[The Grinns Tale] What is max # of Heroes?

6 posts

Flag Post

I have 8 Heroes at the moment, and the Hero Monument is maxed, but I noticed there are 10 slots for Heroes. Are the other two slots something you can upgrade to, or did the devs not want to program new 2nd screen for overflow Heroes?

Flag Post

kinda off-topic, but why would you ever need more than 6?

Flag Post

Two empty slots had me wondering, also, diversity in build sets. You could have a back-up of each class.

Flag Post

A backup of each class is easily accomplished, however, by changing the job of one of the six. All six of your heroes could be level 42 of all six classes, given time. Meanwhile, you can only bring six on any run, so only six at a time can gain experience. There’s no reason to have more than six.

Flag Post

Yes, but sometimes people have 2 clerics; 1 haste 1 heal; and according to the room they change the cleric or take both. You can’t change any ability-class in a battle. Also, some people have something like 2 wizards, 1 for bio and 1 for shock, and then 1 archer. 8 heroes are neccesary for some people, actually 10 would be good but 8 is okay.

Flag Post

The reason for having 8 heroes instead of 6 is simple:

You can change which 6 out of 8 u choose EVERY ROOM, but you can only change the specs of your heroes when you RETURN TO TOWN.

I.e. for something with many many rooms (like GD), those extra 2 heros means 2 extra specs u can switch between depending on what monsters you see.

and even if you don’t actually use different specs, thats still 2 extra heros u can fully feed beforehand and swap them in so you waste less item uses on feeding your heroes in the middle of tough battles.