[Backyard Monsters] Upgrading Map room 2 has a risk again :'( (locked)

81 posts

Flag Post

sorry for the bad news,

But it seems a new epidemic has hit BYM. Oops something broke, is the new cell 0 base. encountered two players with the bug in a timeslot of 20 minutes. Fact is, they both gained it from upgrading their map room. Restarting the computer doesn’t work, and an cache dump doesn’t work either.

Flag Post

placeholder, maybe I post one day saying that we have found a solution.

Flag Post

Fact of the matter, “Opps something broke” will always be around as-long as scripters are doing there work.

The main cause was people upgrading and being moved to a hex that was once an “Infected OP” or “Scripted Main Base”. Which has been seen first hand to cause the error.

Flag Post

So if I read that final part correctly Dessy, if you script a main base, the hex becomes a oops hex if you move?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lordleelee2:

So if I read that final part correctly Dessy, if you script a main base, the hex becomes a oops hex if you move?

So I’ve experienced, yes.

I’ve seen tons more cases with Infected OP hexs, only a few script main bases.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

So it has returned again… Well, I hope KIXEYE doesn’t let it slaughter us like it did last time. For now, I think we should just stay alert, and expect this might happen when you upgrade your map room.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Golco:

So it has returned again… Well, I hope KIXEYE doesn’t let it slaughter us like it did last time. For now, I think we should just stay alert, and expect this might happen when you upgrade your map room.

Well last time it broke out, Kixeye did something small about it. Maybe if it happens again they’ll do something more.
(Nice to see you Golco, been way to long ;D)

Flag Post

Yeah, I would say. My 3rd base… I was considering upgrading it, since people say it’s more or less safe. Thank god that i didnt.

Flag Post

Please also be aware that there are only a couple of reported signs of the issue poping up. (4-5 on my count)

The chances of this happening to you are still extremely slim. It is your choice to do so, so please do when you feel comfortable.

But keep in mind, the experiences of Map Room 2 are significantly better than what you experience in Map Room 1.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Des_troyy:

Please also be aware that there are only a couple of reported signs of the issue poping up. (4-5 on my count)

The chances of this happening to you are still extremely slim. It is your choice to do so, so please do when you feel comfortable.

But keep in mind, the experiences of Map Room 2 are significantly better than what you experience in Map Room 1.

Well, true as that may be, the option of experiencing neither because Kixeye is too busy kissing up to facebook instead of debugging the out-dated version of BYM on Kong isn’t exactly a fun option. Also, you say “slim chances” but that guy has a two out of two “success” rate. Doesn’t seem slim enough to me.

Flag Post

When I said slim chance, I was speaking in general. What I mean by that is out of all the people that upgrade today, only a few might get the issue. It’s all based on chance. I take into account about how many people are actually scripting and how many hexes are considered bad. Also taking into account the amount of available hexes there actually are. Based on results that I’ve seen, it’s still a “Slim chance”.

Flag Post

Des_troyy, make that 5-6, I just got it. ): I would of stopped the upgrade if I was here when it were to finish and or saw this thread. ):
EDIT: I learned how to make elfs.
<(:’])

Flag Post

I dunno about a slim chance, considering that I’ve had three alts all hit the error (Though ASCubed did save the good one =P). Luckily, it never hit this one, and I jumped to WM2 during the days of Base 0.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arseus12345:

I dunno about a slim chance, considering that I’ve had three alts all hit the error (Though ASCubed did save the good one =P). Luckily, it never hit this one, and I jumped to WM2 during the days of Base 0.

Like I said, chance. You might just have bad luck.. ASCubed is good at what he does. Although he has his limits, don’t we all.

A few of my guys got the bug also, you just need to know how to stay away from it. :/

Flag Post

I am building MR2 soon. Just curious as to how one might stay away from this possible “OOPS” error.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aminoonion:

I am building MR2 soon. Just curious as to how one might stay away from this possible “OOPS” error.

As Dessy stated above, the chances of anything going wrong is slim. If I were you I would upgrade my Map room, much more fun :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by aminoonion:

As Dessy stated above, the chances of anything going wrong is slim. If I were you I would upgrade my Map room, much more fun :)

I agree with Golco, BUT if you truly wish to stay away:
Simply DO NOT upgrade your Map Room.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fugmo0fuganduc:

Keys Error strikes back and found a way to make an Academy-Mushroom.

True image, the mushroom should stay on top of academy until I collect it.

what’s they keys error?

Flag Post

Something very rare.. and easily fixable by just refreshing..

Flag Post

Des, I believe you would find something interesting when taking a look at my yard from my point of view. Never seen any other yard with the type of “Oops something broke” before.

Flag Post
Originally posted by xXGolcoXx:

Des, I believe you would find something interesting when taking a look at my yard from my point of view. Never seen any other yard with the type of “Oops something broke” before.

Post a picture.

Flag Post

This happened after I got my base back the first time:

Before I got my base back it was simply just that message with a grey background. I do not believe this is Base 0 anymore. But something else, something fixable

Flag Post

Oh wow, yes! That’s fixable :)

The Base “0” error removes the base from the game completely. The fact that you can see yours still means it’s not removed. You’re lucky :)

Flag Post

That means I, with the same method, get back other bases, a breakthrough?