[The Grinns Tale] Resource Farming Floors

25 posts

Flag Post

ITT: what levels are best for resource farming at what tiers.
Pre-requisites: adventure with scavenger is an obvious must, put ricochet on him too if you can – the extra hit gets more resources out of the monster without costing another food hit (48 hits per 1 piece of food)

Floor 13 room 1 is good for wood – after killing the 2 enemies hit the replay floor button on the left of the screen (or continue to the second room for the chest). With a T4 (level capepd at 30) rogue (Special monster item drop) i can kill them both in 1 hit about 60% of the time with ricochet on, i get about 1288.75 wood per minute and 104.125 metal per minute if you include the food costs.

for metal i’ve found flr22 rm 1 to be quite good but don’t have stats on that one.

also, IronBound1 is quite good as a whole, although takes a while, and Highland Falls 2 (each room) is good for t3 people for both iron and wood.

post ITT if you have other resource farming areas and any relating stats/requirements

Flag Post

I prefer the first 10 levels of GD, although it varies in amount due to the nature of the dungeon, it still gives a sizeable amount of resources (i am still on t3 though)
A small tip for maximising the farm: if you put your adventurer (or any hero) in a class below lv 6, you can feed them croissants which costs only 80 wood and it will replenish the food meter to the max (and you get 3 each time you buy of course)

Flag Post

Later on in the game, you’ll start running out of specific items. Obviously, you’ll need to switch your adventurers to pickpocket. Personally, I have two adventurers with pickpocket & ricochet with a knight to tank – I fight through about the first 20 levels of GD unless I need something specific. For example, I’ve determined that the first room in Ironbound 3 is pretty good for farming Old Diaries (need for most of the cleric’s equipment).

Flag Post

I usually farm with two lvl42 monkeys with scavenge & ricochet in IB1, where I get 857 wood per minute and 110 iron per minute. When I count in some recyclable stuff like rusty screw, smashed googles, used arrows, broken maces and squeaky springs that gives me another 22 iron per minute.
For rubies and rogue set, sardaukar, zweihander and some other stuff I use same system as does CoffeeGuru87, untill floor 25 in GD.
Diamonds farming on tower floor 37 with two monkeys – pickpocket & ricochet and rhino in front is painless and does not require any potions.
Same heroes on tower lvl55 room1 for farming blue crystals on thermal spikey.

enjoy! =)

Flag Post

For wood HF3-1 is best if you have 208 att: 2 hits = 4 kill.
240 wood + 27 metal. 2k wood each min should be easy to reach. The 200 + metal each min is extra.

For metal 21-1 is best with att 247: 1 hit = 2 kill.
30 wood + 30 metal. 300+ metal a minute should not be a problem.

Flag Post

I’d heard 21-1 was good for metal but that 22-1 was better? Thoughts anyone?
and i’ll try HF3-1, thanks

i don’t think GD 1-10 is good for resource farming, the monsters encountered are too low level to get enough out of it – food cost is too much for t3/t4 to make it worthwhile. Even if it were cost effective, i don’t think it beats floor 13 room 1 for wood at all… anybody else found any metal farming places at all? need metal farming badly. or t4 wood farming paces?

Flag Post

tried dee2166´s strategy with t3 adventurer, got 756 wood in one minute, three runs, three hits each, when my food bar emptied i had gotten 4000 wood aproximately (plus 2000-2500 metal)

Flag Post

22-1 might be better if you lack the minimum attack to efficiently farm 21-1. Once you reach 247 att, you’ll not only waste a hit on the third mob in 22-1, you also have a longer delay between the two waves than the delay when redoing a floor.

Flag Post

Here are some stats for you. These are based on my level 30 adv (T4) with full rogue gear which has shock immunity – important for stats on flr21/22 as they have shock enemies. he has 217 attack and 16 speed, uses scavenger and ricochet. takes redberry pies (640wood/460metal for 3). The total profit per 10 minutes and per 1 minute have taken into account the cost of food. I also skipped the animation of the attack to increase the speed by a small bit (when the load bar is full click on the hero to cancel it, saving a few precious seconds)

Highland Falls 3-1 – took 2 hits to clear the floor
18737.777777 wood/10mins —> 1873.77777/1min
1677.277777 metal/10mins —> 167.7277777/1min

Floor 21-1 ricochet killed everyone in 2 hits except for the 10 times when i cleared the floor in 1 hit
1775.55555 wood/10mins —> 177.55555/1min
2044.055555 metal/10mins —> 204.4055555/1min

Floor 22-1
2761.66666 wood/10mins —> 276.166666/1min
1956.166666 metal/10mins —> 195.61666666/1min

Floor 13-1 Cleared 86 times, 46 of those times took 2 hits, 40 took 1 hit
12613.33333 wood/10mins —> 1261.33333/1min
1186.33333 metal/10mins —> 118.633333/1min

From these figures it is obvious that Floor 22-1 is best for metal, however it’s really low on wood so it is more worthwhile farming HF3-1 as realistically 400 metal loss per 10 minutes is an acceptable sacrifice for an additional 17k of wood/10mins.

Flag Post

If you use the new PP2 weapon AND have the fuzz, 12-1 is, this far, the best room for metal farming.

Using only one monkey with the PP2 weapon during a 10 minutes repeat:

340 raw metal
346 broken maces (1730 screws)
99 rusty screws
99 broken arrows

which roughly brings some 6.5k metal in 10 minutes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dee2166:

If you use the new PP2 weapon AND have the fuzz, 12-1 is, this far, the best room for metal farming.

Using only one monkey with the PP2 weapon during a 10 minutes repeat:

340 raw metal
346 broken maces (1730 screws)
99 rusty screws
99 broken arrows

which roughly brings some 6.5k metal in 10 minutes.

