[Skyshard Heroes] [Dev] Hero Balance Update 1/4/2013

27 posts

Flag Post

General fixes

• Keris’ passive now adds damage properly.
  • A unit/hero that decays now properly takes damage from the unit/hero that applied the decay. (Rupture now works with Sticky Fingers properly.)
  • Airships and Boomers have updated description.
  • Airships have an increased range of sight that allows them to seek out towers
  • Fixed a bug that would show improper damage numbers in a battle report.
  • Fixed Honor consistency in the Battle Panel.
  • You can now switch a hero before you defend.

Alaric

• Final level of health decreased to 7000 from 8000

Isunda

• Increased basic damage from level 6-10 to 150/200/240/280/320 from 125/150/175/220/280
  • Mana Mortar’s mana cost is now 25 from 50

Jorund

• Stun curve flattened on Bludgeon to 2/3/4 from 2/4/6/8
  • Feed on Weakness duration increased 8/10/12/14/16 from 3/4/5/6/8

Gasket

• Reinforce now grants 15/25/30/35/40/45/50/60/75 armor from 5/8/12/16/20/25/30/35/40/50 armor.

Keris

• Duration of Shadowalk decreased to 3/5/7/9/10 from 3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/12
  • Shadowalk mana cost increased to 30 from 20.
  • Throwing Blades now targets whatever target Keris is attacking.
  • Sticky Fingers damage increased 6/10/16/24/32/40/50/60/70/80 from 2/5/8/12/16/20/25/30/35/40

Tarkus

• Increased Roar’s cooldown to 5 from 3
  • Mark from Slice increased 20/40/80/100/125 from 20/40/60/80/100
  • Dice increased damage 40/60/100/140/190/220/260/300/350/410 from 35/60/100/140/180/220/260/300/340/380

Locke

• Increased health from level 5-10. 1550/2300/3300/4300/5300/6500 from 1450/1950/2300/3300/4300/5500
  • Increased from level 5-10. 135/165/220/270/320/370 from 115/145/200/250/300/350

Colette

• Increased mana cost for Blinding Light to 20 from 15
  • Increased Blinding Light cooldown to 5 from 2
  • Decreased final level of Arcane Armor to 30 from 35.

Flag Post

Rudgutter for president

Flag Post

I hope there is a stealth detection/supporty hero on the horizon. A+ otherwise.

Flag Post

Looks good so far. Need some time to test it out to get a better feel for it.

Flag Post

wow so kreis is now the useless hero category list, 30 mp for shadow walk that lasts only 10 secs who is going to use a skill like that???other than this A+ good work wish you fix the conquest soon enough or for next conquest.

Flag Post
Originally posted by deathreapers:

wow so kreis is now the useless hero category list, 30 mp for shadow walk that lasts only 10 secs who is going to use a skill like that???other than this A+ good work wish you fix the conquest soon enough or for next conquest.

I think this solves the problem of ************************ers Keris-rushing bases and taking out cit and silos in a single run while taking no damage.

Also, Gasket’s Reinforce should mostly increase duration and not really the amount as it was good, but I guess that is also a plus. I still stand on the ground that duration is what needs extension for that skill to be of any use.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AleXinoS:

I think this solves the problem of ************************ers Keris-rushing bases and taking out cit and silos in a single run while taking no damage.

Also, Gasket’s Reinforce should mostly increase duration and not really the amount as it was good, but I guess that is also a plus. I still stand on the ground that duration is what needs extension for that skill to be of any use.

err do you realize that keris is made for what purpose??

Flag Post

besides you cant use him on PVP cause he is the worst tanker ever even if you equip him with aquinas plate and 2 indigo lens it wont make a blind difference on him.

Flag Post

so nerfing his only ability that makes keris different from other heros is kind of really bad,even if i dont get the sticky finger damage i rather have shadow walk costing 20 mp and 12 sec duration back.they could have made it 30 mp cost with 12 sec duration or 25 mp cost with 10 sec duration but 30 mp cost for measely 10 secs is not kind of fair towards him and now isunda is OP defender 4xmana mortar means no swords men rangers or mages,why even all units become underpowered when facing such a skill 400×4=1600 damage,hey rudgutter put a 5 sec cooldown to that skill or no attacker no matter what army or hero he has wont make a blind bit of difference when faced with isunda unless you stun her first but these days every one has goggles so i bet that every swordsmen rangers and mages will crying their ass off when they face isunda.

Flag Post

^ Can you structure that so that people can understand it?

Also, good job on working on existing heroes, this is a step. I am also glad Keris’s 2 skills are working.

Flag Post

Keris is actually MUCH stronger now.

