[Nova Raider] Please change boss loot

13 posts

Flag Post

Every time you get the message a boss has spawned, it tells you it drops lots of gems, uranium, resources, and xp. However many players simply dont bother with it anymore.

Too many vultures are taking the no risk high reward venue to bosses. Low level people are simply sitting in the arena waiting for the boss to die so they can swipe all the loot from people who are actually fighting. Since they are low level i cant shoot them (until lv 30 XD all traders must die) so basically i can spend 5 minutes shooting and managing my health and end up getting maybe 1 or 2 canisters of 10 that drops because of the 4-5 people waiting for me to do the work.

Please do something about lowbies and traders who just sit there.

One solution
-sitting in the boss room too long without doing an action will remove you from the boss room with a 3 minute cooldown timer
-make the loot reserved for people

This of course brings up the question of how to reserve the loot, since supports do help, and raiders would have the best chance of just stealing all the loot, or all the lowbies and traders trying to get the last shot off. Have the game keep track of damage done on the boss, and for supports, have the game keep track of damage repaired (to avoid exploits the game would also have to keep track of how much a boss has damaged a player so you dont have support groups hitting each other and healing to get extra cash) then take a proportional amount of uranium and spawn it next to those players when the boss dies.

But bosses just are starting to lose their appeal due to all these players trying to get everything for nothing and going afk til the last 10 seconds while people doing all the work get the shaft.

Flag Post

I think it’s rather difficult to do all the math there, since tanks and raiders also have self heals and the boss even regenerates its own health. Freeloaders will almost always be an issue with any public event.

My solution would be to add private bosses, similar to the quest system. This way, a group can raid a boss with only people they trust to contribute fairly.

Flag Post

Protip: stop killing bosses when leeches are there.

Flag Post

Seizan has a good point, if you see leechers there, just don’t attack. Of course this isn’t as much of a problem in galaxy 4+ because pvp is enable in bosses so leech=kill. But you have a good idea, I think, with “timing out” people in boss galaxies that don’t do anything for 2-3 minutes plus, if just to keep afk clutter out (even though technically more afk people = higher loot for you). I don’t think it would hurt anyone to be teleported out if you go afk in a boss galaxy.

Flag Post

Protip: If you are level 25 fighting an icefly queen and 4 level 16 traders show up and sit there, you CANT kill leeches. And by the way they arent really going afk, theyre just sitting there waiting for you to do everything. No work SHOULD=no reward.

Flag Post

Or until the boss is dead disable all noob protection. If youre just gonna sit there as a 16 waiting for everyone else, be prepared to get shot

Flag Post

The problem with that though is how do you calculate who does the work? I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, I completely agree with you. And I would agree with you on the disable noob protection in bosses but there would always be some jerk out there who would exploit that by being, for example, a level 20 going around killing level 13’s for lols or their uri. For that problem I suggest simply turning off your uri dropping in boss fights, then the only reason for killing someone would be A) killing leeches or B) for the lols. But if you did turn off pvp uri drop in boss galaxies people would start using them as some “friendly” pvp arena.

Flag Post

I’ve 2 suggestion on countering vultures.
1. give boss a weapon, cooldown:10sec, target:every ship in boss region, damage:5% of target ship’s max hp ; firing condition : if boss has 95+% hp remain . This is a weapon, so no need to change current game mechanic. The firing condition force vultures to be alert but not doing nothing, while has less effect for those brave fighters come to kill boss.

2.If a ship teleport to HQ from a boss area, the ship will be teleport to quest center (or somewhere) when it exit from HQ, if the boss area has a boss presented at that time, otherwise return to the boss area. (this avoid HQ inhibitor abuse in general too, but allow ship to refill reactor’s resource in HQ while collecting in boss area after it died)

thx.

Flag Post

I’ve been one of the trader ships that goes in to FIGHT the bosses.
PLENTY of leechers/vultures… and they go PvP once you do kill the boss, or get it close to death.
Seems, in every game I play, douchebaggery is rewarded.

Flag Post

give uranium directly to players proportional to damage dealt.

Flag Post

And penalize support for no good reason? Funny how in other topic you complained how support gets no love, yet you want to punish them even more.
If leeches want to sit in boss romm all by themselves for an hour or more, let them. They’ll either quit playing or stop leeching after few days.

Flag Post

uranium for damage dealt… seen that equivalent in other games.. tends to screw over the “mage” or “cleric” type classes
Should be a way to tag players if they’ve actually participated in the boss kill, either by healing/buffing, or by direct damage (need to avoid the 1-hit wonders, tho).. and maybe put a timer on 1 the U capsules for them… 20 seconds, then ffa on the capsule?

Flag Post

i do play my support offensively since day 1 cause i thought, hey pets, that would be awsum. well its not … as for looters, thats GOD DAMM ANNOYING. some high lvl Bit$h comes in with trader and swoops all res in no time. disable teleportation to that zone once boss has been killed for anyone not inside the area for about 5 mins or reserve the drops for the participants for 5 mins the same way loot is reserved after mob kills.