[Jagged Alliance Online] [Suggestion] Add a loading bar

5 posts

Flag Post

This game needs a loading bar showing at least the downloaded percentage, currently one loading bar for the intro when you load the game and others bars as needed, for example when you play a mission.

Flag Post

You’re right. In an earlier version of the game there was a loading bar. However, it was a complete fake :)
That’s due to a bug in the currently used version of the Unity engine that reports progress of downloaded files as 0% until they are finished. Then it jumps to 100%.

As you can imagine it’s hard to build a correct progress bar on top of that. But we’re working on upgrading the engine and then we can report correct download progress.

Flag Post

The loading bar at the moment is worse than the loading whirl. At the moment I’m getting the loading bar at 100% (which seems to be inaccurate because nothing happens from there). There is no movement so I don’t know whether it has frozen or not.

Flag Post

Hello Andrew,

thank you for your feedback. We have already worked on fixing the loading bar and the change will be implemented with tomorrow’s maintenance.

Flag Post

Thanks for the loading bar it’s really good.

Sometimes I seem to get stuck on Processing Map 100%. Can that take a long time or does that mean it’s encountered problems?