Flag Post

Dev, I have a lvl 9 joround with lvl 9 bludgeon. I guess you made the duration at lvl9 3 secs if not 4 right? well it is shorter than that. I tested it and timed it a lot of times.. its less than 2 seconds. Upon stunning, he only gets to use 1 attack before the stun ends. Considering mana regeneration, he can stun 6x and attack 6x before he runs out of mana. This is NOT enough to defend against or kill an Alaric or Tarkus of his same level which should not be the case right? This will make joround obsolete esp against alaric and tarkus with good armor equipment. I believe Joround is designed to win a 1v1 battle. Please test it if you like and fix it ASAP. While you’re at it I think 5 sec from 8 sec is a LOT fairer instead of 4.

Flag Post

ATLEAST make Keris shadowwalk 25 mana NOT 30. Keris needs shadowalk to survive. He was designed for it. He has NO armor and BARELY NO health to survive without it.

Flag Post

well, they listen to two or three poeple, but they dont even bother with the other 50 who said not to edit keris, whos now the shittiest hero, which i didnt even bother buying because i knew something like this would happen, glad i stuck with tarkus. You should be fixing important things, like the fact that i cant beat the simplest defenses because of severe moonwalking which gets worse every update, and the twenty million other bugs that mosh together and form a game somehow.

Flag Post

so nerfing his only ability that makes keris different from other heros is kind of really bad,even if i dont get the sticky finger damage i rather have shadow walk costing 20 mp and 12 sec duration back.they could have made it 30 mp cost with 12 sec duration or 25 mp cost with 10 sec duration but 30 mp cost for measely 10 secs is not kind of fair towards him and now isunda is OP defender 4xmana mortar means no swords men rangers or mages,why even all units become underpowered when facing such a skill 400×4=1600 damage,hey rudgutter put a 5 sec cooldown to that skill or no attacker no matter what army or hero he has wont make a blind bit of difference when faced with isunda unless you stun her first but these days every one has goggles so i bet that every swordsmen rangers and mages will crying their ass off when they face isunda.

Like in the good old days. Isunda was initially designed for that reason. She’s utter shit 1vs1 and dies pretty fast. Her only use, back in the day, was defending vs troops. But then L9 and L10 came out and she became useless, now they gave her back her formal use. So don’t complain about that, it’s all she’s good at, almost. Also, Keris wasn’t designed to piss off other players by hero-rushing, he was designed to deal damage to towers and other buildings of the such while tank units take the damage and attack units break everything else, that way it opens the path to the citadel. But then people started abusing hero-rushes and simply spammed him and stole people’s hard-earned res all day, every day, then popping themselves in prot. So that’s total bullshit.

Originally posted by pheeeeee:

Dev, I have a lvl 9 joround with lvl 9 bludgeon. I guess you made the duration at lvl9 3 secs if not 4 right? well it is shorter than that. I tested it and timed it a lot of times.. its less than 2 seconds. Upon stunning, he only gets to use 1 attack before the stun ends. Considering mana regeneration, he can stun 6x and attack 6x before he runs out of mana. This is NOT enough to defend against or kill an Alaric or Tarkus of his same level which should not be the case right? This will make joround obsolete esp against alaric and tarkus with good armor equipment. I believe Joround is designed to win a 1v1 battle. Please test it if you like and fix it ASAP. While you’re at it I think 5 sec from 8 sec is a LOT fairer instead of 4.

Yeah, skill timers are broken, but they’re correct according to the server, since they get the message at a certain time but only give the response a second or 2 later, which makes you see it appear for a shorter amount of time, and this needs a serious fix, but the shorter stun time shouldn’t be a problem since you can still spam it, though I’d agree with 5 seconds.

Originally posted by pyroa:

well, they listen to two or three poeple, but they dont even bother with the other 50 who said not to edit keris, whos now the shittiest hero, which i didnt even bother buying because i knew something like this would happen, glad i stuck with tarkus. You should be fixing important things, like the fact that i cant beat the simplest defenses because of severe moonwalking which gets worse every update, and the twenty million other bugs that mosh together and form a game somehow.

He’s not the shittiest hero. Try him again with a fresh mind and see. The only reason you think that is because you’re used to him being utterly OP. Now he actually deals the correct damage (more than before) and is not invincible. The point of Keris is to be able to use him with skill, not with spamming 1 key to make you invincible for 2 minutes. He’s actually a fun challenge now. And with Colette’s stun being less OP, it’s fair.

Edit: Oh, right, I forgot to say something. Allow me to add that debuffing Colette’s armor was comepletly unnecessary as she is supposed to be unit support, whereas debuffing her stun is fine since it makes her more of an attacker (though it doesn’t really). Also, it would be nice if Seripha’s Wind was applied to nearby units/buildings. That would make her less “useless” as some may say. Since it only lasts 5 seconds, it won’t make things too unbalanced, but it would incite the use of units a bit more since they won’t die as fast.
And while we’re on the balancing topic, units need to be balanced with hero skills because 1 hit shouldn’t be able to kill an army, which renders them useless. Either make hero to units damage smaller, or increase unit health and tower damage.

