[Vorp!] Cooldown Tech

14 posts

Flag Post

The cooldown tech claims to reduce the cooldown of loadouts by 1%. I tried testing this with every ship in the game and this is what I got.

I’m looking at the most buggy and ridiculous tech in the entire game developers

Well after clearing that out of the way. Here is my result of the testing.

LOADOUTS THAT COOLDOWN WORKS WITH

ANT
Pincer Gun
Sting Missile

JABBERWOCKY
Shrapnetic Bladies

HIRUDO
COOLDOWN DOES NOT WORK WITH ANY LOADOUTS

ANGEL FIRE
Vorpal Burners
Ventilate

SS VENTURE
Phase Beam
Photon Vorpedos

IRON WOLF
Packfire Rockets
Alpha Cannons
CLaW

SHINOBI
Iaido Beams

CIRCE
Bindu Bolts
Space Fold

CLANKNOR
Scatter Cannon
Gruba Turret
Gift of VORP

UNDULOREAN
Quantling Guns

XXGGGHHR’THULHU
Shogg’spurt

TORPAZ
Razor Shard

TURBO HAWK
Aero Slash
Ro-Skid

DREADNAUGHT
Minigun

CRAW
Shock Lance

So basically, if your ability is not on that list. Cooldown will not work

But instead of working, what cooldown will do is produce a graphical glitch that tricks you into thinking that your ability’s cooldown is over while it is not. This graphical glitch can drain your energy and the loadout won’t even activate, or it won’t even drain or do anything until the actual cooldown is finished

Flag Post

I’m glad you’ve posted this, Master. This is very thorough. Far more thorough than my tests. Thank you.

I don’t know which forum the developers look at most, but it may be helpful to post on their G/S account:

https://getsatisfaction.com/end_games_entertainment/topics/tech_mod_bug_roundup?rfm=1

Also related:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/187-vorp/topics/314637-tech-bug-roundup

Flag Post

I do think cooldown works for Dreadnaught : BFG as well.
Solo match with 10 cd techs equipped I could fire 1 extra bfg missile every 25seconds. It is noticable because I recorded both with fraps, then let both videos run at the same time next to each other.

Flag Post

Addition to Circe:
Cooldown OP breaks the Omen Sphere (skill2)
The energy is used and then must wait another full cooldown timer, but it doesnt fire.

Flag Post

Used 32 Cooldown Techs and here is what i can say after reaching Level 10+ ( nearly all CD Techs online )

Dread: Minigun working, nothing else anymore
Turbo Hawk: Kickstart working, Blades not
Jabber: Nothing works. But the Sharper Edges hits more often
Circe: Nothing works
Venture: Beam works, everything else not
IW: Rockets and Lasers works, shield and Claw not
Undu: Quantling works, all others not
Torpaz: Shards work, all others not

Flag Post

masa Turbo: Aero slash works
Jabber: magnetic blades work
Circe: Main attack, works and space fold was 1 second faster
Venture: dude vorpedos does work
IW: craw do work time it

Flag Post

Jabber blades, Circe Bindus, Venture Torp are NOT working. Thats what i figured out.

Flag Post

bindus do work , i just tested it with circe. Torp loses about 0.5 second between total cooldown.

Flag Post

you waited with Bindus until all 10 are reloaded and shot them all out? When i did it, i had just 7 of 10 loaded shots rdy

Flag Post

Just saying, even if this op works on only the q of most ships, it is still very very good. On clank pretty much better than damage increase since he doesn’t hurt himself much with shots.

Flag Post

For my own testing. Does this mean that if the bug does not happen then the cooldown tech worked? Or is it just sometimes that the fake usage bug occurs?

Flag Post

On Gruba Turret: I experienced the same bug that I sometimes have with the ant- warp when trying to put down my turret. I had 7 cd techs active. I think you should remove gruba turret from the list.

Flag Post

I think lag is a very important indicator for this bug.
More lag = Bug comes faster
No lag = CD Techs work

Flag Post

Update: Hirudo and cooldown techs. A lot of time was spent with 16 CD techs making sure this information is correct:

Skill 1: cooldown works, reduced by 16%
Skill 2: cooldown works, but only by 6%
Skill 3: cooldown reduced by 4% but it doesnt work! Insoulator does NOT make invulnerable, although the FX (yellow shiny) triggers without effect. Died 4x because of this, thinking that the shield would be up.
Skill 4: no application