in normal play?

-Maybe you were hit by the Virus, and then immediately died from a status effect? Sounds buggy to me.
-I think we just need some clarifications on what was intended, Craw damage could be a feature and not a bug. Are you sure its the actual LANCE and not the Tesla sparks that go with it?
-Razor sharp is pretty wild…it should give you closer to 50 B! But its completely possible, even though improbable.

Darth: can we keep this thread to just bugs for now?

Flag Post

It’s my thread though… and I specifically stated bugs AND suggestions.

Though, if there are more bug issues, keep posting away.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kiech:

-snip-

-Maybe you were hit by the Virus, and then immediately died from a status effect? Sounds buggy to me.
-I think we just need some clarifications on what was intended, Craw damage could be a feature and not a bug. Are you sure its the actual LANCE and not the Tesla sparks that go with it?
-Razor sharp is pretty wild…it should give you closer to 50 B! But its completely possible, even though improbable.

Darth: can we keep this thread to just bugs for now?

It’s the lance, tested on towers to make sure.
I had no active damaging status effects(the team I was fighting had no AF or XX) and I was at about 65% health.
The achievements seem intended to be possible in normal play. Having three ships that struggle to get some of them seems unintended. Could be wrong.

Flag Post

They were there since the beginning. It would be possible if it’s being done that way… though current gameplay flows the other way which makes it almost impossible to perform in a serious game.

Spending time to hunt drones via Pincers/Mines = less time for it to attack structure = more opportunity to lose and your teammates to blame you. Same thing. with CLaWs…

Flag Post

- Fix the bloddy cooldown-tech already!

Flag Post

Oh and make the games NOT start without the players!!!!!!! I’ve lost a ton of rating because of that bullshit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ENDGamesRyan:
snip
Death Marks remove if The Administrator dies, so you’ll want to make sure Shinobi has an escape route after you’ve planted them on your target.
snip

They do no such thing.

Flag Post

I hate the fact that loadouts disappear when their host dies. Every loadout should remain and finish what they’re doing after the host dies!!

Flag Post

Dread recolors still need to be fixed
Upgrading minigun to lvl 1 undos the recolor on the minigun
upgrading main gun to lvl 2 undos the recolor on the cannon

Flag Post
Originally posted by pwnednoobs:

Dread recolors still need to be fixed
Upgrading minigun to lvl 1 undos the recolor on the minigun
upgrading main gun to lvl 2 undos the recolor on the cannon

Clanknor also has some oddities with the recolours, the main gun doesn’t start as the recolour colour, the turret randomly changes between normal and recolour.
The nuke doesn’t have it too.

Flag Post

XXggghhr’thulu’s Ancient Presence – multiple skull problem is not solved. When I play XXggghhr’thulu i get frequently asked about the 6 – 15 skulls around the ship. I just see 3, drones seem to get hurt only by the 3 skulls i see. I can’t varify if players get hurt by multiple skulls. Maybe some opponents can.

Flag Post

It is probably either lag or a graphical issue, it doesn’t do any more damage besides the 3 skulls.

Flag Post

The Developers will fix it all ASAP!

Ah wrong Forum, this game isnt supported anymore ^^