[Dungeon Overlord] Task Master

8 posts

Flag Post

Hello. Um. I’ve been suggested to make this topic because I’m a taskmaster level 1, despite being an extremely active player.

I have been playing nearly constantly for more than a month – I believe this is close to the end of my fifth week, or possibly the beginning of my sixth, I’m not entirely sure – and do fairly little to increase my ‘power’ because I don’t terribly care about it. A great deal of what I do is focusing on crafting items, along with some small Elf-raiding on and off. I’m currently at a point where my general activity is sending a raid out again once every forty minutes or so (I started raiding T2s very recently, and there’s one next door), along with shocking on occasion, generating new Crafting cues, and condensing my raw materials into things I then trade for more materials. I’m aware that crafting furniture would increase my productivity greatly, along with my power, but I"m not terribly interested because this is a game I let run while doing other things.

I THINK that’s why I’m at level one, but, again, I’ve been playing for a full month and then some. Please, if you might shed some enlightenment over how the Task Master rank is calculated…

Flag Post

As I explained in the other thread, I am getting together with the team on this issue. Based on what you’ve explained, in both threads, your activity should warrant at least a level 2. However, if you go a few days without logging in, your level may drop. Taskmaster level is not based directly on overall power. It’s on activity at the time. So, if you increased your power months ago by training Troops and placing furniture, your Taskmaster Level may not remain steady, while your Power level will.

Flag Post

I haven’t actually gone ANY days without logging in. I’ve closed the tab only five times… since starting it. Including periods where I completely close firefox. I let this game run all day, since getting it, because I know that if I DO close it I’m going to forget it and go COMPLETELY inactive, which isn’t good for my long-term plans.

Flag Post

We once asked the devs to explain it, and they said it’s a ratio between time logged in and unique actions done, so basically, the longer you stay logged in, the more different stuff you need to do, including building and selling tiles, upgrading rooms and creatures as well as spawning them, and making different furniture and crafted goods, and hitting different elf villages. If you log in, pick up, make the same stuff and hit the same towns all the time, your level will drop. Start logging out more often when you’re not actively doing something, build a couple new rooms, make some new stuff (like not only turbominers, hint hint) and hit some different people and towns, the number will go up.

People use TM number to determine if someone has gone inactive as well, so might be worth it to you to try to bring it up.

Flag Post

Actually, I’ve made very little furniture at all… My bookcase was the first bit of furniture I’ve made in close to two weeks.

Flag Post

Funny thing is, a player that talked with me a lot told me end of December he would quit and he did. He hasnt got half my power level by now, but he is still level 4, while I am level 3. I am in the top 100 weekly leaderboards or close for exploring, raiding, crafting and attacking since I started.

Flag Post

that was end of November, ofc

Flag Post

Bigboyusa is higher than a 1.

HAHHAHAHAHAH SEN!