[Vorp!] Game Zig Zag lag came back.

7 posts

Flag Post

As it happened again before, game now lags, after a period of time has passed.

Game is fine at start, as time passes though, lag is getting worse, and after a few minutes the Zig Zag lag appears.
The zig zag lag is only getting worse as time passes.

IT has happened before, we talked about it in forum, and they fixed it. Now it happens again. It’s totally unplayable, and lots of people are complaining about it.

It’s probably due to an attempt to fix lag or something. it is really bad though.
Please fix it as you did before.

Flag Post

By “Zig Zag” lag i mean, all ships and projectiles, anything that moves goes back and forth all over the screen.

Flag Post

I’ve had this happen to me multiple times also, i have found Clearing my cache and then reloading the game in Solo-play usually fixes the problem, or i will move my wi-fi router to a better position.

Flag Post

thanks akiko, i know what you mean. it’s not the same. this is building over time, it runs fine for a couple of minutes. its probably a server tweak. last time they fixed it within a day, endgamesllc will now what to do if they see it. probably

Flag Post

https://getsatisfaction.com/end_games_entertainment/topics/zig_zag_issues <— this also sounds like something you have experienced. Not sure how helpful the old post is, but it answers some questions about it.

Flag Post

Thak you for the suggestion, I happened to find out that DELL Laptops including mine came from the factory with BIOS and GPU driver that would overthrottle in response to temperature getting high.

Before doing driver updates, my experience in VORP I may start off at 60 FPS, and then degrade abruptly to 20 FPS, and then abruptly drop to 3 FPS where most ships just spin around and bounce off of walls derpy like crazy.

After downloading latest BIOS and GPU driver, I am getting more consistent graphic performance in the 45-60 FPS range, and a little more consistent battle results.

Flag Post

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/29623-dell-releases-bios-updates-fix-underperforming-overthrottling-notebooks.html is the article with the details about the DELL BIOS / GPU Driver issues.