Flag Post

Another problem I’ve recently been noticing, and is half-hero related, is cit hiding. Many times, when attacking or defending, an opponent can just simply hide behind a citadel, and make it hard or even impossible to attack that hero while they slowly chip away at the citadel. This needs to go.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CJNinja:

Another problem I’ve recently been noticing, and is half-hero related, is cit hiding. Many times, when attacking or defending, an opponent can just simply hide behind a citadel, and make it hard or even impossible to attack that hero while they slowly chip away at the citadel. This needs to go.

Agreed.

Also, Seripha’s Earth is still broken. It works merely 1/3 times, if you’re lucky. I have to literally spam it (with the global cool-down still being applied even if nothing is happening) for it to work. It would be nice if it was fixed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bbrady:

yea try walking kreis into a group of lvl 9 towers and dont use shadow walk we can see how hulky strong kreis is??
Originally posted by bbrady:

wow so why dont you try walking lvl 10 kreis into a bunch of lvl 8 towers and then we can see how hulky strong he is??

Flag Post
Originally posted by AleXinoS:

Like in the good old days. Isunda was initially designed for that reason. She’s utter shit 1vs1 and dies pretty fast. Her only use, back in the day, was defending vs troops. But then L9 and L10 came out and she became useless, now they gave her back her formal use. So don’t complain about that, it’s all she’s good at, almost. Also, Keris wasn’t designed to piss off other players by hero-rushing, he was designed to deal damage to towers and other buildings of the such while tank units take the damage and attack units break everything else, that way it opens the path to the citadel. But then people started abusing hero-rushes and simply spammed him and stole people’s hard-earned res all day, every day, then popping themselves in prot. So that’s total bullshit.

Originally posted by pheeeeee:

Yeah, skill timers are broken, but they’re correct according to the server, since they get the message at a certain time but only give the response a second or 2 later, which makes you see it appear for a shorter amount of time, and this needs a serious fix, but the shorter stun time shouldn’t be a problem since you can still spam it, though I’d agree with 5 seconds.

Originally posted by pyroa:

He’s not the shittiest hero. Try him again with a fresh mind and see. The only reason you think that is because you’re used to him being utterly OP. Now he actually deals the correct damage (more than before) and is not invincible. The point of Keris is to be able to use him with skill, not with spamming 1 key to make you invincible for 2 minutes. He’s actually a fun challenge now. And with Colette’s stun being less OP, it’s fair.

Edit: Oh, right, I forgot to say something. Allow me to add that debuffing Colette’s armor was comepletly unnecessary as she is supposed to be unit support, whereas debuffing her stun is fine since it makes her more of an attacker (though it doesn’t really). Also, it would be nice if Seripha’s Wind was applied to nearby units/buildings. That would make her less “useless” as some may say. Since it only lasts 5 seconds, it won’t make things too unbalanced, but it would incite the use of units a bit more since they won’t die as fast.
And while we’re on the balancing topic, units need to be balanced with hero skills because 1 hit shouldn’t be able to kill an army, which renders them useless. Either make hero to units damage smaller, or increase unit health and tower damage.

how can you think kreis can actually waltz around the dangerous maneating towers while throwing blades and knifes and fly as fast as the wildest winds and with flames flying around whatever he runs on and saving young damsels in distress and consired as a legentry hero of ninjas?what kind of freaky though is that kreis can be used along with units,why dont you try him,lvl 10 kreis try using him with units against lvl 9 towers and then you can comment on him

Flag Post

gay. i just tried to conquest earlier today and noticed gameplay hasn’t changed one bit, another fail update

Flag Post

seems some want keris to be a tank. he was supposed to be a thief in hiding not a warlord

Flag Post
Originally posted by WhiteLionKing:

seems some want keris to be a tank. he was supposed to be a thief in hiding not a warlord

well so if he is not tank let him be proper thief,even before he was nerfed he is the worst thief i ever seen,now even with proper attack he cant be usefull cause he has low hp.

Flag Post

lol, i always said he was a lousy thief

Flag Post

well so if he is not tank let him be proper thief,even before he was nerfed he is the worst thief i ever seen,now even with proper attack he cant be usefull cause he has low hp.

Then I guess you haven’t seen a good keris, because if you use him right, you don’t need him to have much hp.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CJNinja:

Then I guess you haven’t seen a good keris, because if you use him right, you don’t need him to have much hp.
@_@i have lvl 9 keris goddammit LVL 9 KERIS,and he is usefull only when no one defends now even that is gone cause his shadow walk cost 30 mp and last only 10 secs!