[G.I. JOE: Special Ops] Technical Issues

10 posts

Flag Post

First of all, the game is awesome. It’s easy to learn, but more difficult to master, like all good games. I enjoy the equipment/equipment upgrade system, and the character selection is awesome.

Sadly, I don’t get to play for any length of time without some manner of glitch. The chief among them is that, while I’m in the lobby, any given window (say, the one telling me ‘[I] need allies’) might become stuck. I can’t close it, and I can’t go to the link it’s trying to instruct me to go to. Most of the time, I could just reload the page and it’d fix itself temporarily, but as I’m writing this, I can’t play the game at all because the aforementioned window is still stuck there despite refreshing the page.

I thought it might be that you didn’t support Firefox, but when I switched to IE, the game didn’t seem to load at all. Any thoughts?

Flag Post

Hi kretak :)

When you get this happening, could you press F10, a console window should open for you. If there are any red text entries, could you click on one of those which will open a further extension of that window with a fuller description of the error. If you could screen shot this and email it to us at gijoespecialops@gmail.com we can see in more depth the problem you are getting then

Flag Post

What’s with disconnections? 7/10 matches at least one player will be disconnected making the game impossible to win for one of the two teams …. =_=

Flag Post

The recruit allies link isn’t working for kongregate. I invite my friends thru the new kongregate window that opens up but nothing ever happens. And the game tells me that I have no friends online. I have no friends added at all. Please fix this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by single_till2010:

The recruit allies link isn’t working for kongregate. I invite my friends thru the new kongregate window that opens up but nothing ever happens. And the game tells me that I have no friends online. I have no friends added at all. Please fix this.

Are they accepting through Community>Activity Feed?

Flag Post

The good news is that since I reported the windows sticking, it’s only happened once, and that was solved by refreshing. (Sorry, I forgot to screenshot the errors.)

The bad news is that three times now I’ve been pulled out of a game that had already started and dropped into another. Once there, I appear to be in two places at once – one where I’m sitting around the base, and another where I’m fighting without any control of my character. I asked my teammates and the only one they see is the one where I’m sitting around. Meaning I’ve been made useless for the duration of the game and there’s nothing I can do about it.

I’ll be sending along some screens. There were at least 3 different types of errors that were reoccurring ever second or so, and one repeating type of warning.

Flag Post

And, of course, simply being kicked from the original game is enough to lock me out of playing for a while and reset my platinum bonus through no fault of my own.

Flag Post

This game is unplayable for now , that’s why there is such a few people playing it.
Matchmaking is f*cked , every single game you have to play against 3 level 20 friends.
This game is not even about skill anymore , is about having high level friend and playing with then every single time.

Flag Post

I was so excited to play this game but I see it is still glitchy. I couldn’t get past the “do you want to play the tutorial” screen. I clicked on “Start” but it didn’t do anything so I clicked it again, and again and then I clicked on skip, and again, but the box just wouldn’t disappear.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ishu_bagaria:

I was so excited to play this game but I see it is still glitchy. I couldn’t get past the “do you want to play the tutorial” screen. I clicked on “Start” but it didn’t do anything so I clicked it again, and again and then I clicked on skip, and again, but the box just wouldn’t disappear.

Here’s a tip I’ve picked up over time, you can do it one of two ways, either take a mental snapshot of the layout and memorize where the X, Yes, No buttons are, and bring your mouse to the one you want to click (even if the menu vanishes, it’s still open and right there, if you click on the location where the button you need is hiding, it’ll go through). The other option is more tricky to pull off, and really only useful if it’s a centered pop up menu in the game, and you are running on a Windows OS, you simply go to the Start menu (with the browser window active), and then slowly bring up menus (IE: My Documents) until you get as close to the menu button in the game window you need to click, then right click on one of your documents to extend the Windows menu and just drag your mouse over the button via your little horizontal menu ladder and click.

Just a couple suggestions for beating the annoying bugs like hidden menus. Both have been used multiple times by me to get around them, these days I find it easier to use the first option (memorize the button locations and click) rather than the second, but either one should work :)