[Jagged Alliance Online] How to spend the skill points in a Gunner?

4 posts

Flag Post

We need guides for this game, I’m a newbie but I can assure that the Sniper is the best class, at least for solo farming, one-hit everything and 0 damage taken.

Flag Post

Well, actually you will find a well balanced team to be best- most other teams will not fare well in later levels, even in PvE. But the idea is to NOT have exactly one way to play and skill your guys.

Flag Post

WEAPON POINTS:
Is it good to spend all the points in the 2 base weapons of the gunner (machinegun and shotgun)?

BODY POINTS:
I think that the most important thing for a new player is to increase the total amount of AP, so Reflexes or Dexterity?

Flag Post

To use the best weapon currently available in each category, you need about 60-70 points in the corresponding skill. If you don’t have enough, the game won’t let you equip the weapon at all. Additionally, there seems to be very little difference in performance between having 70 in a weapon skill and having 100. If you restrict your skill in each weapon to the minimum needed to wield the weapon you like best in that category (which may not be the top one) you can potentially distribute your 150 points (3 points per level over 50 levels) in such a way that your merc can use 3 weapons reasonably well.

Which weapons those should be is entirely up to you.