[Nova Raider] Balance issues.

19 posts

Flag Post

1. Support ship is better at tanking than tank.
Compare: lvl 50 tank: 7500 base hp, 14190 with Life buff #9, dodge 5%; lvl 50 support: 3750 base hp, 8565 with Life buff #9, dodge 50%. Assuming opponent shoots for 100 dmg each bullet with 100% accuracy (for simplicity’s sake), tank can survive 149 shots fired (141 will hit), shot #150 will destroy it. Same opponent shoots 150 times, half of them misses due to support’s ridiculous dodge, he takes total of 7500 damage and stilll stands with over 1k hp left.
Yes, I’m fully aware that it requires research in both tank and support tech, but it’s just matter of time/stars.
Lvl 20 tank: 2500 hp, 4890 with Life buff #3, dodge 5; lvl 20 support: 1250 hp, 3015 with Life buff #3, dodge 26. Assuming same attacker as before, shot number 52 destroys tank, support survives with 415hp. What. The. Hell.
I don’t care how much time research requires, it just doesn’t make sense that ships from class called tank are actually worse at tanking than support.

2. Lifesteal gun.
This thing is so broken, I don’t know where to begin. No offence guys, but this is first time I see programmers who fail at math that bad. Do you realize that 500% is 5 times more, not 0.5? Raider lvl 50 (150 base attack) with maxed Lifesteal gun (50+1*attack dmg) deals 200 dmg and restores, brace yourselves, 10 + 5*200 = 1010 hp every shot. Max lvl Repair kit heals 1000hp every ten seconds, limited to 30 uses. Max Life buff used by lvl 50 tank heals 6690 every 40 seconds, limited to 10 uses. Lifesteal gun heals raiders, of all classes, 1010 hp every shot, with 0.3 delay between shots and 75 ammo (more if you have ammo bonus research; delay and ammo capacity assuming info in weapon spreadsheet is correct). Remember how support was better tank than tank? Well, raider is better at tanking than said support by few orders of magnitude.
At least 1010 hp healed every shot. Seriously, WTF devs?
And why does it require raider tech? Since when are they about healing themselves and survival? I don’t see anything even remotely close for tank’s damage output.

3. Life buff.
50% of hp healed starting with lvl 1 is just way, way too much and is the main reason of slow PvP duels. I think it should start at something like 10% and then increase 5% every level up to 50% at max lvl.

4. Automatic Defence Units.
Yet another defensive ability that works better on raider than tank. I know this game is called Nova Raider, but why do you hate tanks so much?
Lvl 50 raider with maxed ADU: 23% damage reduction, 150 damage (assuming no gems or buffs) returned for each shot taken. 30 second timer, 0 s cooldown (what?), lvl 16 counter attacks required.
Lvl 50 tank with maxed Reflector shield: 30% dmg reduction, 40% dmg reflected, so 99 assuming said tank fights above raider which would be using max Plasma cannon, timer 20 seconds, 5 s CD, lvl 16 counter attack tech required and lvl 43 tank tech.
To sum it up: for price of slightly smaller protection, ADU not only offers far better damage output, but also requires less technology to research, has longer timer and no cooldown. Final verdict: bah-roken.

5. Secure containers.
Are just unimpressive. They require divine technology, but when you compare them to other ultimate abilities, they’re “meh” at best. Electromagnetic bomb suggests that you wanted to make trader sort of disabling support in combat, and I think it is the right path. Sure, it’s fun to make a lot of money and never worry about huge number of trips required to refill reactors, but giving them no combat abilities save for one makes them kind of dull in the long run.

6. Balanced ship.
Is not balanced, is just the worst. It has every stat exactly same or worse than support of same level. One possible solution would be removing dodge from support, lower CPU on balanced and give it half the dodge support has now (or less, to make sure it’s not better tank than tank). This way it would make it unique and, well, balanced. Increasing amount of abilities that don’t require any ship tech would also help. And, if you ever decide to go with my idea presented below, balanced ship could be one that can equip class-restricted abilities.