Might seem silly to discuss a strat that requires like 100 pramin just to be able to perform it, but I still must ask you: Are you considering food costs in those final numbers?

PS: To account for all the randomness factors, you might want to try more than 10 minutes of measurement to obtain a reliable farming speed number (specially with item farming, which has big variability).

Flag Post

I’m just mentioning the potential for metal farming should people have both.

Food costs are included since banana drops make it a free farm in regards to that. I could do it more often but considering I did around 85 repeats and that has a max potential of 510 maces, I think this run was a reasonable average.

Also, I did all manually dragging which implies the total of repeats I did is possibly much lower than it will be for those using keys.

Flag Post

Food costs are included since banana drops make it a free farm in regards to that. (…)

¿You sure of that? ¿Do you actually get a progressive increase of banana stock while farming there?

Flag Post

Banana of course depends a bit on luck but you only need 1 every 10 hits and with 3x the drop of 2 kills, you’ll seldom run without.

I redid it with normal PP and had:

336 metal
236 maces
60 screws
60 arrows.

Not the greatest amount of repeats in 10min but still not too shabby metal wise. I had to use two food however.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FumTech:

PS: To account for all the randomness factors, you might want to try more than 10 minutes of measurement to obtain a reliable farming speed number (specially with item farming, which has big variability).

I’d say 10 minutes is a reasonable average, taking into account randomness (btw, what randomness is there? it takes into account my accidental mis-clicking and lapses in concentration). to ask us to do more than 10 minutes of hardcore resource collecting, whilst not volunteering to collect the data yourself, seems a bit unfair. i think the figures are good enough, they at least provide a medium through which we can compare the resource potential of each floor.

TL;DR 10 minutes is long enough for these purposes, if you want it more accurate then do it yourself.

Flag Post

Also, some extra stats on HF3-1
Assuming you can 2 hit clear the room and have t4 food (640/460) then per room-clear you get (including food costs)

wood 231.1222

metal 20.51222

this is in addition to the drops of things like smashed googles (150 with a fuzz=500 metal) and the more common scrolls (150=500 wood) so there’s a little bonus

Flag Post

The PS wasn’t directed to you dragattack, no need to rage over nothing. I was suggesting Dee to test for more than 10 minutes based on my own experience collecting data on speeds of item farming.

Banana of course depends a bit on luck but you only need 1 every 10 hits and with 3x the drop of 2 kills, you’ll seldom run without.

I’ll rephrase my question : ¿Do you see your banana count increase (or stall) while farming 12-1, even though you use the bananas to feed your monkey? If that’s the case, then I would certainly believe that you have found the absolute best place for metal farming in the game. Though I insist on the food issue because is crucial if you really want to decide on an absoltue “best room for metal farming”, as food can nerf 10% or even 20% of your profit. For example, with optimized gear I can farm 570 metal per min on 43 CONSIDERING the food costs; if I don’t consider them, that rises to 662 raw metal per min, which is similar to that of your set up.

Flag Post

I did it again although I fumbled a bit and didn’t reach the same repeat but anyways:

I started fully fed and ended with 14/48 only having used the bananas that dropped during the 10min repeat.

metal 324
screws 80
arrows 80
mace 310

Still close to 6k in 10min this attempt and on average can be expected to be food neutral.

And a third test, cost 1 food, no luck with ze bananas.

metal 352
arrow 110
screw 110
mace 376

That’s 7.3k.

Flag Post

HF 3-1 is good. I equip my scavenger sneaks just right so they are both fast and it takes exactly three hits to kill the rocksin. Why? 3 hits- 3 richocets: Every time I hit somebody I hit 2 enemies. Food cost (640/460 for me) is not very much, and if you don’t explore often or have plentiful farms you can just use wheats.

Flag Post

For HF3-1 208 atk is the threshold dmg to kill the rockskin in one-hit every time. This can be achieve most likely at the earliest with a non-refine shadower(other class beside adventurer don’t count).

Flag Post

H-F 3 1k wood p/run after 10 min i have 10k wood and use like 3 loafs for cleric and 3 of the next item for my scavenger(rogue set with wrench). usually 1st room 3 hits 2nd room 5-6 hits 3rd room 9 hits

Flag Post

In addition to HF3-1, on HF3-2 there’s a small chance of encountering Sweeper Stu who can drop Rogue Turban and Refined Rogue Turban. If, however, you don’t encounter him you get a rockskin, 2 shockers and a sureshot followed by a rockskin and a fault which all drop a decent amount of Resources, so it’s arguably worth doing if you want Rogue Turbans

Flag Post

I’ve got more statistics for HF3-1, this time employing the croissant trick. For those who don’t know, the croissant trick involves using a Grinn that is level 4 or below in any job. Once that Grinn is starving, go back to the town and change to the <4 job then go into the tower (floor 1 recommended) and feed the Grinn a croissant, thus filling him/her up. Then go back to town, change the Grinn back to an adventurer and carry on fighting at full health.

The stats for HF3-1 using this technique are:

17200 wood profit inc food cost/10mins —> 1720/minute
1944 metal profit inc food cost/10mins —> 194.4/minute

so you get less wood per minute compared to a T4 who eats redberry pies but you get more metal due to croissants being a metal-free back (80wood/0metal)

Flag Post

http://i.imgur.com/49IdVfz.jpg

Flag Post

I simplified it all a bit and created two tables; one for those with a pet and one for those without. The prescribed gear is for maximum efficiency. Anything lower will of course result in less gain/time.

Table without pets:

http://i.imgur.com/MrKS4iQ.jpg

Table for pet owners:

http://i.imgur.com/mlLDLGe.jpg