[Skyshard Heroes] A step to changing conquest

10 posts

Flag Post

One way or another, it would be GREATLY appreciated and HEAVILY supported by many players if you made the following change:

When a tile is Under attack, Surrounding tiles CANNOT be attacked. That means if I attack 0,0 , the surrounding 4 tiles that can be reached are 1W,0 1E,0 0,1S 0,1N. This means that when a guild works together to attack a fort, someone cant Branch off to another tile to gain 30 minutes of delay to stay in that territory and come back to attack the nearby tiles/forts.

I know that quite a few on here will say Well that just defeats the purpose and makes it to where strategy isn’t involved. Well, Really? Do you think that attacking a nearby tile to keep your foothold in the territory While 6 of your tiles are under assault simultaneously is strategic when it is the Only way you can keep from getting pushed out of the territory? I call it cheap. It needs to be Removed.

Another tactic used is dropping nearby tiles and retaking them to gain protection and enclose a Branched tile. Unfortunately, doing this angers a few select people and makes them butthurt to the point that kicking them out of your territory makes them login to a special little Alt and spam you to all hell.

Thanks for the consideration. It will become a major turning point in conquest if implemented.

Flag Post

this confused me i didnt even know 1/3 of what he said but now i know

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tsuichi:

One way or another, it would be GREATLY appreciated and HEAVILY supported by many players if you made the following change:

When a tile is Under attack, Surrounding tiles CANNOT be attacked. That means if I attack 0,0 , the surrounding 4 tiles that can be reached are 1W,0 1E,0 0,1S 0,1N. This means that when a guild works together to attack a fort, someone cant Branch off to another tile to gain 30 minutes of delay to stay in that territory and come back to attack the nearby tiles/forts.

I know that quite a few on here will say Well that just defeats the purpose and makes it to where strategy isn’t involved. Well, Really? Do you think that attacking a nearby tile to keep your foothold in the territory While 6 of your tiles are under assault simultaneously is strategic when it is the Only way you can keep from getting pushed out of the territory? I call it cheap. It needs to be Removed.

Another tactic used is dropping nearby tiles and retaking them to gain protection and enclose a Branched tile. Unfortunately, doing this angers a few select people and makes them butthurt to the point that kicking them out of your territory makes them login to a special little Alt and spam you to all hell.

Thanks for the consideration. It will become a major turning point in conquest if implemented.

yea agency heavily depends on this tactic if removed well then its finished for them,they wont be able to keep up their 5 territory formation ever.

Flag Post

Attacking surrounding tiles from a tile under attack should not be possible.

A slight variation from Tsuichis suggestion, in this option you could attack a surrounding tile if you had another tile that you could attack from. Difference isn’t big, but thematically it makes much more sense.

Flag Post
Originally posted by era42:

A slight variation from Tsuichis suggestion, in this option you could attack a surrounding tile if you had another tile that you could attack from. Difference isn’t big, but thematically it makes much more sense.

yea +1

Flag Post
Originally posted by era42:

I thought that was given. If one has, for example, 10E,10N and 12E,10N and the 10E tile is under attack, they should still be able to hit 11E,10N via 12E,10N, but if that tile is also under attack, then they can’t.

Anyhow, I agree as well. I will avoid adding any personal opinion to this to avoid it from being used against me, so all I’ll say is that it will indeed enhance conquest and make the game actually strategy-and-coordination-requiring, as it currently does without being easily taken down with 1 cheap move. In other words, it will make S3 not a cheap, lazy copy/paste of S2 that made a bunch of people quit. Just saying, hint hint.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

RUDGUTTER,

Acknowledge this true issue with conquest and change it this season. Not next season. This season. I repeat. Change it THIS Season. If you want to eliminate a majority of the complaining, change it THIS season, and watch how the map Changes. Again, THIS, SEASON. Forget next season. Infact, fuck Next season. Do everyone except Agency a favor which consists of the remaining player database in the game and make this change to re-establish more hope into the game.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

Bump.