Burst is excited to announce its latest update to WarMage Battlegrounds. Included in this update are three new units: Bone Golem, Mountain Troll, and the Treant.
Notes for 1.14.1
- Dragonkin Staffmaster’s Mighty Staff Blow has no morale cost and produces no morale.
- Lycan Assassin’s Double Assassin’s Strike has no morale cost and produces no morale.
- Mountain Troll named correctly when crouched.
- Crouched Mountain Troll’s “Whump” now does instant damage and has sound effects.
- Treant’s passive Sprout ability now only sprouts trees in the hex the Treant was occupying in the previous round.
- AI Units with teleport movement no longer attempt to move into teleport blocking hexes, breaking their turn.
- Squad stacks will automatically be lowered to their max number if they’re over it in a battle configuration.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the “match start” sound effect to play multiple times.
- Fixed a bug that made a disconnected player unable to rejoin a battle if reconnected before time expired.
- Sullen Marsh battlegrounds have new art.
- Demon Andros has updated portrait art.
Notes for 1.14
- Bone Golem: Animated by Death Magic, the Bone Golem crushes enemies and knocks them backward through summoned Skeletal Fences.
- Mountain Troll: A reclusive creature that will crush nearby enemies when provoked, the Mountain Troll can crouch, making itself extremely resistant to attack and immovable. While crouched, it will attempt to knockback and tackle any squad approaching or attacking it. The Mountain Troll blocks line of sight.
- Treant: The Treant thrashes nearby enemies with its branches causing crushing damage. It can root and cause Life Magic damage to all adjacent squads. The Treant may cause knockback and may leave saplings as it moves. The Treant blocks line of sight and flight. Treant saplings block line of sight and flight.
- Gedbog (2-Player) and Haknoi (4-Player) Battlegrounds have been removed from the Ranked Battle play list.
- Loot now has a chance to drop in Valreth’s Keep now on Standard, Difficult, and Extreme difficulties for both Solo and Co-Op battles.
Battle Unit Updates
- see next post for a complete list Battle Unit updates
Other Updates & Fixes
- Increased gold given from the “Golden Touch” stat now affects rewards given from bounties and achievements. The stat level at the time the reward was earned determines the increase.
- Damage estimate tooltips now correctly estimate damage per unit for abilities that do different damage for different parts of their target collection, such as the Minotaur Firemage’s Fireball ability.
- Summon Wyvern Riders has been corrected to summon 13 Units instead of 17.
- Leaderboards now show the top 100 WarMages.
- Removed “Default” sort options from store tabs. All tabs now start on an appropriate sort type.
- The “/reply” or “/r” command now automatically switches to “/t [Name of WarMage Replying to]”, to allow you to see who the message will go to.
- Chat text that a player is actively typing is now colored to match the active channel.
- Upon start of a multiplayer battle, players are now switched to Battle chat.
- When spectating a solo challenge, the turn timer now correctly doesn’t count down.
- When examining a WarMage outside of battle, you can no longer see what artifact buffs they have active.
- When a player is waiting in a ranked queue for 3 minutes, a system message is sent notifying other players that a ranked match is available.
- New art added for Action Buttons.
- New art added for Summer and Winter battlegrounds.
- New audio added at start of a turn.
- New audio added for the start of a battle.
- Empty hexes now either say “Grass” or “Snow” depending on the battleground.
- Fixed a bug that caused flying units to not be targetable.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a unit to not be properly removed from the map if killed by knockback into a hex effect.
- Fixed a bug that caused floating combat text to only show 2 modifiers.
- Fixed a bug that could cause units to not be selectable from the top Unit Bar during placement.
- Fixed a bug that caused scrolls to not be removed from your inventory after their quantity dropped to zero.
- It is possible for the Treant to trap itself within its saplings and be unable to move. This will be fixed in a future update.
- Audio is missing for the Mountain Troll’s knockback. This will be fixed in a future update.
- When in Crouching Troll form, there is a typo in the Mountain Troll’s name. This will be fixed in a future update.