[Skyshard Heroes] [Dev] Thursday patch, Conquest+Mercenaries

12 posts

Flag Post

On Thursday we will be pushing an update that will fix a handful of bugs as well as make some major changes to the way Mercenaries work. Previously, you could acquire Mercenaries only through Merc Packs, and those units would have the same level as other units in your base.

After the patch, several of the old Mercenaries will have corresponding Contracts. These contracts will allow you to permanently build the units for resources, just as the existing contracts allow. Additionally, they will be given their own unit levels in the Training Grounds. They will all start at Level 1 and can be trained up individually. Note that this also means existing mercenaries in your Barracks will be reduced to Level 1 as well, so plan accordingly!

Additionally we will be opening up the Conquest store and explaining how the Conquest Rating will work. We will be ending Season 2 on December 11th, and giving our Conquest Core components to each player in the guilds based on their total CR. These components can be used in the Forge for various rewards, including new gear, rare Orichalcum and Cloudstone Cores, and Contracts.

Flag Post

Awesome stuff! With the CR Store, I was wondering if you could implement some sort of a guild statistic for each member? (Time since joined guild, Tiles taken for the guild, resources donated) We already have resources donated; though the other two would be great.

Flag Post

Season ends in a week???

WOW, i have so many questions unanswered!

-Will guild resources transfer to next season?

-Will CR have to be distributed by leader, or all members will be able to shop on their own? So how CR will be spent and by who?

-How long will we have to spend CRs?

-Will there be rewards for top 3 as well? (we bust our asses all season, don’t tell me i did it for a Cloudstone Core!)

-What is the meaning of life?

…and i agree with manaco above, players stats would be great. Conquest Ranking for players would be sweet too! Ranking says i had 4 victory in a week cause i don’t farm, dude, i take 72 tiles daily. Should be a ranking for that!

cheers!

Flag Post

so…i recently switched guild,so i get like almost nothing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by neversofew615219:

No, silly. Unless your guild has nothing. :P

Also, syn, could you make the mercenairies (and maybe even current units) not cost an arm in arcana costs? Do you even realize what you’ve done with L10 troops? 1.2m arcana for one unit is just too much.
And finally, an end to this bullshit season.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AleXinoS:

Also, syn, could you make the mercenairies (and maybe even current units) not cost an arm in arcana costs? Do you even realize what you’ve done with L10 troops? 1.2m arcana for one unit is just too much.

Agreed on the Level 10 troop arcana costs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FrankFlasho:

Agreed on the Level 10 troop arcana costs.

i third this vote, though i’d prefer not to have my steam tank dropped down so many levels, and have to re-upgrade it with arcana that i don’t have. but if i must…

Flag Post

[EDIT. I will be making this post more, AleXinoS approved.]

Awesome, I have been waiting for this for a very long time! Earning rewards for all of our hard work in the conquest map will finally be rewarded. I sincerely hope hundreds of attacks and hours of playing were worth the investment when the CR shop is released.

The most demanding outlook in this update that players are looking for is balance rewarded distributed towards all the guilds. There Their There are three types of guilds, the small guilds who earn little CR, the intermediate guilds whom secured a large sum of territories with a few thousand CR, and then there their there is Agency, who can occupy and defend any territories if they please and monopolized all the forts and guilds in the conquest map. Without a doubt, Agency should get the most rewards, but many players, such as myself, do not want such a guild to have even more of a gap in rewards than other guilds.

Originally posted by synapticon:

We will be ending Season 2 on December 11th, and giving our Conquest Core components to each player in the guilds based on their total CR.

You should change it to “…_and giving our Conquest Core components to each player in the guilds based on their overall guild rank.”

Here are a few suggestions:
¦¦1¦¦ Limit in how many forts a guild can occupy.
¦¦2¦¦ Reward guilds by there their overall rank through CR collected by the end of a season. Do not reward a guild by total CR gained unless there’s a formula where the value of CR decreases based off total CR collected by end of a season. Ex: A guild with 1k CR can get 10 blah cores, a guild with 2k cr can get 19 blah cores, a guild with 3k cr get’s 26 blah cores, etc.
¦¦3¦¦ Nerf heroes so PvP is more balanced. Heroes need a longer CD for stunned attacks so other heroes have a chance to fight back.
¦¦4¦¦ Reward players for there their dedication and efforts in the Conquest Map by following AleXinoS suggestion in this post:
         [lost post]

¦¦5¦¦ Limit the amount of times a player can defend a territory, give a handicap towards the defender, or a boost towards the attacker of a territory to reduce many failed attempts to occupy a territory.
¦¦6¦¦ Give a indication when your Honor will reset after initiating your first attack.
¦¦7¦¦ Try to keep thing’s balanced and updated based on player feedback.

Thanks and please don’t disappoint.

Flag Post

Sour, their*, THEIR* and their*. You said there in all three cases, and in the second case, you even caps’ed a mistake. Real smooth. >.> Btw, CR shop isn’t really a shop. It’s just items you can forge using Conquest Cores (CC). Everyone can forge the same items, but not everyone will have enough CC to do so.

Also, I already suggested a better way to make the points work where it’s based on movement as well, and non-reset timers if tiles are switched around all the time.

I agree with most of what you said, but I think a greater amount of forts/guilds would also be very appreciated. An amount that cannot be owned by 1~2 guild(s) is necessary.

Flag Post

Changed post to make it more nice and easier to read. Btw AleX, as much as I try to get the “there, their and they’re” problem corrected, it doesn’t help to correct someone without explaining why they’re wrong. They’re = they are, as in for people, there talks about a place, like let’s go there, and their talks about possession, like those grammar police can’t correct you without explaining their reasoning.
To put it simple, I use “there” a lot. Idc. Second. I already know about your past suggestion. Third, thanks for your support.

Flag Post

We’ll be pushing the update back to tomorrow so we can continue working on bug stomping and polishing. Thanks for the patience guys!

Flag Post

possession of a tile should earn the same CR as conquering a tile every 6 hours. this will encourage more participation from other guilds.
if a tile is discarded by a guild within 6 hours of taking last tile, they cannot earn CR taking another tile for 6 hours. the reason is to prevent taking a tile, then discard it and take another. so yes, discarding a tile will penalise the guild as a whole. the idea is to minimise monopoly from one guild as we saw in last 2 seasons. defending a tile successfully should also give some CR reward to discourage losing a tile on purpose.