[Dungeon Overlord] [Official] Dungeon Overlord™ Beta Birthday Brainiac Contest

23 posts

Flag Post

Overlords, a celebration is at hand! The Dungeon Overlord™ team is preparing for our second Beta anniversary, and we have a challenge for you! Dungeon Overlord has taken a lot of hard work, and now we want to see if you have what it takes!

The Official Dungeon Overlord Beta Birthday Brainiac contest begins Monday! We will reward three Overlords on Necropolis, one from each tier, for their improved Research Collection.

Check out the rules, and what you can win! Let’s start the new year off right. Prepare your Warlocks, and get the details, now!

Flag Post

Well Sild, guess you and I dont count for this.

Flag Post

Overachievers all out of overachieving? Awww!

Flag Post

This sounds like a good week to slaughter people’s warlocks :)

Flag Post

Happy Birthday, Dungeon Overlord. :D

Flag Post

Bit of an unfair competition is you ask me………………

the first bracket ain’t too bad, but a lvl 21-28 should never be able to compete against a lvl 29+, most people move there locks to a bigger libary as soon as they can

also anyone in the lower lvls only needs a high lvl friend to send them some bookcases

The higher bracket is going to reward the people with the most top end furniture / and or the folks buying or being lucky enough opening a box to get the research boosts, i very much doubt a lvl 41 can compete with a lvl 50

Granted some people research a lot more than others, but thats again brings out a little unfairness, peoplethat have converted dungeons to pvp are penalized over the farmers who just sit in there dungeons.

maybe i just being a cynic, but for a birthday celebration (lol 2 years beta testing go NOG) this rates just above the christmas event. if you cant think of something that’s fair to all why make an event that most of us know we cant compete in

Flag Post

Not everyone will be able to participate in every contest. However, we plan on having contests frequently, so even if you feel you are incapable of participating in this one, the next one may be just right for you.

This contest is percentage based, so it’s not that players need to be the best in their tier, they must increase their Research collected by a higher percent than the other players in their tier. However they decide to do that, is up to them.

Dungeon Overlord came out of Beta in November of last year, but we acknowledge our Beta birthday since that was launch of our first server world, and our introduction to the world! Good luck to all of the Overlords, as they prepare for next week’s challenge!

Flag Post

Oh, when did the Kong version come out of open beta?

Flag Post

The launch of Necropolis as a Beta was a request by Kongregate, this allowed the K+ users first access. When it was opened to all players, that was basically the launch.

This was more of a “soft launch”, rather than an open-beta sequence. When Kongregate started advertising Dungeon Overlord, that was their decision fully launch the game.

Flag Post

Sorry i dont see the point of making an event that a lot of people cant compete in

most of us try to max our research to the highest we can get as soon as possible, some people even spend there cash getting the extra tiles to do that. Yes i could downgrade a few dungeons, build some libary’s lvl some locks, try and win,then delete and rebuild but that’s probably going to eat a lot of time and resources I could put to better use.

some people have already maxed there research, yes they could build more lib’s but again that means they destroying a lot of work to participate in an event. These people have been long term players (customers) and this is how you lot want them to participate in your celebration.

Granted lifes about choices, but if its a choice of messing up weeks of work to participate in a medicore event then to me its not really a choice.

You’re saying you plan to run more events,are these events going to be for everyone, or just select groups – Ive missed loads of events in my gaming career, mostly due to timezones, RL or just the fact i couldn’t be bothered, this the first time i will be unable to compete because i have actually played the game and filled my dungeon with bookcase already

I honesty @the stage now where i questioning why i bother to log onto this game , Pvp is basically non exsistant (see Sharks to the player base post). there more in-actives than actives (turns game into farmvile) and the one event that I will be around for is totally about the game recording some %

sorry if i coming across as argument, bt i (as well as others) have invested cash into your company, we finally get an event and i find its not suitable for peoplethat have actually played the game and built bookcases/lvl’d there locks – outstanding

Flag Post

I’m sorry you feel like you don’t have any room to improve, however there will always be people who feel like they can’t participate in every event. Perhaps if you assist someone expanding their Research collection, they may reward you if they win! I wouldn’t suggest your plan of reducing your Research, the readings for initial collection have already been taken. That would really be more a Resource setback than a strategy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

The launch of Necropolis as a Beta was a request by Kongregate, this allowed the K+ users first access. When it was opened to all players, that was basically the launch.

This was more of a “soft launch”, rather than an open-beta sequence. When Kongregate started advertising Dungeon Overlord, that was their decision fully launch the game.

Wow, Pellets — that’s totally different than how you described it in the thread that is stickied to the top of this forum, and there was never an announcement of when it stopped being “open beta” so we could celebrate that on an annual basis.