I’m not sure what others think, but I believe some abilities should be only usable by ships of proper class. Some might say than raiders with hp boost and tanks with dmg boost increase diversity, but I say they blurr the difference between classes a little bit too much. In few months everybody will have all (important) techs researched and what then? One kind of ship with proper gear setup will be better than any other (for example support with dmg buff and ADU) and will dominate, making all other (combat) types obsolete. There’s a reason why wizards don’t tank, warriors don’t heal and priests aren’t DPS dealers. Clear class division encourages teamplay and, by extension, fun. This would also make balanced ship much more interesting option.

Flag Post

I’m starting to not want to play this game any further.

Flag Post

I was just about to start playing this game… thanks for this post… i won´t lose my time on an so badly balanced game…

Flag Post

We know there are balance issues, we will be addressing them during this month.

Flag Post

We have just discussed the balance issues, we’ll be patching during the week :)

Most weapons & gear will get some love (or hate), prepare for a big change :D

Flag Post

yippy it’ll be like Christmas again, only without evil raging santa and present chasing

Flag Post

Patch is live on our test server (not available for kong users, sorry), will be testing duels etc. tonight. Changes should occur tomorrow :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by graf:

I was just about to start playing this game… thanks for this post… i won´t lose my time on an so badly balanced game…

Sigh… Point of my post was to inform developer (normally I’d do that via PM, but I suspect there might be character limit in message), not to discourage others from playing Nova Raider. Thanks for twisting my intent.

Flag Post

BIG BOOM INC IS OVERPOWERED, imagine sublinet, you raid a HQ. Now those guys can come and suicide killing atleast 4-5 people in a bunch.

THATS SO UNFAIR! make it so it doesnt work in HQs.

Flag Post

Cry cry!
…but he is kinda right. Making it not work in HQ is no solution though, a rework is needed.
Big Boom also ignores pvp protection.

Flag Post

Another point:

Healing and buffing out of a safety zone .. that shouldn’t be possible.

Flag Post

Balance issue here, level 34’s are detonating some sort of bomb to kill level 26’s in G5.
WELL out of PK range.
THIS balance issue/bug abuse must be addressed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mehroz:

BIG BOOM INC IS OVERPOWERED

LOLOLOLOL

It takes week of continuous research, has 2 minutes CD and kills user. It’s trolltastic ability at best, crappy at worst. OP? LOL
If anything, BB ensures that guild attacks aren’t way to cheat around PvP restriction. If you’re there to destroy structures, you have 2 minutes if they’re online and all the time you want if they’re offline. If you just want to gank on lower levels you couldn’t take in fair 1on1 PvP, you’re out of luck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:
Originally posted by mehroz:

BIG BOOM INC IS OVERPOWERED

LOLOLOLOL

It takes week of continuous research, has 2 minutes CD and kills user. It’s trolltastic ability at best, crappy at worst. OP? LOL
If anything, BB ensures that guild attacks aren’t way to cheat around PvP restriction. If you’re there to destroy structures, you have 2 minutes if they’re online and all the time you want if they’re offline. If you just want to gank on lower levels you couldn’t take in fair 1on1 PvP, you’re out of luck.

Yea its not overpowered till it happens to you. See if you try to raid with 5 ppl and have all of them blown up by 1 noob with a crappy ability.

Flag Post

We aren’t noobs, mehroz :D

Flag Post

There’s a buttload of mid-low 30’s noobs with big boom PKing WELL below their pk range (middling-low 20’s) with this. They’ve got their guild mate just behind to gather up the canisters. This abuse, and I DID say ABUSE is annoying.
Same with the nubs with the uranium extractor hitting you from 8 levels below, no aggro, can’t retaliate. (I think that was fixed in the last few days… but, still)

Flag Post

BOOM! HEADSHOT!

Flag Post

It’s the only use of the Big boom inc anyway.. No-one ever uses it in open battles !

Flag Post

That’s only because I rarely play. Kira can tell you about that one time when I took out 3 RADs and all Nix somehow survived. They thought fighting near G5 garage was safe. Fun times! :D