[Vorp!] Beta and Pre-Season coming to an End!

10 posts

Flag Post

Greetings Commanders!

Vorp has been in Beta here on Kongregate since August. On behalf of the END Games team, I’d like to thank all of you who have battled bravely and helped us squash bugs and improve the game along the way. I personally have played many games with all of you and it’s been amazing watching strategies and tactics evolve in ways none of us expected.

On Thursday, 12/13, this week we will officially be leaving beta behind and transitioning Vorp to Live status. What does this mean?

In regards to playing the game, there should be no noticeable service outage (other than the usual occasional server maintenance windows).

All your unlocks, achievements, Commander Rank, and B! earned or purchased during Beta will remain.

However, as Vorp and MOBA games in general are somewhat more like a sport than just a game, we will be resetting the leaderboards and stats to begin “Season 1” as part of going Live. We will capture the state of the leaderboards at the end of Beta and leave the top 100 archived as “Pre-Season” standings for all time.

In case that’s not clear, let me say it again: If you’re in the top 100, your name will be immortalized FOREVER in the Vorp Leaderboards. We will continue this trend with every season as time goes on.

We also have a special surprise award planned for the top 10 players on the Vorp Leaderboards at the end of Pre-Season. Make the best of your time this week and rack up those wins!

We are trying to line up a bit of web gaming site coverage for Thursday to try and add a bunch of new players all on the same day. If you have a favorite gaming news site, please write into them and ask them to check out Vorp, they always take it more seriously when their fans write in.

On that note, we’d like to ask for your help on Thursday: post about Vorp on Facebook, tweet about us, post in other forums, make YouTube videos, anything you can think of to help get the word out. Also please remember to be helpful and encouraging to new players… there’s no better way to grow the community and fill in the match making queue than that. Remember: a happy noob today makes a solid pro tomorrow.

We have really enjoyed making this game with you all, and hope it can be successful so we can keep developing it and playing!

Thanks again, and here’s looking forward to the future of Vorp! Cheers!
-Ryan

Flag Post

Beta ended, but AWFUL LAGS stay here… Any suggestions about it? Play 3v3 is so-so, but 5v5 is IMPOSSIBLE to normal play.

Flag Post

SkyDark .. Beta ends in 2 days. Not to mention it is probably your computer, not the game.

Flag Post

Just want to say that you guys rock.

Flag Post

Thanks for producing a great game. I hope it gets the attention it deserves. You’ve done a wonderful job.

Flag Post

There’s always awful lag if you’re playing from East Asian countries from 12:01pm to 11:59pm. When I played in the US it was just fine.

Flag Post

Thanks for making such a great game guys. I only just joined the game about a month ago, but I’ve had a ton of fun.

Flag Post

You know, this game need something new. I’m in this game since august and want do we have? New ships, team up, less leavers, less bugs and lags, score system… but that’s it. We really need something more than that. What about new map? Or new mode? Or some kind of new AI (i mean not only drones and turrets). Btw, why not make forum topic and let people say what do they want to see in this game? I think it’s the great idea&

Flag Post

Haven’t played this in a while but hope to see it as popular as LOL and DOTA.

Flag Post

We can make some kind of clans here. Yeah yeah, idea is old as a world but not everything is so easy. First of all, not clans. That doesn’t sounds cool. Let’s name this Union, Alliance, Fleet or something like that. Then the main idea. It will be a… that will be a fleet (15 players in each Fleet). 3 leagues/groups in fleet (beginner, amateur, professional). OK, 3 groups. And playing. Then 4 leaderboards: beginner, amateur, pro and total. In total leaderboards will be a sum of all points gained due 1 season (some amount of matches between fleets for example). And the end of season players from the each fleet will earn some prizes. That can be B! coins, exclusive ships, titles, tech packs or something like that. So that’s it. Main thing about it is that group of 5 pro players can’t win season if they don’t have amateurs and beginners.
Here is my idea for this game.