Necropolis Closed Beta Status

As Dungeon Overlord™ begins to transition from Closed Beta, to an Open Beta status, we will be making some adjustments in preparation. We hope to open up the game to all players on Kongretgate soon, to participate in the Dungeon Overlord Open Beta. The game will be down shortly today, September 23, to implement some changes to the Shop. If you have any in-game issues, please be sure to contact our Support team so that they can further assist you. Information on contacting our Support team can be found in the Welcome – Feedback & Bug Reports Forum Post.

Flag Post

I guess you’re right, we did call it an open Beta. However, in reality we made the game available to all players, and while it was available we did anticipate there could be issues, as we were launching on a new platform, and adding some adjustments to our rule set. So, in preparation for those issues, we called it an Open Beta, in case there was anything that needed to be resolved. As time passed, and we fixed those issues, Kongregate felt confident in our launch. They began marketing the game. Basically, that was the official out of beta requirement. So, I’m sure there is a date Kongregate said “Good going, we’re ready to fully rock-and-roll”. I suppose that would be the day we were considered launched.

Even for Facebook, the way we came out of Open Beta was to release a second server world. For some games its easier to distinguish the Beta sequence than it is for others, as traditional Betas have gone by the wayside. Dungeon Overlord hasn’t truly been in Beta since 2011.

So, with that, I will try to plan to celebrate our Kongregate luanch next fall in some fashion! This is to celebrate Dungeon Overlord coming onto the scene two years ago!

Flag Post

Harlan, I am still shaking my head, at an event, that by default, eliminates your top players/spenders.

You didnt give me an elf raiding event, like you did your other servers. So thats one.

You then bring an event here, that is geared to new players. I would be ok with that, if it wasnt geared to newer players ONLY. I have maxed research dungeons, many of them. I dont need, nor would it be beneficial to my gameplay, to add more. Not only that, but a level 40 player, adding some furniture in 2 days, and training a few locks, would crush my % increase. I could add a whole other dedicated library dungeon, get it to 12k/hr research with locks/tiles/furniture, in 12 days, and STILL LOSE the event. I just got my last normal research right now. I am onto forgotten lores. and you bring an event like this in NOW? So thats Two.

In the beta, i raised several issues/mistakes in programming or other, that needed to be corrected. instead of being an interested developer that was semi grateful, your team accused me of lying. more then once. on multiple issues. Which in the long run, i was proven right, and the corrections were made in game.

So I am now calling that 2.5.

One more im gone. ANd i will burn down this game with me before I go. I make no joke.

SO, how about us players who have helped keep you going? who have helped where they can? who wont even pvp anymore so as not to make another whiner quit?

Do you care? Actions speak louder then words, and all the actions i see tell me you guys would be happy if i left.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sharkhunter:

Harlan, I am still shaking my head, at an event, that by default, eliminates your top players/spenders.

That, Shark. Coupled with the fact that they gouge the paying players here on Kongregate compared to every other server (starting with the 2x boost output for 400% the price than their Facebook servers and moving on through the prices of tile packs while nerfing stonebinding.) That’s the “new ruleset” they had to beta, I guess.

Now that we know from chat the only way to get the actual devs to read this is to create “heat” by posting lots of messages about the same topic, I plan on gaming your feedback system and posting the hell out of this core issue. Too bad it will create the impression for other players that the dev’s aren’t responsive and that Kong players get the shaft compared to your other servers.

Flag Post

Now that the reasons why you couldn’t hold the elf combat contest here have been removed, why not hold it for us now?

Flag Post

Greenfireflygirl, that is something we could possibly do in the future. This contest is being run on all four server worlds simultaneously. We have some upcoming weeks where we don’t have anything planned, perhaps we could offer the contest to Necropolis and Annihilation at that time. It’s a valid suggestion, and something we can discuss.

Flag Post

The Results of the Beta Birthday Brainiac Contest on Necropolis:

Tier One: Overlords Level 1 – 20
gwolz
Tier Two: Overlords Level 21 – 40
miatadvr
Tier Three: Overlords Level 41+
mlbcrop

They have been awarded Gold, Food, and Bookcases, Congratulations! Another Dungeon Overlord contest will be coming soon, watch for details!

Flag Post

what were the % increases? You said you would post them

Flag Post

Mlbcrop, where are you? I think you annoyed a shark. If I were you, I would be careful.

Flag Post

In the end, the increases of the winners were all over 100%, some times 10 times or more over their initial collection rates. Listing out 2000% seemed a little overkill. If you contact the winners, maybe they will let you in on their stats.

Flag Post

ah Sild, so we only needed to build 4 more libraries to have a chance.

How about an event for everyone next time Nog?

Flag Post

We will change up our style events each time. We plan on doing about one a month, so I’ll have more details in February!